The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2014, 03:49 AM
Courtier

Even here in the Netherlands the Cristina-story is on the news.
All papers, websites and the radio and television have it as headnews

Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Spanish royal household expresses 'maximum respect for judicial decisions' after Infanta Cristina is summoned over fraud case
Spanish royal household expresses 'maximum respect for judicial decisions' after Infanta Cristina is summoned over fraud - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
Princess Cristina to testify in the case of tax fraud
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...-om-skattesvig

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...tesvig&act=url

Quote:
The Infanta Cristina,
charged for money laundering

The daughter of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain has been subpoenaed to testify for alleged crimes of tax evasion and money laundering related Nóos controversial case.
http://www.quien.com/moda/2014/01/07...o-de-capitales

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...itales&act=url

Quote:
Miquel Roca appeal the imputation of Infanta Cristina for tax fraud and money laundering
Miquel Roca "absolutely and fully persuaded" his client's innocence and insists that you lack the foundation argued reasons.
http://www.bekia.es/realeza/noticias...scal-blanqueo/

https://translate.googleusercontent....sKXOSsXeCkNKvg

Quote:
ROYAL SCANDAL IN SPAIN
THE INFANTA CRISTINA CHARGED
http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog...nculpee-543128

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...543128&act=url

Old 01-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Courtier

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE RENAMED.....

"Inaki and Christina's Corruption Scandal"..
Old 01-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post

my thoughts exactly. i have suggested this before, but since it wasn't official and she was not charged, it wasn't changed (even though a thread was created before iñaki got charged himself but never mind... as soon as there were suspicions on her being involved, the name should have been changed in my opinion). but i am happy with the outcome of this case, and happy she's charged. it would have otherwise been a joke to the spanish people if she weren't.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness

Allow due process of the law to take place and investigate further.We have no idea if any crime was committed at all. However let me just say sometimes we are trigger happy just like a few years ago that ridiculous deal to re- open the case on Juan carlos brother's accidental death investigation.The reverse Napoleonic code does not apply here unless this is Les Miserables again. They are innocent until the court says otherwise.If and I qualify all this they did anything like this I have faith that due process will take place and it will be clarified.
Queen Sofia,King Juan Carlos Irene king Constantine and others have in their lives been above and beyond reproach so I have to wonder how if no pattern is there this could happen if at all. Due process.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post

And it has
Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Cristina made the front page of yesterday's Irish Times 'Spanish Princess charged with corruption' with a full page dedicated to the 'beleaguered Borbóns'.Its very rare that royals make the front of the normally very pro republican Irish press,unless one of Windsors or Grimaldi's are paying a visit.

I think the last time a Spanish Royal made it there was when Juan Carlos & Sofia were on a State Visit here in 1986!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Bekia

Miquel Roca recurrirá la imputación de la Infanta Cristina por delito fiscal y blanqueo de capitales - Bekia
Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Royal Highness

Spanish Princess charged with Tax Fraud | Royalty in the News

Quote:
Princess Cristina is forced to testify in court
http://svenskdam.se/2014/01/prinsess...infor-domstol/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...tol%2F&act=url
Old 01-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Courtier

In Spain a lot of people believe that Cristina is the brains and her husband a complice in this corruption scandal
Old 01-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
In Spain a lot of people believe that Cristina is the brains and her husband a complice in this corruption scandal
Can you provide links to back up your claims please!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

I do not think anyone thinks that.

The real brains in this story was Torres, he was the one with business and economic knowledge, and who had been his teacher in a business school. His wife and brother in law were also very active in the business. He created the origin of Noos and then Urdangarín joined as "face" of the project.

Another thing is that Cristina were accustomed to a lifestyle she wanted to keep, and for that she needed money. Iñaki got used to that life, to end his career as an athlete his ego needed something to shine and earn money and Torres offered the way to get it easily.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Please note that speculative posts will be deleted,please stick to facts!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Another thing is that Cristina were accustomed to a lifestyle she wanted to keep, and for that she needed money. Iñaki got used to that life, to end his career as an athlete his ego needed something to shine and earn money and Torres offered the way to get it easily.
I think that this whole thing was pursued by Inaki because he wanted to be 'somebody' and show that he could provide for his family on his own. Its an EGO thing. In fact, Inaki had never provided for his family before Noos, because whatever lifestyle the family had, it was certainly not financed by Inaki, the Handballer.

Its likely that he was subject to some pressure to change that, as the King had offered him the Laureus job with a yearly income of 200.000 Euros, that he turned down. He was stupid and arrogant enough to think he could make a lot more money on his own with his own brains.

Even if the 200.000 Euros would not have been enough, the Kings would have stepped in, pay for the children etc or provide Cristina with another 'job'. But that wasnt the way Inaki wanted things to be, he wanted to show the royals how good he is on his own (of course by using his SIL position to his advantage).
Old 01-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
I do not think anyone thinks that.

The real brains in this story was Torres.

Cristina was accustomed to a lifestyle she wanted to keep, and for that she needed money. Iñaki got used to that life, to end his career as an athlete his ego needed something to shine and earn money and Torres offered the way to get it easily.
You honestly feel that bad Torres took innocent, loving, sweet Cristina and Inaki and turned them into law breakers? I can't go for that. The greed and self-centered personality had to already be in them. Even though Cristina is not charged with anything yet [only forced to answer questions under oath before court] there HAS to be something in papers or emails that the court finds a bit tainted. Questions must be answered about things they found. I personally feel that Cristina has a stronger personality than Inaki and she felt with her high class life as a Royal, no one should ever question her. Her personality is rather close to her father -- who although did great things for Spain -- has a self-centered and extremely indulgent private life which sometimes is quite vile against his wife.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Can you provide links to back up your claims please!
Two years ago I was in Madrid to visit my daughter who was studying there.
She took me to a party with a lot of students.
I was astonished about the very negative reactions not only on Inaki but more towards Cristina.
I heard that that opinion was widely spread in the student world.
And that was two years ago before the imputation.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

To create Noos and do what they did, they must have economic, legal and tax knowledge that Iñaki and Cristina did no have. They saw easy money and took advantage, but the real brain, true counselors were Torres and Tejeiro, because that was their profession. They all were too ambitious and unintelligent.

For example, declaring personal expenses as business expenses has been a relatively common practice among many famous people ... because for a time there was a loophole that many tax advisors used. Now many people are paying fines of thousands of euros for use that route.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Infanta Cristina meets with her lawyers to prepare her defense

Hola

La infanta Cristina se reúne con sus abogados para preparar su defensa
Old 01-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Courtier

Cristina is widely seen as having a strong personality, who wanted to live according to her royal status.
Inaki is seen as the not so bright guy who tried to fullfill his wife's wishes
Old 01-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Being the son in law of the king, Urdangarín could have won a lot of money easily and legally (as Jaime de Marichalar). But his ego, ambition and evil counselors made ​​him make many mistakes.

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal