The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
To the people in charge of this web....I feel like I beat my head against the wall when someone thinks it's okay to be a crooked politician or royal and that it's okay to get away with it. I am sorry if I hurt anyone feelings, yet I have to be true to my beliefs that when your in this type of position, you should and must set an example of being honest and having dignity. I realize that know one is perfect but some royals are not meant to be in those positions and some do really jobs for the people, like the royal family of the Netherlands.
Ever heard of queen Juliana,s husband prince Bernhard?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Ever heard of queen Juliana,s husband prince Bernhard?
I apologize if this is improper, but I greatly dislike Prince Bernhard, mainly because, IMO, Queen Juliana was so magnificent and he blatantly carried on affairs and not very discreetly. Just my two cents

Old 10-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Courtier

Andolini:
Are we allowed to have our 2 cents worth here? I don't like when men cheat on their wives and you could say that comes from personal experience, in this day and age and that was many decades ago, I still don't like cheating spouses regardless of their sex. I think that people in positions of power and trust for the people should do just that, set an example for the people so that trust is built, if it's not there, then there will be problems like I see in Spain. I feel so sorry for the Spanish people as they are a really great country with a wonderful history. Hopefully time will heal all wounds quickly.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Courtier

I am wondering if anyone saw this article in the Local today?

http://www.thelocal.es/20131029/fake...tract-princess

Am I allowed to print this article here? I am still not sure of everything that is allowed here. This is very sad indeed for the people of Spain, again more corruption when the people really need help just living day to day.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Andolini:
Are we allowed to have our 2 cents worth here? I don't like when men cheat on their wives and you could say that comes from personal experience, in this day and age and that was many decades ago, I still don't like cheating spouses regardless of their sex. I think that people in positions of power and trust for the people should do just that, set an example for the people so that trust is built, if it's not there, then there will be problems like I see in Spain. I feel so sorry for the Spanish people as they are a really great country with a wonderful history. Hopefully time will heal all wounds quickly.
Everyone is allowed their own opinions and input into a discussion. That's the beauty of these forums. We come together and discuss various aspects of royalty and, as I've found out in my case, actually learn things that just might change my opinion.

I also abhor infidelity in a marriage myself. Been there, done that, burnt his shorts in the courts. However, I don't believe that should be a sole reason for someone to be removed from a political position or, in this case, removed from being monarch of his country. What happens in their own private family lives should be worked out by them alone. I think what bothered me more is JC's extravagant hunting trip of an endangered species while paying lip service to the WWF. Now that Inaki and Christina are in the picture with all that is going on with their finances, it really doesn't say much for their character either. Even with being a monarch and part of a royal family, they are still answerable to the laws of the land and have to be accountable for their actions.

As far as the King, I think there would have to be something proven by the government that he's done something not in the best interest of the Spanish people to warrant his removal.

I think the key words are "in the best interest of the Spanish people". Inaki and Christina would need to be proven guilty in a court of law before any action would be taken against them and JC could have 15 mistresses but until he is actually accused and convicted of a valid detrimental act against the Crown, I don't see him being asked to abdicate or being removed.

Just my opinion of course and as always.... subject to change.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Courtier

Osipi:
Thank you for your comment, I will own that I will never support any man/woman who is in a position such as JC in being unfaithful to his wife. He is a powerful man in Spain, (have many friends that live in Spain and been there on vacation) and everyone that I have spoken with thinks his daughter and son-in-law will never be brought to task for their actions. I know about protecting one's child from serious problems and that is the very wrong way to do it, I learnt the hard way to let children learn from their mistakes so that they can grow and be responsible adults. I love the people of Spain, I was welcomed with open arms and had the best time of my life.......to me I want to go back and stay there the rest of my life. I don't like what is happening now to the people and some are having a really hard time while he sits in his palace and does what? I don't eat any meat and hate the killing of animals of any kind......so the elephant trip really was a horrible thing to read about. I think in the future nothing will be done as usual and all will go free and that leaves a bad taste in many people's mouths. Even here in the USA where I live, I really get on my soapbox and shout to the papers, write letters and bitch the congress out and have no respect for any of them. My government is filled with crooks, something I learnt in reading about history, am a huge history buff, "All kingdoms, empires, world powers fall to ashes given time when there is corruption and lack of trust by the people"...this will happen to America the way it's headed as it has happened to many royals families in the world, ex: Greece for one.
Sorry I should never get into politics with anyone in any country. I do like many royal families and think some do a great job, Norway is one!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Courtier

"CHEATING" is an issue only and only for the wife.
If she has no problem then its nobody else's business..
Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
I tend to disagree. If one can cheat on a spouse his attitude would be to certainly cheat on his subjects as he doesn't even know most of them personally. Cheating in marriage denotes a very self-centered personality. When ruling a country, ones citizens and their respect should come first.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I am glad they are continuing to investigate, and it seems more and more things turn up. The people of Spain certainly deserve a full and thorough investigation.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Tax-dodging Princess faked rent deal: Report - The Local

Am I allowed to print this article here? I am still not sure of everything that is allowed here. This is very sad indeed for the people of Spain, again more corruption when the people really need help just living day to day.
You are allowed post a link to the article but you're not allowed to repost the entire article word for word.I've edited your post and inserted a link to the article in question .
Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish
Spot on Vkrish !
Old 10-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I tend to disagree. If one can cheat on a spouse his attitude would be to certainly cheat on his subjects as he doesn't even know most of them personally. Cheating in marriage denotes a very self-centered personality. When ruling a country, ones citizens and their respect should come first.
You can't ever know the state of someone else's marriage. There are some couples who agree to outside relationships and I wouldn't presume to think I know how every other relationship should function.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I am wondering if anyone saw this article in the Local today? http://www.thelocal.es/20131029/fake...tract-princess Am I allowed to print this article here? I am still not sure of everything that is allowed here. This is very sad indeed for the people of Spain, again more corruption when the people really need help just living day to day.
the issue is that this is a common practice if you're self-employed and have a home office. So, I'm sure that the lawyers are going to say that the Princess was just distributing assets as she was "self-employed."
Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Everyone is allowed their own opinions and input into a discussion. That's the beauty of these forums. We come together and discuss various aspects of royalty and, as I've found out in my case, actually learn things that just might change my opinion.

I also abhor infidelity in a marriage myself. Been there, done that, burnt his shorts in the courts. However, I don't believe that should be a sole reason for someone to be removed from a political position or, in this case, removed from being monarch of his country. What happens in their own private family lives should be worked out by them alone. I think what bothered me more is JC's extravagant hunting trip of an endangered species while paying lip service to the WWF. Now that Inaki and Christina are in the picture with all that is going on with their finances, it really doesn't say much for their character either. Even with being a monarch and part of a royal family, they are still answerable to the laws of the land and have to be accountable for their actions.

As far as the King, I think there would have to be something proven by the government that he's done something not in the best interest of the Spanish people to warrant his removal.

I think the key words are "in the best interest of the Spanish people". Inaki and Christina would need to be proven guilty in a court of law before any action would be taken against them and JC could have 15 mistresses but until he is actually accused and convicted of a valid detrimental act against the Crown, I don't see him being asked to abdicate or being removed.

Just my opinion of course and as always.... subject to change.

Thank you. I just am careful now how I word my comments because I have, with absolutely no intention of doing so, offended some in the past so now I am "quasi paranoid" (is that even a phrase?? LOL) about my comments!!! :)
Old 10-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Courtier

Vkrish:CHEATING" is an issue only and only for the wife.

I beg to disagree as if a person is cheating on their spouse what else would they be doing behind that person's back. This is goes to the *core of their character, cheating* because it shows just how untrustworthy a person really is. Being in this position as king it shows that to me he is very untrustworthy....and it seems that the male species thinks that this is okay. Yes women do cheat also yet I would like to know the numbers of men versus women in these type of positions...not the general population of any country. Your on call/duty and seen 24/7 by the world when your in this position, your life is not yours any more and there is no privacy anymore, so kings, queens, all royals should know to be very careful of their position and what they do. I would not want this for all the money in the world as I love my freedom to come and go as I see fit.

So JC has cheated on his wife and she takes it..........yet that makes him look like the unworthy person on the throne, not her..it makes her look weak and controlled..........very sad state of affairs for both. It also makes one wonder what else he has done behind not just her back by the very backs of the people of Spain and that is HIS fault and responsibility.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So JC has cheated on his wife and she takes it..........yet that makes him look like the unworthy person on the throne, not her..it makes her look weak and controlled..........very sad state of affairs for both. It also makes one wonder what else he has done behind not just her back by the very backs of the people of Spain and that is HIS fault and responsibility.
I keep remembering too that as this is what we, the public, have only been given glimpses of into their lives, we really have no clue as to what their real state of the marriage is. Perhaps they found out long ago that they're really not compatible in marriage and "for Spain" have remained together for just that reason. We really don't know. Without first hand knowledge of this couple's relationship, I really don't feel I'm in a position to judge them.

Many royal marriages in the past have been obtained solely for the purpose of the monarchy and political reasons rather than for an intimate partnership between two people. It wasn't that long ago that it was the norm to have lovers tucked away discreetly somewhere and an united front was put on for the people. It was how it was. Sometimes it even was the royal prerogative to make alliances to fill the coffers.

I think we can safely say that the past actions of JC, Inaki and Christina seem to point at a less than an upfront character. Until we actually are given facts that are proven to be detrimental, we really are in no position to judge yet.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
I apologize if this is improper, but I greatly dislike Prince Bernhard, mainly because, IMO, Queen Juliana was so magnificent and he blatantly carried on affairs and not very discreetly. Just my two cents
I was referring to his criminal financial dealings.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Can we please get back on topic and discuss the corruption case and not relationships.
Further posts will be deleted.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Can we please get back on topic and discuss the corruption case and not relationships.
Further posts will be deleted.
gotta love this. back to corruption we goes.

AND. thanks for getting us back on topic.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The judge embargo half of the Barcelona home of the Dukes of Palma

El juez embarga la mitad del 'palacete' de los Duques de Palma | ELMUNDO.es

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal