Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Spain a lot of people believe that Cristina is the brains and her husband a complice in this corruption scandal

Can you provide links to back up your claims please!

I do not think anyone thinks that.

The real brains in this story was Torres, he was the one with business and economic knowledge, and who had been his teacher in a business school. His wife and brother in law were also very active in the business. He created the origin of Noos and then Urdangarín joined as "face" of the project.

Another thing is that Cristina were accustomed to a lifestyle she wanted to keep, and for that she needed money. Iñaki got used to that life, to end his career as an athlete his ego needed something to shine and earn money and Torres offered the way to get it easily.

Please note that speculative posts will be deleted,please stick to facts!

Another thing is that Cristina were accustomed to a lifestyle she wanted to keep, and for that she needed money. Iñaki got used to that life, to end his career as an athlete his ego needed something to shine and earn money and Torres offered the way to get it easily.

I think that this whole thing was pursued by Inaki because he wanted to be 'somebody' and show that he could provide for his family on his own. Its an EGO thing. In fact, Inaki had never provided for his family before Noos, because whatever lifestyle the family had, it was certainly not financed by Inaki, the Handballer.

Its likely that he was subject to some pressure to change that, as the King had offered him the Laureus job with a yearly income of 200.000 Euros, that he turned down. He was stupid and arrogant enough to think he could make a lot more money on his own with his own brains.

Even if the 200.000 Euros would not have been enough, the Kings would have stepped in, pay for the children etc or provide Cristina with another 'job'. But that wasnt the way Inaki wanted things to be, he wanted to show the royals how good he is on his own (of course by using his SIL position to his advantage).

The real brains in this story was Torres.

Cristina was accustomed to a lifestyle she wanted to keep, and for that she needed money. Iñaki got used to that life, to end his career as an athlete his ego needed something to shine and earn money and Torres offered the way to get it easily.
You honestly feel that bad Torres took innocent, loving, sweet Cristina and Inaki and turned them into law breakers? I can't go for that. The greed and self-centered personality had to already be in them. Even though Cristina is not charged with anything yet [only forced to answer questions under oath before court] there HAS to be something in papers or emails that the court finds a bit tainted. Questions must be answered about things they found. I personally feel that Cristina has a stronger personality than Inaki and she felt with her high class life as a Royal, no one should ever question her. Her personality is rather close to her father -- who although did great things for Spain -- has a self-centered and extremely indulgent private life which sometimes is quite vile against his wife.

Can you provide links to back up your claims please!

Two years ago I was in Madrid to visit my daughter who was studying there.
She took me to a party with a lot of students.
I was astonished about the very negative reactions not only on Inaki but more towards Cristina.
I heard that that opinion was widely spread in the student world.
And that was two years ago before the imputation.

To create Noos and do what they did, they must have economic, legal and tax knowledge that Iñaki and Cristina did no have. They saw easy money and took advantage, but the real brain, true counselors were Torres and Tejeiro, because that was their profession. They all were too ambitious and unintelligent.

For example, declaring personal expenses as business expenses has been a relatively common practice among many famous people ... because for a time there was a loophole that many tax advisors used. Now many people are paying fines of thousands of euros for use that route.

Cristina is widely seen as having a strong personality, who wanted to live according to her royal status.
Inaki is seen as the not so bright guy who tried to fullfill his wife's wishes

Being the son in law of the king, Urdangarín could have won a lot of money easily and legally (as Jaime de Marichalar). But his ego, ambition and evil counselors made ​​him make many mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spanish paper praises judicial system

Spanish paper praises judicial system. | Royalty in the News

Princess Cristina to be quizzed by judge over expenses

Princess Cristina to be quizzed by judge over expenses | Royalty in the News

The Infanta Cristina met with her attorneys in preparing her defense

http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actualidad/10-01-2014/105594/casasreales/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tra...alidad/10-01-2014/105594/casasreales/&act=url

The Infanta Cristina meets with her lawyers to prepare her defense

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/2014011069092/infanta-cristina-reunion-abogados/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tra...92/infanta-cristina-reunion-abogados/&act=url

Charged for money laundering and tax fraud
The Infanta Cristina eats at Zarzuela after preparing her defense in Barcelona
The middle child of the King, who has been charged by Judge Castro for money laundering and tax fraud, traveled Thursday January 9 to Barcelona to meet with her lawyer, Miquel Roca, and prepare their defense strategies. This Friday met with Reyes in Zarzuela.

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia-r...ada-por-blanqueo-de-capitales-y-delito-fiscal

https://translate.google.com.tr/tra...blanqueo-de-capitales-y-delito-fiscal&act=url

Last edited:
Being the son of the king, Urdangarín could have won a lot of money easily and legally (as Jaime de Marichalar). But his ego, ambition and evil counselors made ​​him make many mistakes.

Even if it is legal I don't like people to earn their money simply because they are married to a king's daughter
Inaki could have earned money honestly by finishing his studies and apply for a decent job, what he probably would have done if he had not met the king's daughter.
Cristina wanted everything quickly. She was already over 30 when she met Inaki.
She wanted a husband, children, whealth and her royal status.
In a high-speed of time she got what she wanted.
I don't know if young Inaki was ready for that.

BTW ask dutch Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven about marrying a Queen's daughter.
He had a hard time before he earned his place inside the royal family and had his own job.

I feel so bad for the Urdangarín children, they are going to grow up in this shadow and it is going to follow them into adulthood. Shame on their parents if it turns out to be true, they had more opportunity then most to do things legally and still have a good life. That is why gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins!!

Princess Cristina must answer some tricky questions. Why did she pay her domestic staff in black? Why did her company hire “ghost” employees who did nothing? Why did she rent out part of her luxurious Barcelona mansion to the same, staff-less company? Was a €1.2m ($1.6m) transfer from her father a loan, or a gift kept hidden from the exchequer? Was she really unaware of how her husband allegedly laundered the money he received from public contracts via a non-profit company whose board she served on and into their joint company, or did their luxurious lifestyle depend on lying?
Spain's monarchy A royal mess The Economist

Princess Cristina must answer some tricky questions. Why did she pay her domestic staff in black? Why did her company hire “ghost” employees who did nothing? Why did she rent out part of her luxurious Barcelona mansion to the same, staff-less company? Was a €1.2m ($1.6m) transfer from her father a loan, or a gift kept hidden from the exchequer? Was she really unaware of how her husband allegedly laundered the money he received from public contracts via a non-profit company whose board she served on and into their joint company, or did their luxurious lifestyle depend on lying?
Wow! I wouldn't want be the one answering those questions, that's for sure. This is not going to be pleasant for the Infanta, whatever the outcome.

Wow! I wouldn't want be the one answering those questions, that's for sure. This is not going to be pleasant for the Infanta, whatever the outcome.
She will have excellent attorneys that will tell her exactly what and what not to say. Her lawyers will already have their briefs on the exact charges and documentations supporting those charges. It is her legal teams responsibility to try and make those claims seem silly or wrong. I am sure she will come out of this very well by the end of this year, which will cause a ton of conspiracy theories. That seems to be the common reaction to these cases in modern times. I believe her husband will not come off so well. Time to start looking under the rug.

She will have excellent attorneys that will tell her exactly what and what not to say. Her lawyers will already have their briefs on the exact charges and documentations supporting those charges. It is her legal teams responsibility to try and make those claims seem silly or wrong. I am sure she will come out of this very well by the end of this year, which will cause a ton of conspiracy theories. That seems to be the common reaction to these cases in modern times. I believe her husband will not come off so well. Time to start looking under the rug.

Oh, yeah. She will be rehearsed to the hilt. Daddy must be payin' big time for these suits.

The real brains in this story was Torres, he was the one with business and economic knowledge, and who had been his teacher in a business school. His wife and brother in law were also very active in the business. He created the origin of Noos and then Urdangarín joined as "face" of the project.

To create Noos and do what they did, they must have economic, legal and tax knowledge that Iñaki and Cristina did no have. They saw easy money and took advantage, but the real brain, true counselors were Torres and Tejeiro, because that was their profession. They all were too ambitious and unintelligent

i do NOT agree that the brains of this was tejeiro and torres.

are you saying that world-travelled, well-educated, well-connected cristina does not understand basic economics or the tax laws of her own country where her father is king? and even if they really have no clue about these subjects... are you really implying that they got dragged into this and they never even hesitated whether this was right behaviour? i believe even if the dumbest person got dragged into this, they would ask for assistance to understand what's going on and whether they are acting rightly. and this is the daughter of the king of spain we talk about: any assistance would have been available to them to clarify any doubts they may have on their business.so no, my opinion is that they knew very well what they got into. they just thought they could get away with it because of who they were.

maybe you wanted to say that torres brought the knowledge with him, but he was definitely not the brains of this.

these are all very valid questions, yet today cristina's lawyers dared release a communicate saying that she has "nothing to hide to the investigating judge or the Spanish society". shocking, violent and not very dignified behaviour at all. at least as of now, she really does have lots of things to prove, and so does her husband.
this is the article:
http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/2014011169110/infanta-cristina-comparece-voluntaria-

last, elmundo reports that letizia's engagement ring was bought by torres and iñaki, using public money. felipe asked cristina to pick the ring up, but her being sick, it was iñaki who picked it up with torres, and torres paid for it with the aizoon card. felipe never paid them back, which makes letizia's ring a piece paid for with corrupt money. since the start of the case, letizia has not worn the ring in sign of her disapproval, and the article says she has never forgiven felipe and iñaki for this.

http://www.elmundo.es/loc/2014/01/09/52cda85c268e3e702e8b4583.html

Last edited:
Infanta Cristina has decided to waive the right to appeal after their complaint on 7th January and will voluntarily appear before the investigating judge of Nóos case, Jose Castro, on the date specified by him for that purpose, today announced their lawyers on a statement.

Caso Urdangarin: La infanta Cristina no recurrirá la imputación y declarará por el caso Nóos | Política | EL PAÍS

Hola

La infanta Cristina renuncia al recurso y comparecerá voluntariamente ante el juez

Just because she has decided to waive the right to appeal and "voluntarily" appear does in no way prove that lawyers are not, even now, prepping her. Telling her exactly what to say or not to say. Claims are public judicial papers. She will still be coached on exactly what path to take. I personally believe this statement was made, on advice, to get public backing.

elmundo reports that letizia's engagement ring was bought by torres and iñaki, using public money. felipe asked cristina to pick the ring up, but her being sick, it was iñaki who picked it up with torres, and torres paid for it with the aizoon card. felipe never paid them back, which makes letizia's ring a piece paid for with corrupt money. since the start of the case, letizia has not worn the ring in sign of her disapproval, and the article says she has never forgiven felipe and iñaki for this.

El tab del anillo de Letizia comprado por Iaki | loc | EL MUNDO
How reliable is this information. Is it "hear-say" or do they have actual documentation that Torres paid for it and Torres was never reimbursed for the purchase.
Is this another way to get Felipe and Letizia involved in this scandal? Was this information public years ago or just since Inaki and Cristina ran into trouble?

Oh, there's just gotta be a way to drag Letizia into all this, there just has to be.

That way, she'll be the only one who goes to prison while everyone else retires to their yacht. :p

Oh, there's just gotta be a way to drag Letizia into all this, there just has to be.

That way, she'll be the only one who goes to prison while everyone else retires to their yacht. :p

If it has to do with her engagement ring she will be dragged into it:flowers: The article isn't critical of her at all.

The ring story was published more than a year ago. It was said by Diego Torres in a book, but really throughout the investigation has not shown any invoice or receipt of credit card showing that the story was true.

Carlota, an infanta does not need to have knowledge of "fiscal engineering", usually people do not have much knowledge on these issues unless you are expert in administration or tax issues. As I have said what she did was a practice that many tax consultants used because the legislation was not very clear, and years later many people have had to pay fines for the same cause.

Torres brother in law was the tax advisor of Noos and the Palma. That is, the professionals who advised them were also involved personally and professionally in all this.

Obviously Iñaki and Cristina were stupid and confident,they had easy money and did not think more. They could have sought advice on other professionals, but did not. Then Cristina is doubly guilty, because being a infanta should have made sure that everything these people did was legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom