The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Don't feel bad rominet09, I used to like him too. I thought he was so handsome, and that he and Cristina were a perfect couple.

Lovely on the outside, rotten on the inside. All that glitters isn't gold.
Exactly..After all we are mere mortals..get carried away by superficiality, how much ever we resist..We can atleast be careful in our real/personal lives, but when it comes to celebs we just get carried away, cos just dont know them at all..wat we see is just a side of them beautifully polished and projected..

Old 11-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh yes you are right, the fairytale was too beautiful, the deserving young man marrying a King's daughter, getting beautiful children....

Old 11-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Would we really want to do that to the pigs though? They're fine animals and give us a lot.

Osipi,
How very true your comment is and I am sorry for the reference about *pigs*. I love all animals except snakes and I don't believe in eating a mother that nurses or gives birth to children as all animals do, not a meat eater at all. I have lots of respect for the 4 legged animal kingdom, not so much for the 2 legged animal kingdom though.

I also was fooled by Inaki's character, and I am of the firm belief that no one is prefect in this world only my higher power is, so the world knows all about JC and his sheinagines (sp?), I hope you know what I mean as my spell checker won't work right now (why?) and he is not a man in my eyes as are some other men in his position. I do believe that PF/PL don't have spotless lives yet they really seem to be above board on many of life's issues and are decent people. Spain<if the throne survives, will be better off with them in charge and I see no reason for PF to keep his sister and her crooked husband in the family. PF wants peace but will he put his sister and her husband first above the people of Spain when he becomes king? I would not and have not keep peace with people that have done damage to me regardless of whether they are family or not, I am not in his position yet we all must do what is best to survive in our lives and his life is on the front page of all the world. If Inaki does not go to jail which I doubt he does, then let him be banish from the royal family along with his wife for all times. Stay in Switzerland or wherever just don't come to Spain and steal the crown jewels.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

We can all be easily fooled on a person's character when they have a PR staff promoting an image.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

GREAT point GG!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

A Portuguese magazine is now saying that Infanta Cristina has been a sort of "tax shield" for her husband. Like other members of the royal family, the daughter of the kings of Spain enjoys the status of a 'black hole' in Finance, getting free of tax inspections.It was for this reason that the Infanta became owner of Aizoon in order to protect the company from any tax audits, since the goal was to empty the coffers of the Noos Institute (non-profit), by issuing false invoices and diversion of thousands of euros of public fun. The proof that there is this 'black hole', which leaves some margin figures to scrutiny, is that the Infanta Cristina increased to 13 the number of properties owned by it without ever being called to give explanations , as would any other taxpayer. In LUX Magazine.
I really think from the beginning that she is involved in some way with all of this..it's her husband..and it has already been proven that he is guilty...so has he done all of that in Cristina back?? I don't think so for a minute...
Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

All this is so shame and sadness if it is true. I wish it wasn't, i did not follow enough to have an opinion, but Inaki and Christina are such a beautiful family.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Please refrain from making speculative comments regarding the Infanta Cristina,all such comments will be deleted.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Prosecution opposes the imputation of the Infanta Cristina in the case Nóos

La Fiscalía se opone a la imputación de la infanta Cristina en el caso N&oac | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 11-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
These are crude jokes but lots of people laugh about such jokes, especially men (from all classes). I've seen a million of such 'lad jokes' on facebook and there is nothing wrong with it, unless you belong to a royal family and the subjects of those jokes are your own family members. In general I would say that everybody would be embarrassed in some kind of way if private emails were made public for others to read, especially over a long time period.

In a way you are right that these emails fall under the "lad jokes" label.

But very few men make these kind of jokes about their own family members.

And in my experience, especially vis-a-vis women, men make these kind of jokes when they feel threatened or insecure. That is when misogyny rises to the surface in order to reduce the powerful female to her most basic body parts/sexual function.

Inaki, in choosing to make fun of Letizia in this manner, betrayed his own inadequacies and insecurities, rather than Letizia's.

Finally I find this whole scenario very illuminating.
On one hand some of us have been unable to get past Letizia's "Let me finish" remark during her engagement.
10 years have gone by and we still rake her over the coals for that....we still extrapolate to nth degree and label her as attention seeking, wanting to overshadow Felipe, not knowing how to be princess etc...when all her actions since her engagement have been anything but. Same goes for her sisters. One only has to look at what Telma had to go through when she came back to Spain to have a baby.

On the other hand, we have been able to laugh off, brush off, ignore many more significant transgressions by Cristina and Inaki. This email being the latest example. Inaki has fallen off the pedestal only when things got really serious with the Noos case.

Even knowing all this, we still find Letizia at fault when there is some distance between Cristina and Letizia at a family gathering.

My post is not intended to be Inaki vs Letizia. But more about how we differently we have reacted to them.

PS: My heart goes out to posters who fell for Cristina and Inaki's "golden couple" image. These revelations must have been painful. I would hate it if their was a similar dichotomy between the "marketed image" and "real image" of Letizia and Felipe.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Spain prosecutor opposes indicting king's daughter

AFP: Spain prosecutor opposes indicting king&#39;s daughter
Old 11-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

AFP: Spain prosecutor opposes indicting king's daughter
Hum, hum, hum...
Old 11-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

Whoa....I am surprised....NOT!!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Originally Posted by lula

Is this a surprise, of course not, she is a king's daughter and will get away with anything that comes her way. After all she is *royal* and this is only because it was an accident of birth, not because she deserves to be royal. Just what does the word *royal* mean and does it have any responsibilities with it when in that position? This is disturbing.........I don't care who you are in life, nobody is better then the next person. *Respect is not a given in life because a person has money, position, power or title, Respect is given ONLY by how you treat other people*. Sugar sometimes turns sour!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

this morning newspaper el mundo reported that iñaki and torres were trying to pact with the judge a reduction of the time they would be in prison for. inaki was quoted as supposedly saying he proposed to the judge a 2 year stay in prison at most, while torres had proposed 4 years with the condition his wife is not imputed at all. a normal sentence for this sort of crime is approximately 15 years of prison.

the article is not available anymore, although la voz de galicia now denies such pact in this article.

La Fiscalía niega que Urdangarin le plantease un pacto para eludir la cárcel

this article quotes urdangarin's lawyer saying he would "never" go into prison.

El abogado de Urdangarn: "Nunca entrar en la crcel" - Libertad Digital
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-20-2013, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From bekia

El Fiscal General del Estado desmiente la existencia de un pacto con Iñaki Urdangarín para evitar la cárcel - Bekia
Old 11-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would be very strange indeed if you could negocitate your time in prison, whoever you are !!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
It would be very strange indeed if you could negocitate your time in prison, whoever you are !!!!
not at all. especially offenses like money laundering, tax offences etc (of course within certain boundaries) you can do a deal with the authorities if you open up and pay back. imo this is business as usual in many countries. for example in germany it was possible for a long time to defo avoid prison if you denounce yourself and pay the money back.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Spain prosecutor denies favouritism given to King Juan Carlos's daughter Cristina | News.com.au
Old 11-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

more on this:

this article from el mundo says that cristina paid, with aizoon money, for:
- the sushi for her own birthday party
- birthday decorations with baloons for the birthdays of her kids
- a coaching course for her.

this other article from diarioinformation also reports she paid for wine for them and meals for their security staff, a trip to rome, harry potter books, a three-day stay in the hotel "hotel de Cuquerella", a safari for inaki and cristina in mozambique and in south africa (staying at Guests Pestana Kruger Lodge), and several meals during their trips... all with public money.

i hope it's only a matter of time until they convict her also.

La polica revela que la Infanta pag con dinero pblico el sushi para su cumpleaos | Baleares | EL MUNDO
http://www.diarioinformacion.com/not...-cristina.html
http://www.elperiodico.com/es/notici...istina-2749727

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal