Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He cannot avoid prosecution by running away to Qatar. If the judge thinks he should be prosecuted, then he will need to attend court, regardless of this job offer. Any other course will have the public saying that JC has pulled strings to save members of his family...
If Inaki leaves the country, he will do so with permission from the court system and will return to Spain as need be.

In Qatar, Inaki would work for handball coach Valero Rivera, who was Inaki's coach at FC Barcelona for 15 years. Rivera has supported Inaki throughout his ordeal. So the job with Qatar's national team is legit and was offered based on Inaki's skills as an outstanding handball player and his working relationship with Rivera. Qatar has been awarded the rights to host the World Men’s Handball Championship to be held in 2015.

Last edited:
I have been reading this thread for some time but without really commenting. I just find the whole thing so sad. Inaki and Cristina were one of my favourite royal couples with their four adorable children. Now its the opposite.

Well, you are not the only one to think so.
A lot of people in Spain are convinced that the job offer is the first step to a divorce.
Apparently the relation between the infanta and her husband is irreparably damaged.
Not only because of their corruption problems but also because of marital problems.
Insiders knew already for a long time that the couple had problems with faithfullness.
Now that Andrew Morton's book about the spanish ladies made things public I can imagine what will happen next.

I certainly wouldn't believe everything one reads especially when penned by Andrew Morton of all people!

I have been reading this thread for some time but without really commenting. I just find the whole thing so sad. Inaki and Cristina were one of my favourite royal couples with their four adorable children. Now its the opposite.

How true crm2317, and how I agree with you,Cristina and Inaki were my golden royal couple and how that image has now changed of them given all thats gone one. I feel desperately sorry for the Palma children in this great stinking mess!

Qatar is a difficult country in which to live. It's simply a place where foreigners come to make money, nothing else. It's not for the lifestyle. I would be surprised if Cristina and the four children are moving anytime soon, unless they can get places in a good school there - I'm not sure that's an easy thing to do.

But with these infidelity allegations, I too wonder if this is the beginning of the break. No divorce during the trial, but afterwards it will happen quietly.

I cant believe people are suggesting divorce as a way out of this mess..
That is the most inhuman thing she can do..And I dont think it will do any good to her or the Royal Family..

That is the most inhuman thing she can do..And I dont think it will do any good to her or the Royal Family..

I'm not suggesting divorce as a way out of this mess at all. I'm afraid that this (or any relationship) can not survive the pressure and stress of this situation. I'm afraid at the end of this, the relationship will be over as well as the public credibility of both Inaki and Cristina.

If you mean me, you are misreading my posts. :flowers:

I'm not giving Cristina advice, I am merely predicting what she will do. And I don't think anyone thinks a divorce would solve the SRF's problems.

If you mean me, you are misreading my posts. :flowers:

I'm not giving Cristina advice, I am merely predicting what she will do. And I don't think anyone thinks a divorce would solve the SRF's problems.

Ok I misread that particular part. Thanks for clarifying.. And BTW I loved your "instant-twin-response" from you both..:flowers:

No worries! If we fans get muddled, confused and miscommunicate in the mess of what's going on in this whole situation (and the whole family), I can only imagine how horrible it is for those actually living it.

Divorce is not a solution for the SRF problems
Divorce can be a solution for couples with infidelity issues

No worries! If we fans get muddled, confused and miscommunicate in the mess of what's going on in this whole situation (and the whole family), I can only imagine how horrible it is for those actually living it.

If this summer's comings and going of the SRF in Mallorca are any indication, it must be incredible behind closed doors.

Ok people lets move on from divorce speculating until we have something concrete to discuss other than tabloid gossip!

Also thanks to everyone for keep this a most cordial discussion area :flowers:

Qatar is a difficult country in which to live. It's simply a place where foreigners come to make money, nothing else. It's not for the lifestyle. I would be surprised if Cristina and the four children are moving anytime soon, unless they can get places in a good school there - I'm not sure that's an easy thing to do.

One of the advantage of the family moving to Qatar is that the press could be kept at bay. Laws controlling the paparazzi are supposedly very tight there.

Doesn't it seem VERY convenient that a job offer from Qatar has arrived, of all times, now?

:previous:Of course..VERY VERY convenient..A luxurious convenience perfectly timed..
At a perfect timing..
But lets face it..The Casa Real cant just sit tight waiting for things to happen..Even you and I wont do that if we were the King.
They would have worked quite a few strategies..
Many more "conveniences" and "inconveniences" and "coincidences" are yet to occur..

Am I correct in saying that it is only a job offer at the moment and that Inaki hasn't actually accepted it yet? It seems like convenient timing, but more to the point I think it shows that Inaki has support from some quarters and such a job will help in redeeming him so to speak. Whatever the truth is about this sordid state of affairs, it seems that Inaki and Cristina must keep a low profile for a time, work hard to redeem themselves and above all concentrate their efforts on bringing up their children.

Corruption in this family seems to be getting deeper and deeper. This whole scandal is getting stinkier and stinkier. I think it's time I go back to reading just the Fashion forum here!

Am I correct in saying that it is only a job offer at the moment and that Inaki hasn't actually accepted it yet? It seems like convenient timing, but more to the point I think it shows that Inaki has support from some quarters and such a job will help in redeeming him so to speak.

The job offer is contingent on Inaki's former coach, Valero Rivera, accepting the position of head coach for the Qatar national handball team. Urdangarin is expected to travel to Doha in the coming days to negotiate his contract. Rivera "has always defended Urdangarin from the accusations he faces, describing him as a "great friend” and criticizing the media for “condemning him before he is put on trial.""

Last edited:
Corruption in this family seems to be getting deeper and deeper. This whole scandal is getting stinkier and stinkier. I think it's time I go back to reading just the Fashion forum here!

But Shelo- the fashion forums can be brutal!

Doesn't it seem VERY convenient that a job offer from Qatar has arrived, of all times, now?

Valero Rivera has been offered 800,000 Euro as head coach of the Qatar national handball team, yet is leaving his job as coach of the Spanish team with regrets. Some feel that Valero Rivera is accompanying Urdangarin to Qatar, not vice versa. According to La Vanguardia, Urdangarin will be part of the coaching team of Valero Rivera.

However, TV3 says the Duke of Palma will work in organizing the 2015 World Men's Handball Championship to be held in Qatar and will be hired directly by the government of the emirate. Perhaps the Emir of Qatar, the absolute monarch of the country, is doing the Duke of Palma a favor which is not unreasonable given the good relationship that he has with King Juan Carlos I.

Last edited:
would it change anything in his situation ?

would it change anything in his situation ?

Not sure,but I'm sure the salary will come in handy and with him out of the country it might take some of the media pressure off his kids.

A friend just emailed me this article which denies the King had any influence on the job offer from Qatar. I don't know if this is a credible source but it's another interesting twist.

Royal Household denies king

Not sure,but I'm sure the salary will come in handy and with him out of the country it might take some of the media pressure off his kids.

Well, the salary will come in handy for what must be simply massive legal bills for both himself and Cristina. I would assume that the salary can also be garnished to help pay that bond he was require to post, but did not.

A friend just emailed me this article which denies the King had any influence on the job offer from Qatar. I don't know if this is a credible source but it's another interesting twist.

Royal Household denies king

Come on, what else do you expect them to say..
And I dont get whats the big "twist" in that..

Come on, what else do you expect them to say..
And I dont get whats the big "twist" in that..

I meant twist in the sense that everything in this whole saga seems manipulated and twisted.

Come on Shelo, you have to read between the lines.
You cannot expect the Casa Real to say "HM has graciously arranged for Inaki to be rehabilitated with Qatar team" right..They will obviously say Rf doesnt have anything to do with it.
And BTW I dont think there is anything which will make you feel manipulated or cheated.
Just his job was arranged. Nothing more, right..
His judicial process will go on regularly as per procedure. And he will face the judgement and consequences, whatever they may be.
Afterall, this is not some murder where you cant let loose the accused till he is completely acquitted..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom