The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Aristocracy

I think that Felipe and Letizia will come out looking pretty good after all this.They have (as far as I can tell) kept their noses clean, done what is required of them in a professional and discreet manner so I think the public will accept them as the future King and Queen. Letizia seems to be able to read the public mood and dresses in a professional way but not ostentatious way.I wouldn't be surprised if the king abdicates for health reasons though.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish royal family plunged into crisis as Princess Cristina is dragged into corruption case - Telegraph
In A First, Spanish Princess Cristina To Appear In Court Over Husband's Corruption Case
Spanish Princess Named Suspect in Criminal Case - WSJ.com

Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Ouch! If this continues, you can put this board soon under non-reigning Houses
I feel so bad for the rest of the family, especially Felipe.
I don't feel sorry for anyone.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Christina is to be questioned by the court on the 27th of April | Spletnik.ru
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

More on the Infanta!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Royal Highness

This is such a mess and it's definitely not bettering the already vulnerable Spanish monarchy. I hope it wont effect the way the public view Elena and Felipe (and Letizia). I don't think that they should be held accountant for their sister and brother-in-law's (and father's for that matter, but that's a different topic) actions.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I only fell sorry for the little ones...hope they can get over this and be happy...
Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Majesty

The Associated Press:
BREAKING: Spanish court names king's daughter Princess Cristina as suspect in corruption case
6:55am - 3 Apr 13
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
I don't feel sorry for anyone. The king and they queen are specially to blame. They both know what was happening and protected the couple. The queen mistress made business with Iñaki. The queen is separated from the king and liives travelling around the world with the spaniard's money and has been supporting them this whole time...
The king has a secret account in Switzeland and doesn't pay taxes, he goes hunting elephants in secret...

Elena and Felipe they all knew what was happening.

I don't know of a single reason to feel sorry about any of them. Maybe because is the money from my taxes they are stealing...
Did actually the King and Queen know about this?? That changes everything IMO
Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know what exactly is there in those e-mails..
I mean where they directly to or from Christina, with mention of the diverting of funds?
Or were they exchanged between others with contents indicating that Christina is aware (or even told) of these diversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Elena and Felipe they all knew what was happening.The king and they queen are specially to blame. They both know what was happening and protected the couple..
Once you start thinking about these, there is no end to questioning/speculating.. We can go on saying..
Wife will know what husband is doing..
Siblings will know what sister is doing..
Father will know what kids are doing..
The first scenario is OK but lets leave Elena, Felipe, and Their Majesties out of this for good.
They would have perfectly known what happend (or was happening), but they neither encouraged or promoted it. They cant be responsible for morality of these two grown-ups..

You just cant expect The King to go to police station and say my son-in-law and daughter are frauds. Arrest them. Be realistic. Nothing such perfect exists or is expected in this world.
They tried to get rid of the couple from the scene and packed them off hoping it will end for good (We dont know how much strength the King needed to throw out his very popular daughter from the scene and rehabilitate them somewhere...Thats the best he could do.
Unfortunately bad times brought the hell for everybody..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
No we don't know and shouldn't speculate unless we have the evidence before us,I'll be removing any further speculative posts .
Old 04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
I think that Felipe and Letizia will come out looking pretty good after all this.They have (as far as I can tell) kept their noses clean, done what is required of them in a professional and discreet manner so I think the public will accept them as the future King and Queen. Letizia seems to be able to read the public mood and dresses in a professional way but not ostentatious way.I wouldn't be surprised if the king abdicates for health reasons though.
I believe the same. I do hope that Felipe and Letizia have kept their noses clean. I do really like them both and would be very sad if it came to light they did know something. A part of me hopes that the King can get his strength back and be a good leader for Spain again, but a part of me hopes that within the next 6-8 months he abdicates.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
A part of me hopes that the King can get his strength back and be a good leader for Spain again, but a part of me hopes that within the next 6-8 months he abdicates.
What has his abdication to do with the present case? It is not going to solve anything at all..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Of course they knew. They are several mails from Iñaki that say it.

This is not speculation, is a fact admited by the judge in the judicial decree that has been released today and makes Cristina a suspect, so please, don't delete it.
Judge Castro states that one of the reason for making Cristina a suspect is that since the king knew of the suspects activities of his son in law, he finds hard to believe that he didn't tell his daughter.

You can read about it in page 11:
http://ep00.epimg.net/descargables/2...707945c3ca.pdf
Old 04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
No we don't know and shouldn't speculate unless we have the evidence before us,I'll be removing any further speculative posts .
It's not speculation. The judge states so.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
They are married and has a couple she should know everything her husband does...
Really?? I think you will that is true in very very few cases.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

BBC News - Spanish princess to face court in corruption inquiry

BBC News has reported on this subject today.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

Reuters is reporting she has been charged as an accomplice.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Majesty

I wonder what effect all of this has had on their marriage? Are they still together and in love and all of that?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Courtier

I don`t get this at all, Cristina and Inaki is living a luxury life, and then they do this? How greedy can you be ??

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal