Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that Duke, the law regulating such things does not exist. The resignations in monarchies, and the obligations to resign for certain causes have always existed. She could not resign, but being officially apart of institutional events. Probably every Royal Family has rules about it. The press speculated that Spain is working on it.

Infanta Cristina is still very protected, in Spain there are many cases of corruption in the press lately, and in similar cases, wife or children have had at least to declare. She has failed as Infanta, because she has not prevented her husband act wrong and indirectly she has benefited from that money.

After Urdangarín case, her life in Spain will be complicated. They are now in Barcelona, ​​and only leave the house by car and to other enclosed places.

Although justice does not condemn her, the citizens will demand some responsibility. Only a gesture like that, would allow her regained some respect, that provide a quiet life for her, her children and the Royal Family.

Note that when the Prince becomes King, the infantas Elena and Cristina would no longer have an official role. They would be in the situation infanta Pilar and infanta Margarita are now. Just would forward something that will happen anyway, for the good of all.

I understand, thank you. But do you think anything can be done before trial?

Susan, I think you do not know the background of the problem, that here is principal.

The accuser is the Public Prosecutor, the case is of economic corruption with public money. Iñaki Urdangarín takes advantage of his position to get million euros contracts with public institutions, politicians pay much money just because he was the son-in-law of the King.That's a proven fact, now the judges will determine if it was legal or not.

If a private employer paid millions and there is a financial scandal is arguable or controversial ... but not so important. If a member of the Royal Family use his influence to enrich with public money, is something wrong, legal or not legal. So the acts of Urdangarín are bad from the beginning, he should never have done business with public money. So morally and in the eyes of citizens, regardless of the legality of his actions, his attitude is not ethical.

I did not know that re your first paragraph.

I thought royal families can be made officially smaller, some of them have so many children and grandchildren the responsibility for a government is too big.

But of course she will always remain the daughter of her parents.

The only member of the SRF who receives public money is the King, and he distributes. According to the new transparency, Infanta Cristina only receives money when she works for the crown what she hasnt done since the scandal boilt up.

How can she not be an official member of the SRF? Who or what institution would make her give up who she is by birth and law, an Infanta of Spain, and on what basis? I cant see Cristina giving up or being made giving up succession rights on moral grounds = guilt by association.

Surely the monarch has the right to decide who is an official working member of the royal family and who is just family, in much the same way as he can regulate titles within the family. At this point I doubt the government would have a problem with the King saying the working royal family will be limited to the King & Queen and the Prince & Princess of Asturias. Even without any changes though it would be best for Christian to keep the lowest possible profile until a judge rules on her husbands legal problems and that may take a long time.

Well there is a lot of anger in Spain about Iñaki and in particular Cristina, who a lot of people helds responsable for the extravagant lifestyle the couple led in Barcelona.
In case of a conviction people will want them to be persona non grata in Spain and I heard even voices to withdraw then their parental rights ( because of the bad example they set)

I was wondering how he got this contract at all, perhaps it is normal for topjobs to enclose a clause "if you do not function well" you will receive 4.5 million, but I am surprised.

That makes sense, I was wondering how he got such a contract with these legal issues pending.

I was wondering how he got this contract at all, perhaps it is normal for topjobs to enclose a clause "if you do not function well" you will receive 4.5 million, but I am surprised.

King Juan Carlos placed Inaki at Telefonica through connections to get him out of Spain when the first glimpse of the looming scandal became apparent for casareal. The King placed him there and Inaki will remain there until the King found a solution to the problem Inaki (or the judge will find a solution).

La celebracin de los duques de Palma en su casa de Pedralbes
The Urdangarin children only stayed for 2 days instead of the planned 7 days in Majorca and returned in order to celebrate Inaki's name day St. Ignatius with close friends & family in Barcelona

Iñaki has abused his position and has made ​​millions of euros of public money dishonestly (and probably illegal). Furthermore, by all accounts known, has done everything possible not to declare the money to the estate. People have every right to be angry, if people like Iñaki have acted honestly, Spain would have money to cover many basic services for people.

Iñaki is not the only involved in this story, original case is not about Inaki, but on corrupt politicians, important political of the party that governs Spain... There are many people involved, his partners and many politicians and government workers. Many people have had to testify about this case ... also the workers of Iñaki, people who worked with his business, at his home...
It's a big investigation, and Inaki is a fish on the big sea.

Iñaki is a member of the Royal Family who has done business with public money, there lies the seriousness of the case. If the problem is with private companies, the scandal would be much less important. Politicians in the same situation have had to abandon their posts, and if they have been guilty had to leave politics.

So in this case, out of doors the obligation of the Royal Family is to remove Iñaki. Decisions taken private as private family are theirs and we do not know them.

Only add, that the Infanta Cristina, is still very protected. If she was not King's daughter and had four children who are indirect victims of the greed of their parents, perhaps the situation would be different.

Not sure about Inaki's situation or how it works in Spain, but it is certainly not unusual for senior executives in other countries to have "golden parachutes" written into their contracts. This means that if companies want to remove you they have to pay to do so. Contracts also usually have generous bonuses scales, stock options etc written into them.

Not sure about Inaki's situation or how it works in Spain, but it is certainly not unusual for senior executives in other countries to have "golden parachutes" written into their contracts. This means that if companies want to remove you they have to pay to do so. Contracts also usually have generous bonuses scales, stock options etc written into them.

This is true but in Inaki's case, considering his qualifications vs benefits, I guess its safe to say that Inaki only got such a job because Juan Carlos asked one of his buddies to "park" Inaki in his company, indirectly funding the lifestyle that comes with being an Infanta or son in law of the Spanish King.

I really like Christina, without knowing her of course :p.
But even if I had not liked her I do not understand it is assumed that if her husband accepts bribes she is an accomplice and greedy. Many companies do not allow their employees to take about workcases to their wives/husbands. Perhaps that is not a written or unwritten rule in his company but how can anyone be sure she knew about his accepting bribes and why would he want to tell her, many people do it in various countries but it remains shamefull.

I remember someone telling me that when her mother and sisters were young women they stayed at a greek shipowners home in london and needed to be explained the concept of money, they had never had to pay for anything (this opens a door for jokes perhaps).
Of course that is a long time ago but it is possible that where money comes from did not interest Christina

Iñaki has abused his position and has made ​​millions of euros of public money dishonestly (and probably illegal). Furthermore, by all accounts known, has done everything possible not to declare the money to the estate. People have every right to be angry, if people like Iñaki have acted honestly, Spain would have money to cover many basic services for people.

Iñaki is not the only involved in this story, original case is not about Inaki, but on corrupt politicians, important political of the party that governs Spain... There are many people involved, his partners and many politicians and government workers. Many people have had to testify about this case ... also the workers of Iñaki, people who worked with his business, at his home...
It's a big investigation, and Inaki is a fish on the big sea.

Iñaki is a member of the Royal Family who has done business with public money, there lies the seriousness of the case. If the problem is with private companies, the scandal would be much less important. Politicians in the same situation have had to abandon their posts, and if they have been guilty had to leave politics.

So in this case, out of doors the obligation of the Royal Family is to remove Iñaki. Decisions taken private as private family are theirs and we do not know them.

Only add, that the Infanta Cristina, is still very protected. If she was not King's daughter and had four children who are indirect victims of the greed of their parents, perhaps the situation would be different.

Susan, I think you are once again missing data. ;)

Infanta Cristina was on the board of the Noos Institute, Iñaki was the director and from that institute did business. In addition, both had half Aizoon a company where Iñaki diverted some of his benefits. So the Infanta was not only the wife.

Re-opening this thread but please be aware that any speculative,defaming or off topic posts will be deleted.

Are there any updates in the case itself? I am under the impression that formal charges, if coming, will come in the fall. From there how long before a trial?

Are there any updates in the case itself? I am under the impression that formal charges, if coming, will come in the fall. From there how long before a trial?

The developments keep happening. Formal charges will be brought up sometime after the courts resume normal schedule after the summer break. From the time charges are made, to trial, it can be some time. How long? Impossible to say. In a case like this the legal fight is going to be a lengthy process.

As to updates, I recommend you, or anyone interested in the case, to check El Pais newspaper. It's one of the serious, reputable newspapers in the world running a close reporting on the Noos/Urdangarin matter. El Pais is certainly far away from tabloids or gossipy magazines. Reading the translations can be a bit of a pain though, however they do convey a general idea of the seriousness of the case.

I leave a couple of links - one from today, one from two days ago.

The judge in the Noos' case investigates six alleged Urdangarín frontmen.

El juez del

Translation

politica.elpais.com/politica/2012/08/15/actualidad/1345049779_285076.html - Translator

The Prosecutor's Office will ask Urdangarin for millions in bail after new data from the Treasury.

La Fiscalía pedirá fianza millonaria a Urdangarin con nuevos datos del fisco | Política | EL PAÍS

Translation

La Fiscalía pedirá fianza millonaria a Urdangarin con nuevos datos del fisco | Política | EL PAÍS

The Swiss Justice has frozen an account with 700,000 euros in Lausanne and has also blocked another in the Principality of Andorra where Noos deposited € 400,000, according to elmundo.es

There is a book out on the Noos case, parts have been printed in El Mundo:
ALLEDGEDLY
- Inaki asked Felipe in 2008 to help him pay to keep the house in Barcelona because he couldnt afford anymore but the King wanted the house to be kept to stay there when in Barcelona
- When Felipe asked Cristina to pick up Letizia's engagement ring, she asked Inaki who sent his business partner Diego Torres who payed for the ring with the Noos credit card.

El primer libro sobre Urdangarin revela la bronca que le ech el prncipe Felipe

''Urdangarín: Un Conseguidor en la Corte del Rey Juan Carlos'' mentioned above is getting lots of press in the last few days. The authors claim to have insided sources.

From an interview in Elmundo on 25 Oct with the authors:

"Relations between Don Felipe and Urdangarin are worse than bad. They do not speak. The heir is unforgiving."

"They are extremely materialistic. Iñaki Urdangarin, specifically, is a man pathologically obsessed with money."

"Divorce? Desirable for the institution in case of a conviction that seems inevitable. The King does not want the headline "King's son-in-law sentenced" but rather the less severe, "sentenced is the King's former son-in-law." The problem is that the Infanta still has a crush on her husband"

"One of the people who always suspected that something was not right with the standard of living of the Urdangarin and Borbon family was Letizia." The Duke of Palma believes that "Letizia is behind everything that is happening to us."

Eduardo Inda y Esteban Urreiztieta | Encuentros digitales | ELMUNDO.es

Last edited:
"the Infanta still has a crush on her husband" English is not my native language but I think permanent love between two people for years and producing four children deserves another word.

"Relations between Don Felipe and Urdangarin are worse than bad. They do not speak. The heir is unforgiving."

"They are extremely materialistic. Iñaki Urdangarin, specifically, is a man pathologically obsessed with money."

" The Duke of Palma believes that "Letizia is behind everything that is happening to us."

Eduardo Inda y Esteban Urreiztieta | Encuentros digitales | ELMUNDO.es
Of course he MUST blame someone else....might as well be Letizia. Would NEVER admit he and his wife were in the wrong. Narcissism in its purest form.

"One of the people who always suspected that something was not right with the standard of living of the Urdangarin and Borbon family was Letizia." The Duke of Palma believes that "Letizia is behind everything that is happening to us."
I knew there was more to this story.
So it was Letizia that made Inaki accept bribes, it was Letizia who made him break the law, she's the reason it all went wrong.

Honestly, if Inaki really thinks so then he's more disillusioned than I thought.

:previous: How didn´t we realise it before? It was Letizia who confunded Iñaki (maybe she even used a spell, since she seems to be such a witch :eek:) and the poor boy put his hands where he shouldn´t without even being concious of that! :cry: Oh, once again that awful, awful woman! :D

:previous: How didn´t we realise it before? It was Letizia who confunded Iñaki (maybe she even used a spell, since she seems to be such a witch :eek:) and the poor boy put his hands where he shouldn´t without even being concious of that! :cry: Oh, once again that awful, awful woman! :D
Letizia with her super-natural powers. What will she get involved with next? Perhaps she can stop the "Frankenstorm" hitting the US eastcoast.

The King had never stayed at their house. When JC had official events in Barcelona, he stayed in the palace, for private events, he usually stayed at his friend's house or his own rumored flat. JC was usually with Corinna. Come on, is it possible for JC and Corinna both staying at the house of Cristina and Inaki ? LOL :lol:. What a silly lie, no wonder Felipe was furious.

The story of Torres or Inaki pocketing the Felipe's money and paying for the engagement ring with Noos credit card could be true, it has been stated many times that the ring is from a Barcelona store and Cristina was used as a go-between for Felipe.

I do not understand, why would he say he earns 3000 euro a month?

Christina earning 7.500 euro a month I find shameful for someone in her position taking a salary like that from a charity.

The duke had presented the bank with a tax declaration that showed his work income was €36,000 a year. He declared another €76,000 in income from investments.
It was not clear how much the princess declared. Court papers reportedly show that she earned about €90,000 that year working for the Caixa's charitable foundation, and received a further €72,000 from her father, King Juan Carlos.

I knew there was more to this story.
So it was Letizia that made Inaki accept bribes, it was Letizia who made him break the law, she's the reason it all went wrong.

Honestly, if Inaki really thinks so then he's more disillusioned than I thought.

I'd take it all with a pinch of salt,how reliable are the sources who are quoted?

:previous:

Well, El Mundo is not a rag newspaper; it's the second largest printed (after El Pais) and the largest digital daily newspaper in Spain, with a daily circulation of around 200,000 readers (that's printed-edition only). Along with El Pais and ABC, it's the most influential newspaper in the country. I often go through their digital edition and would say it's like a slightly more reliable version of the British Daily Mail.

Obviously, everything written should not be taken for granted but I just found it hard to believe anyone - Inaki and Cristina included - could find a way of blaming the mess on anyone else, least of all Letizia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom