The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I can't wait to see what will happen....
I for one just wish this entire ugly mess was over and done with as every single sorry episode in this never ending saga has been one nail to many in the coffin of that is the Spanish Monarchy.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
American Spanish speaking newspaper has now called also for a quick closure on this sorry case. They are quite upset that no one is taking responsibility. Rather they are passing the blame on to others, even Letizia. The once lovers of Inaki and Cristina have now started to call them spoiled and self-centered. One reporter even stated she was hurt by their actions as she always thought they were perfect in every way. Found out that her idols had feet of clay.

I feel so sorry for those children. This case will hangover their heads all their lives. Not right, but will always be brought up.

Just don't understand what Cristina and Inaki were thinking to even cause all this trouble. They had everything at one time.
Especially now that both parents are charged, you are right! I could imagine a scenario when something went amiss in a firm one of them is working in 30 years from now and suddenly the suspicion falls on them - a fruit not falling far from the tree argument. Poor kids.

But I'm glad Cristina is charged. Neither will go to jail. Cristina in particular will be allowed some plea. But I don't see them returning to Spain now. Ever. Perhaps a clandestine visit.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

if she is guilty I think that the Spanish justice will not forgive her only because she is the king's daughter... also I' am sorry for those kids hope they're having some psychological counseling what were they thinking? I ask the same... they had it all.. good life, a family, work, money...everything so why?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
if she is guilty I think that the Spanish justice will not forgive her only because she is the king's daughter... also I' am sorry for those kids hope they're having some psychological counseling what were they thinking? I ask the same... they had it all.. good life, a family, work, money...everything so why?
I agree very much. Very difficult to understand/accept that royals can go that path, while they are sufficiently wealthy to live without money concerns.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess in court for tax fraud and money laundering
Prinsesse i retten for skattesvig og hvidvask af penge - Royale | www.bt.dk

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...-penge&act=url

Quote:
Infidelity and scams: A royal house filled with scandals
http://www.bt.dk/royale/utroskab-og-...-med-skandaler

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...ndaler&act=url
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
From the beginning I think she was involved... I mean she knew about everything, she is is wife... it is supposed to know everything her husband does...she must know...othjerwise if it was a surprise and he is really involved she should divorce him.. and that didn't happen so she is involved...in my opinion
I agree that she knew what was going on. My thought is that if she did know, what does that say about her loyalty to the SRF and the institution of the monarchy? For me, is shows a lack or regard for the crown and the Spanish people. Almost as if she is saying, I'm entitled and will do as I please, I'm not going to get caught because I'm an Infanta.

This is totally strange for me, I loved Christina and her family. But all of this has really put a bad taste in my mouth for her.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Especially now that both parents are charged, you are right! I could imagine a scenario when something went amiss in a firm one of them is working in 30 years from now and suddenly the suspicion falls on them - a fruit not falling far from the tree argument. Poor kids.

But I'm glad Cristina is charged. Neither will go to jail. Cristina in particular will be allowed some plea. But I don't see them returning to Spain now. Ever. Perhaps a clandestine visit.
I agree. I don't see them returning to Spain after all this is over. This will be very interesting to watch unfold over the years, especially after Felipe comes to the throne. Will he have sympathy for his sister or will he keep her away. Just like a soap opera, except real life goes by much slower. Too bad there's not a fast forward button.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I agree. I don't see them returning to Spain after all this is over. This will be very interesting to watch unfold over the years, especially after Felipe comes to the throne. Will he have sympathy for his sister or will he keep her away. Just like a soap opera, except real life goes by much slower. Too bad there's not a fast forward button.
Yes, this is akin to a movie or good book, but we don't always know when we will hear more!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I have to agree. Likely she'll be there for only serious trips ie: health concerns for her family. Her poor children are the ones who will always have this associated with them.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Poor kids.
I know it is silly for an American to feel this way, but I actually got teary when I read that Cristina was charged. Not for her or stupid husband, but those sweet 4 children. Plus parents and siblings. Don't unscrupulous people ever think about how their actions will affect their family? Plus being Royal is 100 times worse as it is like thumbing their nose at the citizens of Spain who have given them a special life style. The Queen must be heart broken in private [don't know about King's feelings] One has to wonder.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Courtier

To put it straight:the Infanta risks an imprisonment of five years and her husband even more
Those parents are really irresponsable!! They personally destroyed their own family
Old 01-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Princess Cristina, the daughter of Spain's King Juan Carlos, has been ordered to appear in court to answer questions over alleged tax fraud and money laundering in the latest blow to the royal family's reputation.
Palma de Mallorca court judge Jose Castro subpoenaed the 48-year-old princess to appear on March 8 for questioning about her partnership with her husband, Inaki Urdangarin, in a firm called Aizoon.
Mr Urdangarin is already under investigation for allegedly using his position to embezzle several million dollars in public contracts assigned to a supposedly nonprofit foundation he set up.
Daughter of King of Spain King Juan Carlos called to court over tax fraud and money laundering allegations as she is linked to embezzlement case against her husband | Mail Online

This is being reported about quite a lot here in England today, which I'm quite surprised about as European Royals don't often get in our press unless a birth, wedding or death has occurred. (That said, The Daily Mail reported about Crown Princess Victoria's recent skiing accident, but I suppose that's because they come across as a monarchist paper so would naturally report about other royal stories like that.)
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I know it is silly for an American to feel this way, but I actually got teary when I read that Cristina was charged. Not for her or stupid husband, but those sweet 4 children. Plus parents and siblings. Don't unscrupulous people ever think about how their actions will affect their family? Plus being Royal is 100 times worse as it is like thumbing their nose at the citizens of Spain who have given them a special life style. The Queen must be heart broken in private [don't know about King's feelings] One has to wonder.
Yes, her decisions could very well have a profound effect on her entire family - she could ultimately bring down the monarchy.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:

I dont think Cristina has been 'charged', she will be questioned regarding her involvement in the Noos case, just like the wife of Inaki's partner Diego Torres.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

She may have been charged by one investigator - but late last year the Spanish were told there were no charges as not sufficient evidence. This could just run and run.

But she has not been tried and found guilty.

Juan Carlos between rock and hard place. If he abdicates, people will always believe his daughter guilty regardless of the outcome and if he doesn't go, then the monarchy could weaken further

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Legal troubles for Infanta Cristina| Tengrinews.kz
Old 01-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

This has gotten a surprisingly big amount of press in Denmark as well. Articles and news segments - I don't think the Spanish Royal Family has received so much press here ever before (and they called Cristina 'Princess' instead of 'Infanta' ).

For the sake of the Spanish Monarchy, I just wish for this mess to be over as soon as possible.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Aristocracy

If I read the Reuters article correctly, she has not been charged. There is an "imputation" of criminal activity. Imputations are not charges. And, even charges are a far cry from guilty. She and her husband both insist that they are innocent. I think we should wait and see if there is any actual evidence of criminal activity. Real evidence.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Their poor children..
Old 01-08-2014, 03:34 AM
Courtier

I think we should wait and see if there is any actual evidence of criminal activity. Real evidence, by Miss Byrd.

I am a firm believer in *where there is smoke, there is fire*, this woman had *Everything handed to her on a silver platter and also had the platter handed to her all her life, she had a title, a family, more money then 99.99% of the people ever see or earn in a lifetime, she has everything and yet she has displayed her *true* character as being selfish, greedy and arrogant, like she thinks she is better then anyone else , well this will hurt her big time, as they say KARMA is a b I t ch and can really hurt.............she should be very ashamed of herself, not for just herself but for what she has done to the people of Spain, and her children. She is a disgrace to the Spanish people as is her father, being royal comes with huge responsibilities, not just entitlements or perks and freebies for life, some royals really work for their country and are very loyal to the people.

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal