The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Irrelevant or Confrontational posts will be removed,please try to stay on topic and polite.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Irrelevant or Confrontational posts will be removed,please try to stay on topic and polite.
I don't understand how my post was off-topic or impolite. A Forum member said she feels sorry for Critina because she is an infanta, and that shocked me. I simply asked her how does the fact of her being an infanta makes her feel sorry for her.
Is it because an infanta should be treated differently that other citizens of the country?

I never insulted anyone, and I wasn't impolite. But if a poster says she feels sorry for Cristina because she is an infanta, as someone who supports the spanih royal family with her taxes, I think I am entitled to ask why she says that, and whether she thinks that an infanta should have a different legal treatment than myself or any other spanish citizen.

I really don't see were was the impoliteness or the off-topic.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, you answered IRIS as well, and you were IMO very rude.
You should take in acount that political content in post is totally forbiden at TRF. And attacking other posters is as well.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Majesty

Spain's monarchy in crisis - reporter - YouTube
Old 04-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Courtier

According to Bild the Urdangarin couple does not have only juridical problems, but also marital problems.
Apparently there were problems of unfaithfulness between the partners already from the beginning of the relation.

Source: e-mails from el Mundo
Cristina von Spanien: Ehe mit Iñaki Urdangarín angeblich in der Krise - Royals - Bild.de
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
According to Bild the Urdangarin couple does not have only juridical problems, but also marital problems.
Apparently there were problems of unfaithfulness between the partners already from the beginning of the relation.

Source: e-mails from el Mundo
Cristina von Spanien: Ehe mit Iñaki Urdangarín angeblich in der Krise - Royals - Bild.de
Andrew Morton writes something like that in his book too
Andrew Morton Iñaki Urdangarin llegó a salir con tres mujeres a la vez, incluyendo a la Infanta Cristina
Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Aristocracy

Nothing may come out of this. The sad thing is the Royal Family have been tarnished. One is innocient until found guilty. This is not new about people who are at the helm of things "and the dough is rolling".

I hope Prince Philepe and Princess Litezia are crowned King and Queen. After the Dictator Franco rule. King Carlos was able to turn the country into a democracy. Now This!.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Inaki Urdangarin has got an offer to work with the Qatar Handball Team
Iñaki Urdangarín acepta la oferta de Valerio Rivera para trabajar con la selección de balonmano de Qatar - Bekia
Translation
Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting news about Inaki especially in the light of recent events... Maybe I'm naive but I hope he'll be cleared by court. This is so horrible for Spanish Royal Family...

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Royal Highness

"Urdangarin" is among the top-10-hashtags on Twitter today,here is one story from a Spanish newspaper:El juez cita como imputada a la infanta Cristina en el

Here all the information and articles in Spanish:Noticias sobre Caso Urdangarin | EL PAÍS
. Helen Keller
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
From Hola

Urdangarin comunica al Rey su decisión de trabajar como entrenador en Qatar
Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It's the career he should have pursued since the very beginning.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miramar View Post
It's the career he should have pursued since the very beginning.
Of if only he had,I'm sure many at Zarzuela would agree too!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Does this mean that the entire Palma family will be moving to Qatar?

La infanta Cristina continúa con su rutina tras su imputación y la marcha de | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Courtier

He is returning to handball after almost 10 years..Hopefully he will be good in that. And I think Christina will also completely go off radar, so that public memeory will slowly fade over this issue..
Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
He is returning to handball after almost 10 years..Hopefully he will be good in that. And I think Christina will also completely go off radar, so that public memeory will slowly fade over this issue..

He cannot avoid prosecution by running away to Qatar. If the judge thinks he should be prosecuted, then he will need to attend court, regardless of this job offer. Any other course will have the public saying that JC has pulled strings to save members of his family.

This could make the situation worse.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

No. At least not for the time being and till this School year Ends. That's what the other article said. However, I am wondering whether this might offer a nice way for the Urdangarin couple to get dissolve their marriage eventually. First living apart for some time and then claiming to be estranged ...

Edit: Name misspelling
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Nobility

I have read this thread for months but have little to say. It seems at this point, Cristina will eventually walk away from this divorced or stripped or all royal titles and her place in the line of succession.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Divorce? Huh..Be a "happy couple" as long as he gets illegal money, buys you big houses and all, And when he is caught, then divorce him pretending you had no idea what he is doing all these days and how is getting you this lifestyle..Cool Idea..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
No. At least not for the time being and till this School year Ends. That's what the other article said. However, I am wondering whether this might offer a nice way for the Urdangarin couple to get dissolve their marriage eventually. First living apart for some time and then claiming to be estranged ...

Edit: Name misspelling
Well, you are not the only one to think so.
A lot of people in Spain are convinced that the job offer is the first step to a divorce.
Apparently the relation between the infanta and her husband is irreparably damaged.
Not only because of their corruption problems but also because of marital problems.
Insiders knew already for a long time that the couple had problems with faithfullness.
Now that Andrew Morton's book about the spanish ladies made things public I can imagine what will happen next.

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal