Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Well, El Mundo is not a rag newspaper; it's the second largest printed (after El Pais) and the largest digital daily newspaper in Spain, with a daily circulation of around 200,000 readers (that's printed-edition only). Along with El Pais and ABC, it's the most influential newspaper in the country. I often go through their digital edition and would say it's like a slightly more reliable version of the British Daily Mail.

Obviously, everything written should not be taken for granted but I just found it hard to believe anyone - Inaki and Cristina included - could find a way of blaming the mess on anyone else, least of all Letizia.

I don't know much about Spanish newspapers,but you're right about El Mundo,el Pais and ABC that much I do know :D

I guess no one really honestly knows the truth about what has gone on between the Palmas and the Asturias families,if its true then its really sad that for the children.

I don't know much about Spanish newspapers,but you're right about El Mundo,el Pais and ABC that much I do know :D

I guess no one really honestly knows the truth about what has gone on between the Palmas and the Asturias families,if its true then its really sad that for the children.

Judging by Cristina's resentment towards Letizia between 2006 and 2009, likely she and Inaki blamed Felipe's negative attitude towards their business on Letizia's influence. Just because he is her brother, he had to blindly support or help their criminal activities ? But Cristina is this spoiled and entitled.

I heard the main source of the book was Inaki's business partner. I'd say the partner likely told what he knew or what Inaki told him.

I often go through their digital edition and would say it's like a slightly more reliable version of the British Daily Mail.

QUOTE]

I think that is called "damning with faint praise".

Last edited:
''Urdangarín: Un Conseguidor en la Corte del Rey Juan Carlos'' mentioned above is getting lots of press in the last few days. The authors claim to have insided sources.

From an interview in Elmundo on 25 Oct with the authors:

"Relations between Don Felipe and Urdangarin are worse than bad. They do not speak. The heir is unforgiving."

"They are extremely materialistic. Iñaki Urdangarin, specifically, is a man pathologically obsessed with money."

"Divorce? Desirable for the institution in case of a conviction that seems inevitable. The King does not want the headline "King's son-in-law sentenced" but rather the less severe, "sentenced is the King's former son-in-law." The problem is that the Infanta still has a crush on her husband"

"One of the people who always suspected that something was not right with the standard of living of the Urdangarin and Borbon family was Letizia." The Duke of Palma believes that "Letizia is behind everything that is happening to us."

Eduardo Inda y Esteban Urreiztieta | Encuentros digitales | ELMUNDO.es

Does the Duke of Palma explain how Letizia has anything to do with what is happening to him? Good grief, that's a big stretch.

Am I understanding correctly that the article says that Felipe gave Inaki cash to get the engagement ring, and Inaki pocketed the cash and paid with a company card?

I think that is called "damning with faint praise".
I did say more reliable though. ;)
Nowadays, it's hard to find a newspaper, digital or printed, that can be trusted to verify its sources and post accurate information.

I did say more reliable though. ;)
Nowadays, it's hard to find a newspaper, digital or printed, that can be trusted to verify its sources and post accurate information.

At the end of the day none of know exactly what has gone on,in saying that it doesn't stop the media speculating on the goings on between the Asturias and the Palma's.

One thing for sure its not doing the Crown any favours!

And the scandal continues growing :bang:

Diego Torres former partner of Inaki Urdangarin in Noos has delivered new emails to the judge.

In one of them, an employee talks to Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein, who was invited to a forum of Noos in 2004.

Torres implica a Corinna en los Forum de Nos que investiga la justicia | España | elmundo.es

In another, the personal assistant of Iñaki, explains how to manipulate Iñaki´s curriculum, to dissociate him of the creation of a foundation (in which the King's advisor had forbidden him to take part).

El apoderado a Urdangarin:

And the scandal continues growing :bang:

Diego Torres former partner of Inaki Urdangarin in Noos has delivered new emails to the judge.

In one of them, an employee talks to Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein, who was invited to a forum of Noos in 2004.

Torres implica a Corinna en los Forum de Nos que investiga la justicia | España | elmundo.es

In another, the personal assistant of Iñaki, explains how to manipulate Iñaki´s curriculum, to dissociate him of the creation of a foundation (in which the King's advisor had forbidden him to take part).

El apoderado a Urdangarin:

Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein.... that Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein.... ruh-roh.

If Felipe's name is ever mentioned, these people are done.....

Who else hasn´t been involved yet?:whistling:
Corinna...ugh :sick:
The malevolous person in me, however, somehow enjoys the way that the "Corinna-affair" is becoming more and more against the King. And I hope the Queen is smiling malevously as well thinking to herself "Take that" :devil:

Who said that in 2013 the things will calm down?:whistling:

If Felipe's name is ever mentioned, these people are done.....

Agree. If that ever happen, they can go to packagge their belongings and go.
But I doubt it´ll happen. F&L might be breathing deeply and giving thanks for their tense relationship with the Palmas for so many years.

Many think that Iñaki´s bussiness was the cause of their differences. Even if that isn´t true at all, they´re lucky that people is thinking that.

Who else hasn´t been involved yet?:whistling:
Corinna...ugh :sick:
The malevolous person in me, however, somehow enjoys the way that the "Corinna-affair" is becoming more and more against the King. And I hope the Queen is smiling malevously as well thinking to herself "Take that" :devil:

Who said that in 2013 the things will calm down?:whistling:

Agree. If that ever happen, they can go to packagge their belongings and go.
But I doubt it´ll happen. F&L might be breathing deeply and giving thanks for their tense relationship with the Palmas for so many years.

Many think that Iñaki´s bussiness was the cause of their differences. Even if that isn´t true at all, they´re lucky that people is thinking that.

I agree on F&L breathing a sigh of relief on at least the perception of turmoil between themselves and the Palmas.

As for things calming down.....this is the calm before the storm before this trial. I don't know what Spanish media is like, but if we had royalty in the U.S. and we had this exact scenario, our 24 hour media would bombard us with all of this. Every pundit would be weighing in.

Any chance the trial would be televised?

If this Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein person is dragged into this mess then it bodes very badly for His Majesty the King!

:previous: why? all I can read on this forum was that she was invited to a forum.

it is common knowledge, susan alicia, that she is "the other women" in King Juan Carlos's life, so to say. It would hardly be flowers and rainbows for the King if his mistress were mixed up with the scandal of his son-in-law. It might imply that indirectly he was involved as well, or at least he was aware of the whole thing from the start. I doubt him being involved in ANOTHER scandal would help his public image.

:previous: why? all I can read on this forum was that she was invited to a forum.

Yes and that was in 2004. I wonder how many other notable Spaniards were invited to attend a forum over the years. Are they all to be tarred and feathered?

Last edited:
I don't think that the people of Spain will look at it in this light.

Exactly,it will just propel this woman further into the media spotlight and her alleged royal Rumpy Pumpy!

The issue of Swiss accounts and tax avoidance was expected for months.

Spanish Treasury was waiting for data from Switzerland, and now they have received them, and have delivered to the judge the official report. These data demonstrate that there was tax evasion in 2007, so probably Iñaki will be charged for tax evasion. They believe that in the previous 3 years were also tax evasion, but the offense has prescribed.

Royal son-in-law told to “cover his tracks” in corruption probe email

Royal son-in-law told to

:previous: I'm not surprised.

When will this be set for trial?

Any chance a plea deal will be offered? Is that possible in Spain?

it is common knowledge, susan alicia, that she is "the other women" in King Juan Carlos's life, so to say. It would hardly be flowers and rainbows for the King if his mistress were mixed up with the scandal of his son-in-law. It might imply that indirectly he was involved as well, or at least he was aware of the whole thing from the start. I doubt him being involved in ANOTHER scandal would help his public image.

Exactly. The King has been promoting Inaki's business all along and it doesnt come as a surprise that as a result, Corinna can be linked to it. Whether the King knew of Inaki's criminal activities is a matter of opinion but nothing that is being investigated.

Inaki has put his Barcelona house on the market (worth 7 Mio Euros) to cover the requested 8 Mio Euros demanded by the judge to cover possible legal liabilities. The article says that the house was bought for 6 Mio Euros, Inaki & Cristina got a loan from Caixa (where Cristina works) over 5 Mio Euros for 0.5% interest and have only repaid 1.5 Mio so far.

The King refused to help out with money but promised to help finding a buyer.

Urdangarn pone en venta por siete millones su palacete tras negarse el Rey a prestarle dinero

I know that she was the other woman in his life but if someone is guilty of this it does not follow that her presence in a forum makes her and the king guilty of financial crimes. This has to be proven, you can not just assume.

I know that she was the other woman in his life but if someone is guilty of this it does not follow that her presence in a forum makes her and the king guilty of financial crimes. This has to be proven, you can not just assume.

No it doesn't but that's almost not the point. The king will never be investigated, because he is immune. I don't think Corinna will be investigated in and of herself, but a bunch of lawyers are now going to look up and down, inside and out at all of her involvement, even if it was just a coke and a tuna sandwich at one forum. And you'd be surprised, lawyers can turn a coke and a sandwich into hours and hours and hours of exploration and interrogation.

But for the Spanish public themselves, who have to support the idea of monarchy to keep it going, it will be a question of the king's involvement and sometimes innuendo and unexplored matters are enough to turn the tide of public opinion once and for all. The SRF will not get a presumption of innocence in regards to whether monarchy remains in Spain. It may come to the point where he has to prove his innocence with the public.

Unfortunately, it appears that the entire SRF, one way or another, was at least unwittingly involved. Whether it was Inaki who picked up a ring on an errand for Felipe as a favor and whipped out a credit card, or the King sent Corinna over to attend a forum - there are elements of the public who will assume it was much more than this.

GracieGiraffe, are two things that have no relationship and are not comparable.

Prince Felipe asked his sister to pick up the ring, and it was she who delegated in Iñaki because she was sick. We're talking about october /november 2003, although it was true that Iñaki had paid with Noos card, than there is no proof, then Noos had just started (september 2003) and was a clean organization. He could not doubt Iñaki because his business had not started. This is an anecdote.

Corinna's case is very different, this documentation shows that she was a guest on one of the forums organized by Urdangarín in novemver 2004 that are under investigation. Corinna worked for a while with the Laureus Foundation... both were moving in the same business, so the open question is whether the two collaborated most often on business and if the king supported somehow these businesses.

Corinna's case is very different, this documentation shows that she was a guest on one of the forums organized by Urdangarín in novemver 2004 that are under investigation. Corinna worked for a while with the Laureus Foundation... both were moving in the same business, so the open question is whether the two collaborated most often on business and if the king supported somehow these businesses.

We all know that the King has been supported Inaki's business over the years, even when the King realized things went wrong he placed Inaki at Telefonica, using his connections.

I don't think the support itself is outrageous, only a support while knowing of possible criminal activities and there is no proof that this was the case.

Re Corinna, of course the King supported her business too, he showed up at Laureus which was very unlike him at the time, its more of a celebrity event that he usually stays away from, and he promoted Corinna's travel business to the degree that he travelled on various hunting trips himself and had Corinna organize his son's honeymoon itinerary.

This all is no surprise really, the King is the King of behind the scenes networking, connections, pulling some strings and doing some spin. This is what has kept him in power for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom