The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
Or somebody forbidding the Infanta to bring her children over for Christmas.What crime are Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene accused of?
If they do not travel to Spain it is to protect them. In Washington they are removed from everything what happens, do not have access to the information, the children or the friends of the school do not say anything to them, the press does not chase them for the street and they are removed from inconvinient situations. To bring these children to Spain now would be terrible for them, because the information and the reactions of the people are uncontrollable.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Inaki Urdangarin, indicted for alleged irregularities Nóos Institute
Iñaki Urdangarín, imputado por supuestas irregularidades en el Instituto Nóos

Google Google Translate

Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish duke Inaki Urdangarin to appear before judge

BBC News - Spanish duke Inaki Urdangarin to appear before judge
Old 12-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Spanish duke Inaki Urdangarin to appear before judge

BBC News - Spanish duke Inaki Urdangarin to appear before judge
I've just read this... The situation is turning nasty...
Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Inaki Urdangarin Lawyer Talks To Press In Barcelona - December 29, 2011
Getty Images - Search: ESP: Inaki Urdangarin Lawyer Talks To Press In Barcelona - December 29, 2011#
Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
I've just read this... The situation is turning nasty...
I read it yesterday too, and yes, it it getting ugly! I fear it will only get worse in the coming months-
Old 12-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
I read it yesterday too, and yes, it it getting ugly! I fear it will only get worse in the coming months-
Not a good start to 2012 for the House of Borbón
Old 12-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke summoned to testify in Spain corruption case

The Associated Press: Spain king's son-in-law subpoenaed in graft probe
Old 12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Iñaki Urdangarin charged with misuse of public funds

I wonder how long it will take until Telefonica will freeze Inakis contract in Washington.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Please stick to the facts,any speculative posts will be deleted.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Inaki's former business investigated in a corruption case

Infanta Christina knew all about that wrongdoing with money. She is guilty too and should be aware that what he was doing was against the honor of her Royal House.
I don’t think she will divorce because she loves him.
I am not against royals marrying commoners but is this is the result of , it is SAD.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
We dont know how the true relations are. Queen Sofia went to Washington and had her picture taken with Inaki but that doesnt mean she is still on good terms with him. Not only by now, the cards will be on the table and the family will know about Inakis guilt, otherwise the reaction of the King would have been less harsh (eg a statement that one is innocent until proven guilty).

Sofia is an actress, she wants the family to look united for the greater good. The only time I find Sofia genuine is around her grandchildren but not around any adults of her family. I am sure the united smiley family front this summer was put up for the very same reason, because of the Inaki scandal to come and no rift can be shown among the family in public.

But honestly, if my brother in law was a proven cheat - misusing public money as member of the SRF is quite low - (and because of the reaction of the King and the consequent charges I assume he is, otherwise the reactions would have been different) I would not want to sit with him on one table.

Maybe its all for the childrens' sake but I dont believe a second that the adults are honestly on good terms. They cant be, or all of them dont mind the wrongdoing and are only angry that he got caught. Just my opinion.

I think you're right in many things! But I think that Queen Sofia has gone to Washington to comfort her daughter and spend some time with her grandchildren! Which good mother wouldn't do that! Probably, in private, she has spoken with her daughter and she's really angry because Iñaki put in danger what the King and her constructed for many years.
I really agree with you in one thing: Queen Sofia is the best "professional" Royal worlwide (what you call a good actress). Always immaculate doing her job: standing there through all kind of rumours, scandals. I think she is the most professional in the SRF, even more than the King...
Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Infanta Christina knew all about that wrongdoing with money. She is guilty too and should be aware that what he was doing was against the honor of her Royal House.
I don’t think she will divorce because she loves him.
I am not against royals marrying commoners but is this is the result of , it is SAD.
I also agree with you... I always talk about Iñaki but sadly, I think Cristina was no angel in this situation. She was one of the partners of the company they used to send money from Spain to Belize in order to evade taxes so... If it had been me, probably the judge would call me to declare, just to declare, maybe not accused, but as it has been the King's daughter she will spare that shame... Anyway, I always thought she was clever and if your husband's wealth is multiplicated that way through the years you have to realize, it's obvious...
I think they won't divorce now, of couse, but I don't know in one or two years... I don't think the problem was marrying a commoner, I think the problem was marrying a greedy one. He could have lived as a prince for the rest of his life and his greed has brought him to this...
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Inaki hearing postponed from Feb 6th to Feb 25th
AFP: Spain puts off corruption hearing of king's son-in-law
Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
El juez aplaza hasta el 25 de febrero la declaración de Iñaki Urdangarin
El juez aplaza hasta el 25 de febrero la declaración de Iñaki Urdangarin

Google Google Translate
Old 01-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really can't wait !
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

King's son-in-law used royal residence to strike contracts

King's son-in-law used royal residence to strike contracts · ELPAÍS.com in English
Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:

King's son-in-law used royal residence to strike contracts · ELPAÍS.com in English
I agree that things don't look great for Inaki but the contracts or discussion about them had to be carried out somewhere. It is possible that all parties involved were only available at a certain time, that being the holiday season when Inaki and family spent their vacation in the royal residence in Mallorca. ?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

You couldnt make it up, what was he thinking???

Of course Noos did have any premises?

Its so ridiculous, I wouldnt be surprised if Inaki did a guided tour after signing the generous contract, showing off his royal environment

How was he able to decive his in-laws for such a long time? I have no doubt that the SRF enjoy their share of luxury behind closed doors, but at least they do it in a discreet way because they are intelligent enough to know about the consequences of showing off.
Inaki is the male version of a gold digger whose head got too big, no doubt about that.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Unbelievable! I think Iñaki always enjoyed being in the spotlight... While Marichalar always seemed to be uncomfortable, Iñaki seemed to enjoy very much amongst the Royals...

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal