Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inaki is spot on the clichee of the greedy commoner who milks his royal connections for his own purpose.

I think that times and media have changed. I am dead certain that JC didnt get on the throne and remained there for over 30 years because of his friendly and nice character. Its rather his shrewdness and to say at least shady or dubious business connections or alliances or Old Boys network that brought and kept him there. But, for him there is the ultimate respect for bringing democracy to Spain and back in the days the country had other problems and there wasnt even media around that asked for freedom.

Today, despite being a royal, JC wouldnt get away with many things, as doesnt his son-in-law. Felipe will need his own alliances in order to get and stay on the throne but different ones than his father, because the scrutiny will increase 100%. Felipe will have to rely on media spin and he has been working on it for a long time already.

I think its right that obvious wrongdoing of public people is being investigated and the public expects punishment (look what is going on in Germany at the moment - even the Head of State is being attacked for dishonest and inappropriate behaviour and many people want him to go). I am not sure Cristina will get out of this unscathed.
Google Translate
¿Por qué el juez no imputa a la infanta? | Política | EL PAÍS

So it was Barcelona that he was heading to. That seemed the most logical place, well, it or Madrid.
There had been a little bit of speculation that he might have been heading to London to consult a lawyer.

Thanks for the confirmation, marine2109 :flowers:

Just a little over a month to go,I doubt we'll see much of Cristina & the kids for sometime!

Three scenarios, 1) He was president and should be aware of all activities and if there is a discrepancy should have been sorted immediately
2) Someone means to discredit and cause stress to the Royal Family a lot of that going around
3)Why a job in America? Is he doing a Bill Clinton?

Meanwhile it is ever more obvious that King Juan Carlos’s son-in-law ignored a Royal Household veto on his private business interests in 2006. On the contrary, via Aizoon, a company jointly owned with his wife, Cristina, Urdangarin allegedly continued operations from the US where he moved in 2009.

This latest leak also appears to supports the Public Prosecution Department’s argument that despite King Juan Carlos’s wishes Urdangarin continued, behind the scenes, to look for profits through non-profit making Noos.

Telefonica asked to justify payment made to Iñaki Urdangarin

Well done Telefonica Spain , it was what I expected to.
Now their Money situation UNTIL nowadays will be known.

As per this article,the Duke's aunt in law Infanta Pilar has come to the defence of Don Iñaki Urdangarin, telling a reporter to ‘Shut up! , because nobody is guilty until the judges say so’. She blamed the gossip TV programmes in Spain for having generated all the controversy.

I'd love to have seen the reporters face!

Infanta Cristina - 'We're trying to live a normal life, and you won't let us'

Love how feisty their comments were- wish more royals would put things as bluntly as they did!

She blamed the gossip TV programmes in Spain for having generated all the controversy.

I'm confused. Is Pilar blaming the gossip programmes for being instrumental in Inaki's indictment. ? Surely, this would have happened anyway. ?

I'm confused. Is Pilar blaming the gossip programmes for being instrumental in Inaki's indictment. ? Surely, this would have happened anyway. ?

I think that she means that the gossip media have been stirring up the pot by reporting every day about it, dragging Cristina & the kids into it and as a consequence harming the image of the whole SRF.

I guess the Infanta should have kept quiet and declined to comment instead of giving this statement.

Without the media coverage, as much as over the top or polemic it can be, a lot of things would be swept under the carpet, especially regarding the famous and the wealthy.

See in Germany, the Head of State resigned and he still blames the media for investigating instead of asking himself what he did wrong.

I think that she means that the gossip media have been stirring up the pot by reporting every day about it, dragging Cristina & the kids into it and as a consequence harming the image of the whole SRF.

I guess the Infanta should have kept quiet and declined to comment instead of giving this statement.

Yes, of course. Thanks, Duke. ! :flowers:

I agree with you about Pilar keeping quiet. I would have expected her to give them a withering look or else look through them.

I think she was just letting off steam,I can imagine that she's sick & tired of being asked the same questions over & over about the Duke of Palma. I still would love to have seen HRH telling that reporter to 'shut up' :D

Since the investigation is here in the USA, I took Pilar's comments as reference to the fundamental "innocent until proven guilty" model of our justice system, just my thoughts on the quote!

Will Infanta Christina join her husband on the hearing on Friday?
BYe Bine

Its getting very close to the court date,I wonder if Don Inaki is back in Spain?

I think she was just letting off steam,I can imagine that she's sick & tired of being asked the same questions over & over about the Duke of Palma. I still would love to have seen HRH telling that reporter to 'shut up' :D

Has the reporter been seen since or is he still recovering. ? :lol:

More seriously, how long is this investigation expected to take. ?

In my belgian newspaper it s written ? that Inaki has to go walking like a normal Citizen to the Judge ’s Office ?

I think most of SRF members must think Infanta Pilar should "shut up" sometimes... Her comments don't help a lot...
And, about blaming the gossip programs for Iñaki's situation it's not fair, really. Of course, these programs are hateful and terrible treating the information but also the serious media have spread the whole situation and I do not blame them.
About Spanish justice... I would like to think be are all equal for the law, but there's people in jail for less than what Iñaki is supposed to have done... And I have no doubt that his punishment will be these last three or four months, that probably have been a hell for him... I do not think the judge is going to condemn him (a penalty, at most). And most of people will say it's because he's not guilty but most of us will think it's because who he is...

In my belgian newspaper it s written ? that Inaki has to go walking like a normal Citizen to the Judge ’s Office ?

I do not understand... I think it's normal if he arrives to the Judge's Office like any other citizen. This would be the only thing in which he will be an equal, so... (well, I hope, probably they will find the way to spare him the humiliation...)

I do not understand... I think it's normal if he arrives to the Judge's Office like any other citizen. This would be the only thing in which he will be an equal, so... (well, I hope, probably they will find the way to spare him the humiliation...)

Obviously he is not that equal ...

Amid fevered speculation that the duke will receive special treatment because of his royal connections, the investigating magistrate last week accepted a petition that his statement be heard behind closed doors and without the usual procedure of video recording the session.
He may also be allowed to be driven into the court building to avoid walking past the scores of press expected to gather for the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom