The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Serene Highness

I am sorry, and your right, it's just that where there is smoke there is fire........and this has been ripped apart by everyone involved from the law to the media to all the people on royal sites...and the people in the streets of Spain and other royal families, many think she is deeply involved.

What I don't get seriously is that here is a young lady, a blood princess, who has had everything in life offered to her, the silver platter, the tiara, the cars, the homes, the endless bank account, the vacations only the rich can afford and it's not enough? Something is not right in the mind and therapy would be a good start to get to the root of the problems.........I know people who have had and still get everything and it's not enough....just don't get it, so someone tell me what is wrong with this picture?

Old 11-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Will the Infanta have to renounce her rights in the line of Succession?

La Infanta Cristina afronta la renuncia a su derecho din?stico si fuese procesada | Baleares | EL MUNDO

Old 11-07-2014, 06:59 AM
Courtier

Some people here knows more about this case than the Spanish Judiciary System, it seems.

I prefer to wait the verdict before make my conclusions. But I agree with the King of the Hellenes that all this persecution against Infanta Cristina seems a bit strange and they're taking to long to solve this case.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Infanta Cristina will be tried, but for tax evasion only.

La Audiencia de Palma mantiene la imputación de la Infanta por fraude | España | EL PAÍS
Old 11-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

What could be the maximum punishment she has to "fear"?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
Bekia

La Audiencia de Palma mantiene la imputación a la Infanta Cristina por delitos fiscales pero le retira el de blanqueo - Bekia

Hola

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...auto-judicial/
Old 11-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Royal Highness

I don't know. Her husband will be tried too, for money laundering, as will be his associate, Diego Torres, and Diego Torres's wife. Infanta Cristina will not be tried for money laundering.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
What could be the maximum punishment she has to "fear"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I don't know. Her husband will be tried too, for money laundering, as will be his associate, Diego Torres, and Diego Torres's wife. Infanta Cristina will not be tried for money laundering.

Mel Brooks was right my royal-watching friends,

"It's good to be the king!"

Old 11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Court maintains Spanish king’s sister Cristina as suspect in tax fraud case

Court maintains Spanish king’s sister Cristina as suspect in tax fraud case | In English | EL PAÍS
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Spanish court upholds fraud charges against Princess Christina

Old 11-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

When is the verdict expected?
Old 11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

They did not take care of the royal Statute ! Cristina is suspected as a normal Spanish Citizen.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
When is the verdict expected?
Hmm, probably when we are all too old to care - it's taken so long to get to this stage!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Now neither one of us is that old, we are still young Renaissance citizens of the world.
This is not surprising, I want her to face her problems and the people of Spain for she had everything handed to her on a gold platter and did this. She is college educated, worldly, endless everything, I don't feel sorry for her at all. She should be very ashamed of what she did and ashamed to face her parents and brother.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Nobility

I feel really bad for Felipe and specially Queen Sofia, I hope something so unthoughtful as this doesn't hurt the monarchy in Spain, but I know it's in vain.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

I agree that this is hurting her brother and maybe the future of the Spanish monarchy..........with everything that I feel she did and wonder why in the hell do it, it's her brother who will have a very hard job now trying to keep things together. My heart goes out to him and his wife and their lovely daughters and Queen Sophia, I hope that Cristina stays far away from Spain for the rest of her life and let Felipe alone so he can do his job. Don't even need to know how Queen Letizia is taking this...mad as hell at her sister in law as she should be. I am a huge supporter and fan of KF and QL and their duaghters and hope they survive this nightmare.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Thanks God this horrible situation is coming to an end. I have no doubt Iñaki is guilty, but I think Infanta Cristina is innocent - God knows a woman can be blind to the mistakes of the man she loves.

Some people here should at least respect the Spanish Judiciary System, before think they know better than the judges and investigators. I think some of the accusations that are being made here (It's so good when daddy is King) are quite ridiculous.

I'm sure King Felipe VI respects the Judiciary System, but I'm also sure he still loves his sister and woud not be happy to see her being offended by pretentious armchair judges from Internet who knows nothing about what is really happening.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

In viewing Cristina and knowing that she is one very smart intelligent woman, (I always was under the impression that she wore the pants in the family not the skirt) after all she has a college education which must take intelligence to get, leave no doubt in my mind that she is as guilty as her husband and she will not go to jail and daddy will pay the fine as he has always supported her. And we are all entitled to think and have our own opinions here and elsewhere and nobody has to change those opinions to suit anyone else.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
And we are all entitled to think and have our own opinions here and elsewhere and nobody has to change those opinions to suit anyone else.
I never said you should change your opinion, I just said it's ridiculous to pretend you know more than the entire Spanish Judicial System and can make accusations without proof. I also think Infanta Cristina is innocent.

That's my opinion and, as you said, I'm entitled to it. But I already know you don't know how deal with opinions different from yours.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
I feel really bad for Felipe and specially Queen Sofia, I hope something so unthoughtful as this doesn't hurt the monarchy in Spain, but I know it's in vain.
I feel the same. I just hope the situation can be resolved soon and that it won't affect Felipe and Letizia's reign or the Spanish Monarchy in general. The Corruption Case has been going on for too long now, as others here have said. I also hope that Inaki and Cristina's children haven't been affected too much by their parent's mess, and that they are able to lead relatively normal lives (or as normal as normal can be in this sort of situation) and that they are having a happy time at school. I've noticed that they have been smiling less recently...

I think the couple moving to Geneva was quite a wise move, as I feel that if they stayed in Spain there would be even more problems - am I correct in thinking that Inaki was voted as Spain's most second hated man once?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal