The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I am wondering why she was smiling to that extent?
It isn't uncommon for nervousness to manifest in 'excessive' smiling..

I just wish people would remember the VERY basis of justice is innocent until PROVEN guilty...

Old 02-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not a native Spanish speaker and I just wanted to double check my understanding. Today's proceedings were to have the Infanta provide her testimony and to allow her to be cross examined by attorneys?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Also news in Finland showed Cristina today. They stressed out that Cristina is handled different than others since she was taken by a car to the door. Some spanish people were interviewed, they said that they don't believe that Cristina will be judged. And what ever happens, the common people in Spain will suffer and have a difficult life in the future too.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I'm not a native Spanish speaker and I just wanted to double check my understanding. Today's proceedings were to have the Infanta provide her testimony and to allow her to be cross examined by attorneys?
not only attorneys, she has been responding to questions from the judge assigned to the case and also, there multiple entities with public prosecutors being represented...........

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Cristina leaves the court

Video

La infanta Cristina deja el juzgado después de seis horas de comparecencia, Noticias 24 horas - RTVE.es A la Carta

Photos

La infanta Cristina declara ante el juez en Palma - RTVE.es
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

Cristina looks relieved.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

“I trusted my husband,” Princess Cristina tells judge

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/02/08/...97_704475.html
Old 02-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Sounds like the Spanish Royals are throwing Inki "under the bus".
Old 02-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the beginning they have been proud, not accepting any mistakes .... and in the end that has led them to not make correct decisions. Iñaki threw himself... and at this point, it is impossible to save him.

Infanta Cristina has a chance using the image of a faithful woman who has blind faith in her husband and that's the tactic they have chosen.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Infanta's cheshire cat grin was puzzling,I'm sure she's quite relieved to have that day over & done with.Can't help but think what will happen next in this never ending saga!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Inaki, made his mistake but the establishment don't have much of a problem of throwing you under the bus when they feel embarrassed and they're PR's been damaged.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Sounds like the Spanish Royals are throwing Inki "under the bus".

Are you surprised by this?
Old 02-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/02/08/...97_704475.html
That headline says it all and shows the tactic Christina and her legal team are most likely taking. And that cheeky grin on her face? A picture says a thousand words.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a big difference, Iñaki is fully involved in all crimes ... the evidence against Infanta Cristina are much more dubious and not so serious.

For months Cristina and Iñaki were against the Royal House, wanting to do things the way they wanted, because they are proud and they did not want to recognize their mistakes... but was a disaster and they had no choice and decided to seek help.

Iñaki is going to be judged, it is impossible to stop it... there is hope for Cristina. This strategy is the only possible, especially considering that there are 4 small children involved.

We must remember that at this time, thanks to the King, the Infanta Cristina and her family live a golden exile in Switzerland, away from all the fuss and with good money to live or send their children to one of the most exclusive schools in the world.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Euronews

Old 02-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Corruption Case was a popular topic on British Radio this morning.

I don't think Cristina should've smiled on her way to court. Most, if not all, other people who are attending court look either worried, nervous, upset or angry; not pleased, happy, smiley and worry-free. I also agree with the Tweet, it did look as if she was on a royal engagement - I had to check the caption twice to see if I was looking at the correct photos!

It would be interesting to see an updated poll of the popularity of the Spanish Royals, I can imagine that Cristina and Inaki would be in the lower numbers. (Wasn't Inaki voted as Spain's most hated man a couple of years ago?)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Cristina even made Yahoo news here in the U.S. which had me astounded.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Will we get good information about what happened in court ?
Old 02-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's some coverage on MSN news:

Spain princess testifies in historic fraud probe
Old 02-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Are you surprised by this?
I guess deep down I am surprised. That is her husband that she fought for years ago. The father of her 4 beautiful children. The one she loves with all her heart and she goes and craps on him. Hope judge sees through this if in fact she is "play acting" to keep herself looking like a victim

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal