The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
He cannot avoid prosecution by running away to Qatar. If the judge thinks he should be prosecuted, then he will need to attend court, regardless of this job offer. Any other course will have the public saying that JC has pulled strings to save members of his family...
If Inaki leaves the country, he will do so with permission from the court system and will return to Spain as need be.

In Qatar, Inaki would work for handball coach Valero Rivera, who was Inaki's coach at FC Barcelona for 15 years. Rivera has supported Inaki throughout his ordeal. So the job with Qatar's national team is legit and was offered based on Inaki's skills as an outstanding handball player and his working relationship with Rivera. Qatar has been awarded the rights to host the World Men’s Handball Championship to be held in 2015.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Royal Highness

I have been reading this thread for some time but without really commenting. I just find the whole thing so sad. Inaki and Cristina were one of my favourite royal couples with their four adorable children. Now its the opposite.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Well, you are not the only one to think so.
A lot of people in Spain are convinced that the job offer is the first step to a divorce.
Apparently the relation between the infanta and her husband is irreparably damaged.
Not only because of their corruption problems but also because of marital problems.
Insiders knew already for a long time that the couple had problems with faithfullness.
Now that Andrew Morton's book about the spanish ladies made things public I can imagine what will happen next.
I certainly wouldn't believe everything one reads especially when penned by Andrew Morton of all people!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I have been reading this thread for some time but without really commenting. I just find the whole thing so sad. Inaki and Cristina were one of my favourite royal couples with their four adorable children. Now its the opposite.
How true crm2317, and how I agree with you,Cristina and Inaki were my golden royal couple and how that image has now changed of them given all thats gone one. I feel desperately sorry for the Palma children in this great stinking mess!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

Qatar is a difficult country in which to live. It's simply a place where foreigners come to make money, nothing else. It's not for the lifestyle. I would be surprised if Cristina and the four children are moving anytime soon, unless they can get places in a good school there - I'm not sure that's an easy thing to do.

But with these infidelity allegations, I too wonder if this is the beginning of the break. No divorce during the trial, but afterwards it will happen quietly.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Courtier

I cant believe people are suggesting divorce as a way out of this mess..
That is the most inhuman thing she can do..And I dont think it will do any good to her or the Royal Family..
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
That is the most inhuman thing she can do..And I dont think it will do any good to her or the Royal Family..
I'm not suggesting divorce as a way out of this mess at all. I'm afraid that this (or any relationship) can not survive the pressure and stress of this situation. I'm afraid at the end of this, the relationship will be over as well as the public credibility of both Inaki and Cristina.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If you mean me, you are misreading my posts.

I'm not giving Cristina advice, I am merely predicting what she will do. And I don't think anyone thinks a divorce would solve the SRF's problems.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
If you mean me, you are misreading my posts.

I'm not giving Cristina advice, I am merely predicting what she will do. And I don't think anyone thinks a divorce would solve the SRF's problems.
Ok I misread that particular part. Thanks for clarifying.. And BTW I loved your "instant-twin-response" from you both..
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Nobility

No worries! If we fans get muddled, confused and miscommunicate in the mess of what's going on in this whole situation (and the whole family), I can only imagine how horrible it is for those actually living it.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Divorce is not a solution for the SRF problems
Divorce can be a solution for couples with infidelity issues
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
No worries! If we fans get muddled, confused and miscommunicate in the mess of what's going on in this whole situation (and the whole family), I can only imagine how horrible it is for those actually living it.
If this summer's comings and going of the SRF in Mallorca are any indication, it must be incredible behind closed doors.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Ok people lets move on from divorce speculating until we have something concrete to discuss other than tabloid gossip!

Also thanks to everyone for keep this a most cordial discussion area
Old 04-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Qatar is a difficult country in which to live. It's simply a place where foreigners come to make money, nothing else. It's not for the lifestyle. I would be surprised if Cristina and the four children are moving anytime soon, unless they can get places in a good school there - I'm not sure that's an easy thing to do.
One of the advantage of the family moving to Qatar is that the press could be kept at bay. Laws controlling the paparazzi are supposedly very tight there.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Doesn't it seem VERY convenient that a job offer from Qatar has arrived, of all times, now?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Of course..VERY VERY convenient..A luxurious convenience perfectly timed..
At a perfect timing..
But lets face it..The Casa Real cant just sit tight waiting for things to happen..Even you and I wont do that if we were the King.
They would have worked quite a few strategies..
Many more "conveniences" and "inconveniences" and "coincidences" are yet to occur..
Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

Am I correct in saying that it is only a job offer at the moment and that Inaki hasn't actually accepted it yet? It seems like convenient timing, but more to the point I think it shows that Inaki has support from some quarters and such a job will help in redeeming him so to speak. Whatever the truth is about this sordid state of affairs, it seems that Inaki and Cristina must keep a low profile for a time, work hard to redeem themselves and above all concentrate their efforts on bringing up their children.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Doesn't it seem VERY convenient that a job offer from Qatar has arrived, of all times, now?
This is what I meant by JC pulling strings

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Nobility

Corruption in this family seems to be getting deeper and deeper. This whole scandal is getting stinkier and stinkier. I think it's time I go back to reading just the Fashion forum here!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Am I correct in saying that it is only a job offer at the moment and that Inaki hasn't actually accepted it yet? It seems like convenient timing, but more to the point I think it shows that Inaki has support from some quarters and such a job will help in redeeming him so to speak.
The job offer is contingent on Inaki's former coach, Valero Rivera, accepting the position of head coach for the Qatar national handball team. Urdangarin is expected to travel to Doha in the coming days to negotiate his contract. Rivera "has always defended Urdangarin from the accusations he faces, describing him as a "great friend” and criticizing the media for “condemning him before he is put on trial.""

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal