The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1601  
Old 11-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
I never said you should change your opinion, I just said it's ridiculous to pretend you know more than the entire Spanish Judicial System and can make accusations without proof. I also think Infanta Cristina is innocent.

That's my opinion and, as you said, I'm entitled to it. But I already know you don't know how deal with opinions different from yours.
First I will say I know very little about the Judicial System in Spain, I get my views from all the news paper articles, the videos, the reports by various people around the world and from comments here and from my friends in Spain, I think that should cover it, and I think she is guilty as sin, this woman has had and still has everything handed to her in life, she is one smart intelligent cookie and I think she will throw her hubby under to the bus to survive, she wears the pants so to speak, after all is was raised to be what she is a *royal princess* and sometime royal barks and want everyone in their path to jump, she seems that type to me.

And I don't care what other opinions are, I think it's great that there are so many different opinions as that is great for a open discussion and sometime it gets hot in the kitchen which is the way it should be in kitchens.

I am glad you have your own opinion as I do mine and I will always be the first to say in this world that *I don't know everything, yet I am more then willing to learn and read and grow as I love learning something new each day*......have a great day!
__________________

  #1602  
Old 11-07-2014, 09:34 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I feel the same. I just hope the situation can be resolved soon and that it won't affect Felipe and Letizia's reign or the Spanish Monarchy in general.
I don't think it will affect them - they have managed to distance themselves from it, and I think most people realize that you can't pick your relatives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I also hope that Inaki and Cristina's children haven't been affected too much by their parent's mess, and that they are able to lead relatively normal lives (or as normal as normal can be in this sort of situation) and that they are having a happy time at school. I've noticed that they have been smiling less recently...

I think the couple moving to Geneva was quite a wise move, as I feel that if they stayed in Spain there would be even more problems - am I correct in thinking that Inaki was voted as Spain's most second hated man once?
I hope that the kids have some normalcy too - but I just don't see how they have not been damaged by all of this. They were smart to move them out of Spain - returning to Spain was certainly not in the kids' best interests, IMO.
__________________

__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1603  
Old 11-08-2014, 05:12 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
It is still possible that Cristina might not go to trial at all...

The trial is likely to take pace in 2016, unless the so-called Botín doctrine is applied, which would see Cristina avoid the ignominy of having to sit in the dock.

ROYAL CORRUPTION SCANDAL: Court maintains Spanish king’s sister Cristina as suspect in tax fraud case | In English | EL PAÍS
  #1604  
Old 11-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,924
We need to note that the Office of the Public Prosecutor in Palma de Mallorca saw no convincing evidence for the claims laid down against the Infanta Doña Cristina. The first conclusions were that there was no case which could stand before the tribunal. A special action group with the aim "Doña Cristina Must Hang Whatever The Cost" appealed and questioned every possible step taken by the Office of the Public Prosecutor and against two of the three magistrates in the Tribunal of Palma de Mallorca who dared to plea in favour of Doña Cristina... So it is all quite coloured and ideology-driven rather than a "normal" conflict about tax assessments which happens every day in Spain.
  #1605  
Old 11-08-2014, 07:00 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,826
The lawyer of the Infanta, Miquel Roca speaks following the decision of the Court of Palma.

El abogado de la Infanta valora la desición judicial: 'No significa que tenga que ir a juicio'
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
  #1606  
Old 11-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,385
Money laundering charges against Spanish princess dropped - Telegraph
  #1607  
Old 11-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,321
If the Spanish Court has dropped the charges, it is done for that charge. Over and finished. No matter what anyone personally thinks, doesn't matter. There will be theories about this decision until the day she dies. No one will ever know what went on behind closed doors and with whom. Done every day in all countries for many reasons. For the sake of her children, I am glad this section is over no matter my personal beliefs.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #1608  
Old 11-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
If the Spanish Court has dropped the charges, it is done for that charge. Over and finished. No matter what anyone personally thinks, doesn't matter. There will be theories about this decision until the day she dies. No one will ever know what went on behind closed doors and with whom. Done every day in all countries for many reasons. For the sake of her children, I am glad this section is over no matter my personal beliefs.
The court dropped the money laundering charges, but the tax evasion charges still stand. Doña Cristina might still stand trial after all. As for Iñaki, he is most likely going to jail.
  #1609  
Old 11-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The court dropped the money laundering charges, but the tax evasion charges still stand. Doña Cristina might still stand trial after all. As for Iñaki, he is most likely going to jail.
The State (the Office of the Public Prosecutor) sees no case which can stand a tribunal and advises against a trial. The Tribunal still has to decide on that but it would be most painful for the Tribunal when it thinks there is a case, makes great hullabaloo by summoning an Infanta de España to Court and seeing the whole case crumbling away because there is no "substance". They will only start a lawsuit if there is a rock hard case with plenty of proof of a direct involvement and/or knowledge.
  #1610  
Old 11-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The State (the Office of the Public Prosecutor) sees no case which can stand a tribunal and advises against a trial. The Tribunal still has to decide on that but it would be most painful for the Tribunal when it thinks there is a case, makes great hullabaloo by summoning an Infanta de España to Court and seeing the whole case crumbling away because there is no "substance". They will only start a lawsuit if there is a rock hard case with plenty of proof of a direct involvement and/or knowledge.
The problem is that some people think Her Royal Highness must be punished for being an Infanta and rich. Her only crime was the horrible choice of husband.
  #1611  
Old 11-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
I don't think most intelligent mature people think like that, she is who she is because of birth, an accident of birth, no more no less. We can chose who our parents are, so she made decisions that will effect her the rest of her life and the lives of her children. Both she and her husband deserve each other.....I honestly don't think that most people care if she is rich or a royal, the fact is that she was in a position to do something good for Spain and didn't. I just don't understand people that have everything in life and then take advantage of others who struggle.....grrrr
  #1612  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:03 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
The problem is that some people think Her Royal Highness must be punished for being an Infanta and rich. Her only crime was the horrible choice of husband.
Well, all that and the tax evasion charges.....
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1613  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
In my above comment I meant to say* we can't chose our parents when we are born*, sometimes I type to darn fast and the mind doesn't keep up......
  #1614  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Well, all that and the tax evasion charges.....
As Duc said, there is no concrete evidence against Infanta Cristina, but maybe you know somenthing the Spanish Judiciary System doesn't know.
  #1615  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
As Duc said, there is no concrete evidence against Infanta Cristina, but maybe you know somenthing the Spanish Judiciary System doesn't know.
Be that as it may, but she is still *charged* with tax-evasion, maybe in the end she will be cleared of these charges, but at the moment the fact is that's not of the hook yet...
  #1616  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Cris M's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Niterói, Brazil
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Be that as it may, but she is still *charged* with tax-evasion, maybe in the end she will be cleared of these charges, but at the moment the fact is that's not of the hook yet...
Yes, she's charged, not yet proven guilty and can be cleared. Sadly, there are lot of armchair judges blinded by prejudice out there.

Some people are pretentious to the point of thinking they know more than the entire Spanish Judiciary System.
  #1617  
Old 11-08-2014, 07:26 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,826
Infanta Cristina has tax fraud charges upheld but could escape trial

__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
  #1618  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:34 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
As Duc said, there is no concrete evidence against Infanta Cristina, but maybe you know somenthing the Spanish Judiciary System doesn't know.
Let me tell you what I do know:

1) I know that prosecutors drop charges for many, many reasons, and not all of them are related to the guilt of the person or lack thereof (even when they state there's not enough evidence)

2) Insufficient evidence is not the same as absolution. There is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty, but when the process is so steeped in political machinations, it's hard to not look at that with a jaundiced eye. Frankly, I find it very hard to believe that the judicial system is allowed to operate completely independent of all sorts of pressure.

3) When somebody under oath repeated states they "don't recall," or gives very vague answers.. usually there's something up there. I am speaking from experience here. From my understanding she was even shown receipts of the Harry Potter books she charged and she claimed to know nothing about them. Also from my understanding, the judge was exasperated by some of her vague answers.

4) And somehow I just know, that Diego Torres' wife, who also might claim to have trusted her husband, is going to be treated a lot more harshly by the judicial system.

JMHO, of course.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1619  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Let me tell you what I do know:



1) I know that prosecutors drop charges for many, many reasons, and not all of them are related to the guilt of the person or lack thereof (even when they state there's not enough evidence)



2) Insufficient evidence is not the same as absolution. There is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty, but when the process is so steeped in political machinations, it's hard to not look at that with a jaundiced eye. Frankly, I find it very hard to believe that the judicial system is allowed to operate completely independent of all sorts of pressure.



3) When somebody under oath repeated states they "don't recall," or gives very vague answers.. usually there's something up there. I am speaking from experience here. From my understanding she was even shown receipts of the Harry Potter books she charged and she claimed to know nothing about them. Also from my understanding, the judge was exasperated by some of her vague answers.



4) And somehow I just know, that Diego Torres' wife, who also might claim to have trusted her husband, is going to be treated a lot more harshly by the judicial system.



JMHO, of course.

But, Giraffe, it couldn't be something like politics influencing the decision to let the daughter of the former king off if she really is guilty. Such a thing would never happen.
  #1620  
Old 11-09-2014, 05:22 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Let me tell you what I do know:

1) I know that prosecutors drop charges for many, many reasons, and not all of them are related to the guilt of the person or lack thereof (even when they state there's not enough evidence)

2) Insufficient evidence is not the same as absolution. There is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty, but when the process is so steeped in political machinations, it's hard to not look at that with a jaundiced eye. Frankly, I find it very hard to believe that the judicial system is allowed to operate completely independent of all sorts of pressure.

3) When somebody under oath repeated states they "don't recall," or gives very vague answers.. usually there's something up there. I am speaking from experience here. From my understanding she was even shown receipts of the Harry Potter books she charged and she claimed to know nothing about them. Also from my understanding, the judge was exasperated by some of her vague answers.

4) And somehow I just know, that Diego Torres' wife, who also might claim to have trusted her husband, is going to be treated a lot more harshly by the judicial system.

JMHO, of course.
Extremely well said......
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín & Family, Current Events Part 15: March 2011 - dazzling Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family 587 Today 08:50 AM
Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 2 (2015 -) An Ard Ri Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family 361 11-30-2016 08:58 AM
Infanta Cristina & Iñaki Urdangarín Picture Thread, Part 1 (Sept. 2005 - May 2006) Anna_R Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family 196 05-15-2006 07:39 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish calendar duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises