The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
not at all. especially offenses like money laundering, tax offences etc (of course within certain boundaries) you can do a deal with the authorities if you open up and pay back. imo this is business as usual in many countries. for example in germany it was possible for a long time to defo avoid prison if you denounce yourself and pay the money back.
You can negotiate a plea deal for just about ANYTHING with the prosecutor here in the U.S., and you are correct, the main concern is restitution. It happens all the time. It's cheaper on the taxpayer than conducting a trial.

The dirty little secret here in the U.S. is that there is simply insufficient tax revenue to incarcerate people. I am assuming that the same holds true in Spain where people with Masters degrees can't find work.

My guess is that there will be a plea deal here that involves no prison and full restitution.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

this article summarises the expenses that cristina and iñaki have paid with public money from aizoon, which they had gotten from services which were not provided. the article highlights all the private expenditure which was paid with public money. they mention this allowed C+I to pay less tax for aizoon, as if they spent more, the profits of the entreprise decreased.

""La vida de una infanta segn sus facturas | EL MUNDO

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

In a writ made public on Tuesday, prosecutor Pedro Horrach accused Judge José Castro of pursuing the infanta for who she is, not for what she has done.
"It is a basic principle of criminal law that you cannot implicate or punish anyone for what he is but for what he has done," Horrach said in the writ.
Prosecutor claims judge in Urdangarin case is biased against princess In English EL PAÍS

The anti-corruption Prosecutor shall acknowledge to Urdangarín of six offences punished with up to 23 years in prison
Urdangarín podría ser acusado a penas que sumarían 23 años de cárcel – España – Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de España en lainformacion.com
Translation
Old 12-26-2013, 01:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The anti-corruption Prosecutor shall acknowledge to Urdangarín of six offences punished with up to 23 years in prison
Urdangarín podría ser acusado a penas que sumarían 23 años de cárcel – España – Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de España en lainformacion.com
Translation

Well, 23 years, that sounds brutal. Everyone knows, that this will not happen like this. I think, too, that there will be a plea deal. I am really interested to hear, who will cover the cost (I assume, the king will secretly help - financial-wise)..... However a "black spot" on their Reputation will remain forever on the couple.
Bye Bine
Old 12-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Well, 23 years, that sounds brutal. Everyone knows, that this will not happen like this. I think, too, that there will be a plea deal. I am really interested to hear, who will cover the cost (I assume, the king will secretly help - financial-wise)..... However a "black spot" on their Reputation will remain forever on the couple.
Bye Bine
No it wont, and sounds far too harsh. I mean, even for crimes like manslaughter you get out of prison much earlier. Some perspective is needed here. IMO Inaki will pay back whatever he is asked to pay back. It will be interesting what deal will be made: prison, suspended sentence, criminal record or nothing at all.

On another note, how long will this case drag on? I have the impression that this whole issue takes much longer than one would expect such a case to last.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

The case is still in the process of instruction according to the press that will close in a few weeks, probably will not even be a trial within a year. Justice in Spain is slow and fairly saturated with corruption. The case of Iñaki is linked to other political corruption cases and the overall process is very complicated.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The case is still in the process of instruction according to the press that will close in a few weeks, probably will not even be a trial within a year. Justice in Spain is slow and fairly saturated with corruption. The case of Iñaki is linked to other political corruption cases and the overall process is very complicated.
Thanks - I can only speak for Germany, things go much quicker there. We've had high profile tax evasion cases and people will usually buy themselves out. The latest one is the case of FC Bayern president Hoeness, the case became public knowledge beginning of this year. The amount of money concerned is too much to just do a buy-out. The trial will be coming March with whatever outcome, but all in all the issue is being done with in less than 2 years. Inaki's case is now public knowledge for more than 2 years, no trial in sight.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

Spottorno, jefe de la Casa del Rey: 'El caso Nóos es un martirio. Sólo pedim | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Courtier

American Spanish speaking newspaper has now called also for a quick closure on this sorry case. They are quite upset that no one is taking responsibility. Rather they are passing the blame on to others, even Letizia. The once lovers of Inaki and Cristina have now started to call them spoiled and self-centered. One reporter even stated she was hurt by their actions as she always thought they were perfect in every way. Found out that her idols had feet of clay.

I feel so sorry for those children. This case will hangover their heads all their lives. Not right, but will always be brought up.

Just don't understand what Cristina and Inaki were thinking to even cause all this trouble. They had everything at one time.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spain's Princess Cristina charged with tax fraud, money-laundering

Spain's Princess Cristina charged with tax fraud, money-laundering
Old 01-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The link doesnt work for me ? just in case, here is another one:
Spain's Princess Cristina charged with tax fraud, money-laundering | Reuters
BBC News - Spanish princess Infanta Cristina summoned over fraud

We'll see if she really ends up in court.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Cristina is charged annonced the El Mondo, the new was said in the radio

EL MUNDO - Diario online lder de informacin en espaol
Old 01-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Spanish princess Infanta Cristina summoned over fraud

Spanish princess Infanta Cristina summoned over fraud
Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Royal Highness

El Mondo

EL MUNDO - Diario online lder de informacin en espaol
Old 01-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

La Casa del Rey expresa 'respeto a las decisiones judiciales' tras la imputación de la infanta Cristina

vanitatis

El juez Castro imputa a la Infanta por un delito fiscal y blanqueo de capitales - Noticias de Casas Reales
Old 01-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can't wait to see what will happen....
Old 01-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

From the beginning I think she was involved... I mean she knew about everything, she is is wife... it is supposed to know everything her husband does...she must know...othjerwise if it was a surprise and he is really involved she should divorce him.. and that didn't happen so she is involved...in my opinion
Old 01-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see how a divorce would change anything.....
Old 01-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Rominet,
Remember a few years ago our Prince Laurent was asked to go to the Court for a Marine scandal.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Royal Highness

Wort.lu - Spanish king's daughter summoned over financial crimes

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal