The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Inaki is spot on the clichee of the greedy commoner who milks his royal connections for his own purpose.

I think that times and media have changed. I am dead certain that JC didnt get on the throne and remained there for over 30 years because of his friendly and nice character. Its rather his shrewdness and to say at least shady or dubious business connections or alliances or Old Boys network that brought and kept him there. But, for him there is the ultimate respect for bringing democracy to Spain and back in the days the country had other problems and there wasnt even media around that asked for freedom.

Today, despite being a royal, JC wouldnt get away with many things, as doesnt his son-in-law. Felipe will need his own alliances in order to get and stay on the throne but different ones than his father, because the scrutiny will increase 100%. Felipe will have to rely on media spin and he has been working on it for a long time already.

I think its right that obvious wrongdoing of public people is being investigated and the public expects punishment (look what is going on in Germany at the moment - even the Head of State is being attacked for dishonest and inappropriate behaviour and many people want him to go). I am not sure Cristina will get out of this unscathed.
Google Translate
¿Por qué el juez no imputa a la infanta? | Política | EL PAÍS

Old 01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Urdangarín Iñaki has come to Barcelona
Iñaki Urdangarín ha llegado a Barcelona | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate

Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Courtier

So it was Barcelona that he was heading to. That seemed the most logical place, well, it or Madrid.
There had been a little bit of speculation that he might have been heading to London to consult a lawyer.

Thanks for the confirmation, marine2109
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
So it was Barcelona that he was heading to. That seemed the most logical place, well, it or Madrid.
There had been a little bit of speculation that he might have been heading to London to consult a lawyer.

Thanks for the confirmation, marine2109
Just a little over a month to go,I doubt we'll see much of Cristina & the kids for sometime!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:38 AM

Three scenarios, 1) He was president and should be aware of all activities and if there is a discrepancy should have been sorted immediately
2) Someone means to discredit and cause stress to the Royal Family a lot of that going around
3)Why a job in America? Is he doing a Bill Clinton?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Inakis lawyer stating that his client is innocent and that there wont be a divorce for the Palma couple
El abogado de Urdangarn niega un posible divorcio de los duques de Palma
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Meanwhile it is ever more obvious that King Juan Carlos’s son-in-law ignored a Royal Household veto on his private business interests in 2006. On the contrary, via Aizoon, a company jointly owned with his wife, Cristina, Urdangarin allegedly continued operations from the US where he moved in 2009.

This latest leak also appears to supports the Public Prosecution Department’s argument that despite King Juan Carlos’s wishes Urdangarin continued, behind the scenes, to look for profits through non-profit making Noos.

Telefonica asked to justify payment made to Iñaki Urdangarin
Old 01-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well done Telefonica Spain , it was what I expected to.
Now their Money situation UNTIL nowadays will be known.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The declaration of Iñaki Urdangarín next February 25 will not be recorded by the 'media dimension' of the matter
La declaración de Iñaki Urdangarín el próximo 25 de febrero no | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate
Old 02-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Was the Infanta Cristina aware of Iñaki Urdangarin's dealings?-
AFP: Spanish princess 'worried' about duke's corruption hearing
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish duke to be questioned by judge in embarrassing first for Madrid's royal family - Telegraph
Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per this article,the Duke's aunt in law Infanta Pilar has come to the defence of Don Iñaki Urdangarin, telling a reporter to ‘Shut up! , because nobody is guilty until the judges say so’. She blamed the gossip TV programmes in Spain for having generated all the controversy.

I'd love to have seen the reporters face!

Infanta Cristina - 'We're trying to live a normal life, and you won't let us'
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love how feisty their comments were- wish more royals would put things as bluntly as they did!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

She blamed the gossip TV programmes in Spain for having generated all the controversy.
I'm confused. Is Pilar blaming the gossip programmes for being instrumental in Inaki's indictment. ? Surely, this would have happened anyway. ?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I'm confused. Is Pilar blaming the gossip programmes for being instrumental in Inaki's indictment. ? Surely, this would have happened anyway. ?
I think that she means that the gossip media have been stirring up the pot by reporting every day about it, dragging Cristina & the kids into it and as a consequence harming the image of the whole SRF.

I guess the Infanta should have kept quiet and declined to comment instead of giving this statement.

Without the media coverage, as much as over the top or polemic it can be, a lot of things would be swept under the carpet, especially regarding the famous and the wealthy.

See in Germany, the Head of State resigned and he still blames the media for investigating instead of asking himself what he did wrong.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think that she means that the gossip media have been stirring up the pot by reporting every day about it, dragging Cristina & the kids into it and as a consequence harming the image of the whole SRF.

I guess the Infanta should have kept quiet and declined to comment instead of giving this statement.
Yes, of course. Thanks, Duke. !

I agree with you about Pilar keeping quiet. I would have expected her to give them a withering look or else look through them.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I think she was just letting off steam,I can imagine that she's sick & tired of being asked the same questions over & over about the Duke of Palma. I still would love to have seen HRH telling that reporter to 'shut up'
Old 02-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Since the investigation is here in the USA, I took Pilar's comments as reference to the fundamental "innocent until proven guilty" model of our justice system, just my thoughts on the quote!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness

Will Infanta Christina join her husband on the hearing on Friday?
BYe Bine
Old 02-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Spanish king's son-in-law to be questioned by judge < Spanish news | Expatica Spain

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal