The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I guess deep down I am surprised. That is her husband that she fought for years ago. The father of her 4 beautiful children. The one she loves with all her heart and she goes and craps on him. Hope judge sees through this if in fact she is "play acting" to keep herself looking like a victim
Perhaps this is the strategy they agreed together to try and ensure she is with the children.

I am, and this will come as no surprise, an optimist.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Perhaps this is the strategy they agreed together to try and ensure she is with the children.

I am, and this will come as no surprise, an optimist.
I have been wondering this myself. There is far more evidence against him than her. I don't think a judge will buy it, necessarily, but I think she will get off easy.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
It isn't uncommon for nervousness to manifest in 'excessive' smiling..

I just wish people would remember the VERY basis of justice is innocent until PROVEN guilty...

Wyevale, two good points. The smiling ... made me remember of so called displacement activities (Substitute activity). For all those interested, check Konrad Lorenz and his theory of instinct.

And the second point can't be repeated too often.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I am sure that is the Royal Strategy, but it doesn't make is right if she did, in fact, know and approve of all this stealing. Title by birth and money should not put you above the law. Now, if it is proven beyond all doubt that she is innocent of any knowledge, of course she should be cleared. But, if not and she is dismissed, this sword will always be over her head and effect her children all their lives. It is truly a mess. I will never understand their stupid thinking.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Yes, I am sure that is the Royal Strategy, but it doesn't make is right if she did, in fact, know and approve of all this stealing. Title by birth and money should not put you above the law. Now, if it is proven beyond all doubt that she is innocent of any knowledge, of course she should be cleared. But, if not and she is dismissed, this sword will always be over her head and effect her children all their lives. It is truly a mess. I will never understand their stupid thinking.
Absolutely right.
Given the circumstances and the outcome, which is known so far, I am not sure, if she will be able to "proof beyond all doubt" that she is completely innocent. I think, it is too late for that.

With a sentence like "I trusted my husband" - hmmm, does this proofs "innocence"??? I think, not.
But is is the only way to get her "out". So the sword will remain over her head.

The extreme smile was completely exaggerated and not suited for the Situation .

Bye Bine
Old 02-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Wall Street Journal
"We are very happy with the way things went," Miquel Roca, one of the princess's lawyers, said after leaving court Saturday. "It's now clear that she has taken on the questions, without any privilege, just like anybody else would.…After long hours of deposition, everybody must be satisfied."
Virginia López-Negrete, representing one of two private plaintiffs in the case, called the princess's refusal to answer their questions "a slap in the face to millions of Spaniards." The lawyer represents Manos Limpias, or Clean Hands, a small civil-servants union that has driven the case against the couple.
Princess Cristina of Spain Questioned in Fraud Investigation - WSJ.com

Will The Spanish Monarchy Survive Its Royal Drama - Forbes
Old 02-09-2014, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

As lula said, the evidence against Cristina of the kind that would be accepted in court is not clear at all, in contrast to Inaki. She wouldnt be the first person to go free while everybody/common sense is clear about her knowing about everything.

I am fully convinced that Inaki is very involved in the strategy, if he is thrown under a bus then only because there is no other option as to throw him, and he will agree with that. They are trying to get as well out of this as possible, and if Inaki has to go to jail (not a certainty at all if he can buy himself out of this whole issue) while Cristina can be spared, keeping all her privileges, then so be it. I defo see them together as a family long term, continuing to live a very good life.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

La infanta Cristina viaja a Madrid tras su declaración en Palma de Mallorca
Old 02-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

Somehow I have always had the impression by looking at her pictures and viewing videos that she is the one that wears the pants in that family and that she is the brains behind this...........she will destroy the father of her children to save herself, after all she is her father's daughter and I am sure he taught her well on how to survive. I don't feel sorry of Inaki, not at all, he knew what he was doing and if and I say IF with a huge ? mark goes to jail, he can then sit and wonder what she is doing in wherever she might be and with whom.................Karma is a b.i.t.c.h. and I hope it bites them both.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Serene Highness

There cannot be winners in the entire case, just loosers..... and yes, the truth will loose as well......
Bye Bine
Old 02-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
As lula said, the evidence against Cristina of the kind that would be accepted in court is not clear at all, in contrast to Inaki. She wouldnt be the first person to go free while everybody/common sense is clear about her knowing about everything.

I am fully convinced that Inaki is very involved in the strategy, if he is thrown under a bus then only because there is no other option as to throw him, and he will agree with that. They are trying to get as well out of this as possible, and if Inaki has to go to jail (not a certainty at all if he can buy himself out of this whole issue) while Cristina can be spared, keeping all her privileges, then so be it. I defo see them together as a family long term, continuing to live a very good life.
While flinging Inaki under the bus might be the most prudent strategy, and I agree, it's probably the most prudent under the circumstances, then the relationship will suffer.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Palma's are now back in Geneva

La Infanta Cristina vuelve a Ginebra con Iñaki Urdangarín y sus hijos tras su declaración - Bekia
Old 02-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think she had no knowledge of what he was doing. She is a princess and needs to be kept in a certain style now how he was to do this when he played handball is beyond me. So they were in this together never thinking they would get caught . Greed gets you in the end.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:04 AM
Serene Highness

And she *mocks* the world with that smile when leaving the courthouse because she still feels like she deserves everything in life without the responsibility of her actions.............

And I am sure PL will suffer because she did not attend the dinner with her husband and his family at the palace to show support for this, can't even call her a lady/woman for she isn't one, so whatever she is, PL has suffered for years because of this family and their unethical ways of working against the people of Spain. I say throw her in prison with her husband or banish her from Spain forever. I hope the rest of the royals in the world *shun her and her entire family from all activities* what bring them together.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

She acts as her mother !
Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Sofia is the best teacher, by now all female SRF members have mastered the art of 'smiling problems away' or 'looking animated no matter what' to perfection.
Princess Cristina in the dock as Spain's royal fraud scandal reaches court | World news | The Observer
Old 02-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

That smile was more than just a royal front they all learn to put on. She seemed a bit maniacal, and given the seriousness of the situation, it was inappropriate. Also consider this was a woman who just flung her husband under the bus, and there she is smiling and waving to cameras.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Serene Highness

Soo many 'armchair judges' here, unable or unwilling to accept innocent until PROVEN guilty...

I find their premature judgement as repugnant as the Infantas *alleged* crimes...
Old 02-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

from hola

La grabación de un vídeo de la declaración de la Infanta causa expect | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal