Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Inaki have to give up his passport? It's a bit much at this stage, isn't it.

Why would Inaki have to give up his passport? It's a bit much at this stage, isn't it.

In the U.S surrendering passport is often a condition of bail in a criminal matter once a person is indicted. Not sure what the procedures in Spain are, but it makes sense if the person is considered a "flight risk." I suppose Inaki is not so considered.

Spanish princess cleared of suspicion in corruption probe - latimes.com

its a lose-lose situation for the SRF. some will say fair enough, there wasnt enough evidence, others will say, there wasnt enough evidence only because Cristina is the king's daughter. i am sure she knew but to prove it in court is a different matter.

:previous: Spot on.

Cristina is in a similar position to Amanda Knox - this will hang over her head for the rest of her life. P.S. only bringing up Knox as a comparison - I've no intention of going off topic and debating that mess. My point is that Cristina has been convicted in the court of public opinion. Period. End of story.

Quite right DOM and Gracie, she will have this attached to her for a very long time, if not the rest of her life. Can't say that the first thought that popped into my head wasn't, "well she is the King's daughter, why would they put her on trial". The best thing that they could do when this is all over is move out of Spain for a while, maybe until the children are grown and out of the house.

Quite right DOM and Gracie, she will have this attached to her for a very long time, if not the rest of her life. Can't say that the first thought that popped into my head wasn't, "well she is the King's daughter, why would they put her on trial". The best thing that they could do when this is all over is move out of Spain for a while, maybe until the children are grown and out of the house.

I agree princess gertrude I can see Cristina and the family moving away again.

Last edited:
Finally Spain proved to be as bad as India when it comes to corruption..
If you are influential enough, there is never enough evidence..
We Indians wrongly blame our own jury as the only one that gets manipulated by the rich and powerful..No There are many such even in the "developed" world..and so nothing to be quite ashamed of..

Last edited:
:previous: Spot on.

Cristina is in a similar position to Amanda Knox - this will hang over her head for the rest of her life. P.S. only bringing up Knox as a comparison - I've no intention of going off topic and debating that mess. My point is that Cristina has been convicted in the court of public opinion. Period. End of story.

So true, and I feel so sorry for their children having to live with the aftereffects of this mess.

I'm not sure how to view this. ? Or more so, how will the Spanish Royal Family view it. ?

How the wind changes for the Palma's,good news for Cristina and bad news for Inaki ,I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next.

:previous: That's not surprising. What I marvel at is the judge did not want to see this before - the wheels of justice turn slowly in Spain.

After Cristina was cleared of suspicion in her husband's case and her subpoena dropped, the royal couple filed an appeal to block any further scrutiny of her tax filings. But Judge José Castro said Thursday the documents will remain in the court's possession for further examination, possibly for evidence of tax fraud or other financial crimes.
Judge clears way for fresh investigation of Spanish princess - latimes.com

Iaki Urdangarin solicita un euro de indemnizacin a siete medios por hablar de sus correos ntimos

Iñaki Urdangarin has decided to stand up to the press and has filed a joint lawsuit against seven media for what he considers a "trespass in their personal and family privacy" after the disclosure of various information in relation to private emails sent between him and his former partner Diego Torres. It is exposed in a lawsuit filed in the courts of Barcelona on May 9, 2013.

Urdangarin's lawyers understand that, in line with the news of the charge of the Duke of Palma, have been aerated aspects concerning their sex life and his alleged infidelities, which have nothing to do with the 'case Nóos', thus taunting the press that has been serving Diego Torres, who Urdangarin also included in the demand.

Honestly, the press is stirring the pot. Apparently, it's justice, but practically nothing has been proven of that. Infanta Cristina thoroughly proved herself of her innocence, as well as her husband. José Castro is digging himself into a horrible hole that he's unlikely to get out of- but then again, his last name is Castro. In the end, eventually nobody wins and the court case is eventually useless. The Press is nosy and accusations above accusations are brought up by specifically, them. The family's approval from the public is slowly dropping, and it's a shame. People need to mind their own business and double check their facts before they deliver them.

:previous: Dear King Felipe, Your Majesty is too zealous in defending your dear Infanta.
1. She never proved her innocence. Just influenced the defense to thwart the court summons.
2. Not apparently, but really, its justice.
3.The business of public and media is to monitor the black sheep in their RFs..And they are minding it..
4.Instead of appreciating the Judge for his bold initiatives, you are criticising him and telling him off..

Dear my gracious Vkrish.
1. My dear Infanta Cristina gave TEN years of valid records of her tax statistics, but the Judge CONTINUES to hold them making sure there wasn't any "tax fraud" involved or any crimes.
2. And Justice? Justice is serving a criminal what they had coming, it has been proven she AND her husband have done nothing done! The evidence has been given to the judge ON record.
3. And Public and Media sure doesn't need to twist words around, or produce lies to get sales off their magazines and views off their shows. The Royal Family is a cultural influence of Spain, not a criminal one.
4. Last but not least, the Judge. His BOLD initiatives? He accuses "my" dear Infanta of tax crimes even when she gave all proof necessary to the specific crime she's being accused of.

Let's be honest, this case isn't getting anywhere.

one euro? what's the point? what does he want to prove? they will pay it and move forwards, and the press won't even report it.

Dear my gracious Vkrish.
1. My dear Infanta Cristina gave TEN years of valid records of her tax statistics, but the Judge CONTINUES to hold them making sure there wasn't any "tax fraud" involved or any crimes.

her ten years of records demonstrated how her revenues increased by 300% within a year (2008-2009). given that her allowance as a member of the SRF was most likely unchanged (particularly given that 2008 was the year of a world economic crisis), i wonder (and i bet the judge does also) where that difference came from. providing documents is fine, but it is not all. may i remind you that inaki is judged because of illicitly getting money for services that he never accomplished. that is also punishable by law.

Apparently, it's justice, but practically nothing has been proven of that. Infanta Cristina thoroughly proved herself of her innocence, as well as her husband.

how can you say that inaki's innocence was proven? in fact, to me, it looks like quite the opposite. he knows where he stands, and so does the whole spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom