Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo, in Spain the sisters of King Juan Carlos, have not lived with much security, is normal to see them walk around without bodyguards.

Infanta Cristina now lives in Switzerland, a safe country and where she is anonymous ... the change will be gradual, but the government will not long be able to justify the extra salary is being paid to the police to protect her there.

Not exactly Duke, Prince Felipe has clearly distanced, and now the situation changes a lot.

While Juan Carlos was king, Infanta Cristina was legal member of the Royal Family. Though she was away from the official activities, she continued to enjoy the privileges and protection of being officially Royal Family.

When her brother becomes King, she will no longer be Royal Family, and will become an ordinary citizen. No privileges, no special protection. The Royal House and the Government are no longer responsible for her.

Absolutely right, it is a huge difference then.
BYe Bine

i have just seen in elmundo.es that cristina will also be processed for money laundering and cooperation in two tax offenses. the following links reproduce the information, elmundo.es has made the information in that link available to subscribers only (understandably)

http://www.bolsamania.com/noticias-...anqueo-y-delito-fiscal--0720140623073216.html
http://www.canalsur.es/noticias/españa/el-caso-noos-se-acerca-al-final-de-su-instruccion/405893.html
http://www.milenio.com/internacional/Infanta-Cristina-imputada-blanqueo-espanol_0_322167986.html

the final decision should be made early this week according to those articles. they mention a total of approximately 11 years of prison. however, iñaki can auto-blame himself and exonerate cristina.

the fact that this news comes now, just days after her brother took the kingdom over from her father, makes me think that this was at least one, if not the most important, reason why juan carlos abdicated. it looks to me like the royal house told the judge "just wait a minute until the new king arrives" who is, fortunately enough for the royal house, safely out of this whole mess...

Last edited:
Actually in the last two months it was known that this was going to happen at any time.

carlota;1679405 the final decision should be made early this week according to those articles. they mention a total of approximately 11 years of prison. however said:
If this is the case, I sincerely hope that Inaki would man up and take the full blame so that their children do not lose both parents to the prison system. Whether or not Cristina goes to prison, this is something that will be on her head for the rest of her life. Her children, however, are completely innocent and should not be made to suffer for this.

Just my opinion of course.

Reports indicate that Infanta Cristina, sister of Spain's King Felipe, will be summonsed to court this week to face charges of money laundering and cooperation in the fiscal crimes allegedly committed by her husband, Iñaki Urdangarin, for which she could face up to 11 years in prison...
... in March she made an extraordinarily forgetful appearance in which she replied "I don't know" some 182 times during her six and a half hours in the stand, used the phrase "I don't remember" on 55 occasions, and said "I don't know anything about that" some 52 times.
The princess also replied "No" to the question "Did you know that?" on numerous occasions.
King's sister faces 11 years for tax fraud - The Local

Actually in the last two months it was known that this was going to happen at any time.

Yes, but I bet JC was tipped off as to when exactly this would happen, the strength of the evidence, and the intent of the prosecution, regarding possibility of pleas, etc.

From the time I heard of abdication I wondered when the other shoe was going to drop in the House of Bourbon, and now I believe that this is that other shoe. A shoe we all knew about, at least there are no others.. hopefully.

I agree that Inaki should man up and place all blame on himself, if only to give some protection to his four children, who need at least one parent around. But let's see what honor there is among... family.

If Inaki puts all the blame on him, people will still be angry about the Infanta walking free despite her likely involvement.

If Inaki puts all the blame on him, people will still be angry about the Infanta walking free despite her likely involvement.

Yes, and Cristina should have thought about her children before she messed up with her husband's business. If Cristina is guilty, she should also go to jail. Their children have it much better than many other children at the same situation, at least they have money and loving families around them.

I just feel so bad for the children, they have not deserved any of this but it will follow them for a very long time. What happens to the adults is whatever the justice system feel is correct but those poor children have done nothing

Yes, and Cristina should have thought about her children before she messed up with her husband's business. If Cristina is guilty, she should also go to jail. Their children have it much better than many other children at the same situation, at least they have money and loving families around them.

Criminals never seem to care about their families while they are doing crimes [big or small] as they never feel they will get caught. Look at all the white collar crimes. They had parents that raised them, siblings that loved them and maybe spouse and children that adored them. But these Ponzi Schemes still go on. Now it has been proven that the spouses did have a knowledge, to some extent, of their husband's stealing but didn't rock the boat. But, each case was different and the wife stayed quiet for a variety of reasons; fear, love, greed, denial or was 100% guilty and involved.

Children are always the innocent members and everyone's heart should go out to them. But, they will be taken care of handsomely by Sofia if Cristina also has to join her husband in jail.

I just feel so bad for the children, they have not deserved any of this but it will follow them for a very long time. What happens to the adults is whatever the justice system feel is correct but those poor children have done nothing

You're both right of course - the children are the real victims here, but I don't think anyone thinks justice should not prevail in the same way it works for any other family in similar circumstances.

If they are victims, they are victims of their parents. I still feel enormous sympathy for them. They are much better off financially than most kids in this position, but at this age their peers are the single most important thing in their lives, and their peers know about this - in Spain, probably in Geneva. This is why they were better off in the U.S. - kind of twists the concept of "ignorance is bliss," but there it is. :lol:

Yes, but I bet JC was tipped off as to when exactly this would happen, the strength of the evidence, and the intent of the prosecution, regarding possibility of pleas, etc.

From the time I heard of abdication I wondered when the other shoe was going to drop in the House of Bourbon, and now I believe that this is that other shoe. A shoe we all knew about, at least there are no others.. hopefully.

I agree but I honestly think that many influential people helped to push him quite strongly to this "timely" abdication in a very abnormally fast "hand-over" of power. I honestly feel that if he could have covered up this crime of SIL and daughter, he would still be sitting as King.

I agree but I honestly think that many influential people helped to push him quite strongly to this "timely" abdication in a very abnormally fast "hand-over" of power. I honestly feel that if he could have covered up this crime of SIL and daughter, he would still be sitting as King.

I do too. I think that golden parachute to D.C. and not telling authorities was part of the cover up - an accessory after the fact at least morally even if legally there is no such thing here. But the evidence caught up with all of them.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I dont know how the Spanish legal system.

In the Uk police would investigate, on the basis of their evidence a decision would be made whether to charge/ prosecute and then a trial would take place. Obviously with the assumption of innocent till proven guilty.

So my question is... Has she actually been charged and is goin to trial, or is she. Eing summoned for questioning so a decision can be made whether to charge her?

Also, Has her husband actually been found guilty yet?

Ithanks in advance

Sorry if this has been asked before but I dont know how the Spanish legal system.

In the Uk police would investigate, on the basis of their evidence a decision would be made whether to charge/ prosecute and then a trial would take place. Obviously with the assumption of innocent till proven guilty.

So my question is... Has she actually been charged and is goin to trial, or is she. Eing summoned for questioning so a decision can be made whether to charge her?

Also, Has her husband actually been found guilty yet?

Ithanks in advance

good questions cepe. i am also not an expert on spanish law, but i believe that since cristina has declared extensively in march, this 'summoning' is in fact the declaration on whether she is guilty or not. following that, a number of things can happen, among which the prosecutors can refuse the summoning in the first place, so it's not the end of it all...

i don't think it was that clear, there was in fact a huge silence over the next few months regarding the case and cristina's involvement, so i believe you are talking about your personal opinion here?

You're both right of course - the children are the real victims here, but I don't think anyone thinks justice should not prevail in the same way it works for any other family in similar circumstances.

i doubt the children will be missing anything (material or otherwise) at all even if both of their parents are prosecuted. i find it extremely unlikely that the infanta will go to jail though. it's quite likely iñaki will step in to at least save the last bits of dignity he still has hanging from his body :ermm: and save the infanta of the embarrasment of even having to contemplate jail. in fact, i doubt any of these 2 clowns will go to jail for obvious reasons of being who they are. they will just pay a fine and then retire for the rest of their lives well away from spain in the hope this will some day be forgotten.

cristina and iñaki spotted in geneva on 23rd june. cristina seems to keep smiling as if nothing happened...Princesas: Spanish Royals Sighting In Geneva - June 23, 2014

What else can she do. She can't stay in house 24/7 and when going out, a smile is much better than frown or sad. I'm just glad that all this garbage will be coming to an end soon. Plus, when one smiles, people are always wondering what you are thinking!

Infanta Cristina will be tried for tax fraud and money laundering. The anti-corruption prosecutor will appeal in considering that 'there is no evidence of crime'

Inaki Urdangarin will be tried for six crimes: fraud, embezzlement, breach of trust, forgery and two tax

Judge exonerates Carlos Garcia-Revenga,personal secretary of the infantas, who was charged in January 2013 for his involvement in the corrupted case

La Infanta Cristina ser? juzgada por delito fiscal y blanqueo de capitales | Baleares | EL MUNDO

It doesnt mean she will be sentenced, at the end could still stand 'not guilty'. Its good to see that this whole affair is now going to proceed and end is in sight. Hopefully both will get a fair trial like everyone else is supposed to get.

With the entire world watching this trial, I am sure that she will get an very fair one. But remember, being found not guilty does not mean innocent. I sincerely hope that "behind the door" deals haven't been made and another reason King JC stepped down so quickly. That is already one of the conspiracy theories flipping around. Right or wrong, this money laundering will haunt this royal family for many years and will always be mentioned in any article written about them. Greed is a filthy thing. Shame

Last edited:
With the entire world watching this trial, I am sure that she will get an very fair one. But remember, being found guilty does not mean innocent. I sincerely hope that "behind the door" deals haven't been made and another reason King JC stepped down so quickly. That is already one of the conspiracy theories flipping around. Right or wrong, this money laundering will haunt this royal family for many years and will always be mentioned in any article written about them. Greed is a filthy thing. Shame

I have no doubt that the Cristina / Inaki affair had a major part to play in JC's abdication. I suspect more bad news may emerge in the weeks and months that follow.

:previous:
I think the whole family knows a lot more, stories that could or will come to light soon. Because of the abdication, Cristina is not a member of the royal family anymore so it is likely that the Noos case played a part in JC's decision to abdicate as there is some distance now between the Palmas and the house of the King.

I don't believe a second that JC abdicated for health reasons or because he was getting old, there will have been substantial external (political) pressure on him, he had become a liability for Spain.

It doesnt mean she will be sentenced, at the end could still stand 'not guilty'. Its good to see that this whole affair is now going to proceed and end is in sight. Hopefully both will get a fair trial like everyone else is supposed to get.

Spain's Princess Cristina faces trial threat | Bangkok Post: news

Exactly,this case has been a dark cloud over the SRF for 2 long now and although she's no longer an official member the case will still attract more negativity towards the embattled Spanish Monarchy.

:previous:
I think the whole family knows a lot more, stories that could or will come to light soon. Because of the abdication, Cristina is not a member of the royal family anymore so it is likely that the Noos case played a part in JC's decision to abdicate as there is some distance now between the Palmas and the house of the King.

I don't believe a second that JC abdicated for health reasons or because he was getting old, there will have been substantial external (political) pressure on him, he had become a liability for Spain.

I quite agree with you.

I don't believe Cristina will go to prison either.
Wealthy people never seem to suffer the full consequences of their crimes, it's generally a wrist-slap.
She'll perhaps be fines or something like that, but Jail? No.

Her poor kids,I really feel so sorry for them caught up in this horrible mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom