The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
She and her husband should be banned from ever living there again....they belong in jail...just because she has a title does not mean that she is better then anyone else. She is a thief just like her husband and to steal from the very people that don't have much give is disgraceful and shameful. Her parents taught her wrong and to still enable her, they need to step down and let CF and CL take over, now that is one family that deserves respect and loyalty from the people, not the rest of them.
So they have actually been indicted? I must have missed that piece of news.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The King gave the Infanta 155.243 euros for official events in two years

El Rey ingresó a la Infanta 155.243 euros por actos oficiales en dos años | Política | EL PAÍS

Old 10-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The King gave the Infanta 155.243 euros for official events in two years

El Rey ingresó a la Infanta 155.243 euros por actos oficiales en dos años | Política | EL PAÍS
What years are in question?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What years are in question?
2007 - 79.366,32 euros. She had 35 events.
2008 - 75.877,02 euros. She had 41 events.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

So, are they ever going to try this guy and Torres or what? How long can we expect this drama to drag on?

And most importantly, anyone ever see any invoices from Urdangarin's attorneys? Jeez, I'd love to have a look at those. Wonder who's footin' that bill....
Old 10-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
2007 - 79.366,32 euros. She had 35 events.
2008 - 75.877,02 euros. She had 41 events.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
So, are they ever going to try this guy and Torres or what? How long can we expect this drama to drag on?

And most importantly, anyone ever see any invoices from Urdangarin's attorneys? Jeez, I'd love to have a look at those. Wonder who's footin' that bill....
It dates back to 2007/2008 when Cristina was a Golden Girl
Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Again, the question in my mind is who is paying for the high powered attorney's fees? There must be several attorneys and staff, and they must be spending day and night on this case. In the U.S. an hourly rate, plus travel time, staff's hourly rate, photocopying costs - we are talking a staggering amount of money. These are some of the hidden costs of this prosecution that nobody thinks about.

I'll go out on a limb and say JC is paying, but I don't believe we will ever be privy to this information. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to estimate, off hand, over one million Euros so far.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It was not about whether Cristina was a golden girl of tabloids or not, it was about Cristina getting too much money for few acts she did even back in 2007/2008. For 380, 000 Euros the four women shared, I guess Letizia even being a full time royal, was probably getting about the same as Cristina, or even less (her cousin's book said she only got 60,000 back then). No wonder Zarzuela dared not publish the money distribution among the four women since they said they distributed money according to the number of acts they attended, obviously that was not the case. Sofia or Letizia probably did 5 times more than Cristina or Elena.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
It was not about whether Cristina was a golden girl of tabloids or not, it was about Cristina getting too much money for few acts she did even back in 2007/2008. From 38 mil the four women shared, I guess Letizia even being a full time royal, was probably getting about the same as Cristina, or even less (her cousin's book said she only got 60,000 back then). No wonder Zarzuela dared not publish the money distribution among the four women since they said they distributed money according to the number of acts they attended, obviously that was not the case. Sofia or Letizia probably did 5 times more than Cristina or Elena.
Who shared 38 Million?

I don't think the Spanish Royal Budget was ever that high,do you mean E3.8?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Who shared 38 Million?

I don't think the Spanish Royal Budget was ever that high,do you mean E3.8?
Sorry, a typo, Sofia, Letizia, Cristina and Elena shared 380,000 Euros.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

375.000 euros was the budget in 2011 that was the first year that they published. In 2007 and 2008 would be similar. With the crisis and Cristina stopped having events theres were cuts.

Queen probably receive more money than the princess and infantas (the king receives twice the prince) ... doing calculations, probably Princess Letizia is the worst paid in respect of the activity she does. It is suspicious that the Royal House refuses to explain how the money is distributed.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Sorry, a typo, Sofia, Letizia, Cristina and Elena shared 380,000 Euros.
Oh that's more like it!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Courtier

To the people in charge of this web....I feel like I beat my head against the wall when someone thinks it's okay to be a crooked politician or royal and that it's okay to get away with it. I am sorry if I hurt anyone feelings, yet I have to be true to my beliefs that when your in this type of position, you should and must set an example of being honest and having dignity. I realize that know one is perfect but some royals are not meant to be in those positions and some do really jobs for the people, like the royal family of the Netherlands.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

SElizabeth, you are indeed entitled to your opinion and beliefs and I for one agree with what you are trying to say. I think you are right in that royals should be in the helping your people mode but not all do unfortunately. There are royals out there that do care about their people but when it comes to the Spanish monarchy, I dont think a good enough job has been done when it comes to being socially responsible. As far as I am concerned JC should not even have been put in the position or given the title of King of Spain. To me he is an imposter and does not deserve his status but, that is only my opinion. I am in the mindset of abolishment. I think Spain would be better off without a monarchy since having one is doing more harm than good and really, there is no need for a monarchy. But again that is my opinion. In other words, everyone on these forums is entitled to their opinion and as long as it is kept within the boundaries of respect and civility, its o.k. to express your thoughts. The moderators are very careful not to allow any insults or attacks. They do their best to judge what is appropriate material or what needs to be deleted. Your thoughts are viewed and taken in and either agreed with or not and commented on. That is the beauty of these forums. The only thing we need to remember is that we all have different views and we all need to respect eachother and be civil. Thanks for sharing your opinion and please continue.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Nobility

I'm sure that IF and when the people of Spain decide to become a republic, we will hear of it. Until then, surely the Royal family should be accorded their correct names and titles, despite the disapproval of some ?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Absolutely and I would suggest that if members are unsure of whats acceptable and whats not then they should re-read the rules about posting

Posting

Quote:
Threads should remain on topic. If you wish to conduct a private conversation with another poster, please do so via the private message system or the chat room. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Posts where members claim to be related to a royal or noble family may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators since we are unable to substantiate such claims.
Threads and posts containing information already posted will be deleted, edited, or merged at the discretion of the moderators; empty posts containing irrelevant short exclamations or comments will be deleted.
Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
Political and religious content is permitted only in association with the royal-related topics of the threads.
Threads and posts that violate the rules will be deleted or edited. However, the real-time nature of the board means that moderators may not see the offending posts immediately. We reserve the right to delete or edit posts without notice at any time after they are posted.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I'm sure that IF and when the people of Spain decide to become a republic, we will hear of it. Until then, surely the Royal family should be accorded their correct names and titles, despite the disapproval of some ?
I quite agree with you !
Old 10-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Again I will say that I have no respect for the king of Spain nor his daughter, Cristina and her husband. I wasn't brought up to sugar coat bad behavior regardless of who you are or whom you think you are. Being deceitful to people that you are suppose to represent is shameful and brings no trust from the people that your suppose to represent. I am of the mind set with LG that it is time for the people of Spain to get rid of the royal family. Having many friends that live in Spain and have traveled there, I think it will happen sooner rather then later. If PF and his wife become the new royal family and stay true and honest to the people then I would certainly support that. They at least have no connections to the corruption of JC and his daughter. Yes we all have opinions and I respect that..........I am very firm and don't mince words not sugar coat something just to agree with someone to earn points. Life is way to short to be dishonest with one's self and that I am not.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have a question here. If the Spanish people were fed up and wanted to make a change, what is the system of government? Would they call for an abdication or would they depose the entire royal family? I'm thinking back to the late 30s when King Edward VIII abdicated the British throne. The UK remained a constitutional monarchy and only the King stepped down and was replaced by his younger brother.

Somehow it just doesn't seem right that the Spanish people/government would change their whole process of government because of a few people.

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal