Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
Originally Posted by lula
Spain prosecutor opposes indicting king's daughter

AFP: Spain prosecutor opposes indicting king's daughter

Is this a surprise, of course not, she is a king's daughter and will get away with anything that comes her way. After all she is *royal* and this is only because it was an accident of birth, not because she deserves to be royal. Just what does the word *royal* mean and does it have any responsibilities with it when in that position? This is disturbing.........I don't care who you are in life, nobody is better then the next person. *Respect is not a given in life because a person has money, position, power or title, Respect is given ONLY by how you treat other people*. Sugar sometimes turns sour!

this morning newspaper el mundo reported that iñaki and torres were trying to pact with the judge a reduction of the time they would be in prison for. inaki was quoted as supposedly saying he proposed to the judge a 2 year stay in prison at most, while torres had proposed 4 years with the condition his wife is not imputed at all. a normal sentence for this sort of crime is approximately 15 years of prison.

the article is not available anymore, although la voz de galicia now denies such pact in this article.

La Fiscalía niega que Urdangarin le plantease un pacto para eludir la cárcel

this article quotes urdangarin's lawyer saying he would "never" go into prison.

El abogado de Urdangarn: "Nunca entrar en la crcel" - Libertad Digital

It would be very strange indeed if you could negocitate your time in prison, whoever you are !!!!

It would be very strange indeed if you could negocitate your time in prison, whoever you are !!!!

not at all. especially offenses like money laundering, tax offences etc (of course within certain boundaries) you can do a deal with the authorities if you open up and pay back. imo this is business as usual in many countries. for example in germany it was possible for a long time to defo avoid prison if you denounce yourself and pay the money back.

more on this:

this article from el mundo says that cristina paid, with aizoon money, for:
- the sushi for her own birthday party
- birthday decorations with baloons for the birthdays of her kids
- a coaching course for her.

this other article from diarioinformation also reports she paid for wine for them and meals for their security staff, a trip to rome, harry potter books, a three-day stay in the hotel "hotel de Cuquerella", a safari for inaki and cristina in mozambique and in south africa (staying at Guests Pestana Kruger Lodge), and several meals during their trips... all with public money.

i hope it's only a matter of time until they convict her also.

La polica revela que la Infanta pag con dinero pblico el sushi para su cumpleaos | Baleares | EL MUNDO
http://www.diarioinformacion.com/noticias-hoy/compras-infanta-cristina.html
http://www.elperiodico.com/es/notic...aizoon-safari-clases-infanta-cristina-2749727

Last edited:
not at all. especially offenses like money laundering, tax offences etc (of course within certain boundaries) you can do a deal with the authorities if you open up and pay back. imo this is business as usual in many countries. for example in germany it was possible for a long time to defo avoid prison if you denounce yourself and pay the money back.

You can negotiate a plea deal for just about ANYTHING with the prosecutor here in the U.S., and you are correct, the main concern is restitution. It happens all the time. It's cheaper on the taxpayer than conducting a trial.

The dirty little secret here in the U.S. is that there is simply insufficient tax revenue to incarcerate people. I am assuming that the same holds true in Spain where people with Masters degrees can't find work.

My guess is that there will be a plea deal here that involves no prison and full restitution.

this article summarises the expenses that cristina and iñaki have paid with public money from aizoon, which they had gotten from services which were not provided. the article highlights all the private expenditure which was paid with public money. they mention this allowed C+I to pay less tax for aizoon, as if they spent more, the profits of the entreprise decreased.

""La vida de una infanta segn sus facturas | EL MUNDO

In a writ made public on Tuesday, prosecutor Pedro Horrach accused Judge José Castro of pursuing the infanta for who she is, not for what she has done.
"It is a basic principle of criminal law that you cannot implicate or punish anyone for what he is but for what he has done," Horrach said in the writ.
Prosecutor claims judge in Urdangarin case is biased against princess In English EL PAÍS

The anti-corruption Prosecutor shall acknowledge to Urdangarín of six offences punished with up to 23 years in prison
Urdangarín podría ser acusado a penas que sumarían 23 años de cárcel – España – Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de España en lainformacion.com
Translation

Well, 23 years, that sounds brutal. Everyone knows, that this will not happen like this. I think, too, that there will be a plea deal. I am really interested to hear, who will cover the cost (I assume, the king will secretly help - financial-wise)..... However a "black spot" on their Reputation will remain forever on the couple.
Bye Bine

Well, 23 years, that sounds brutal. Everyone knows, that this will not happen like this. I think, too, that there will be a plea deal. I am really interested to hear, who will cover the cost (I assume, the king will secretly help - financial-wise)..... However a "black spot" on their Reputation will remain forever on the couple.
Bye Bine

No it wont, and sounds far too harsh. I mean, even for crimes like manslaughter you get out of prison much earlier. Some perspective is needed here. IMO Inaki will pay back whatever he is asked to pay back. It will be interesting what deal will be made: prison, suspended sentence, criminal record or nothing at all.

On another note, how long will this case drag on? I have the impression that this whole issue takes much longer than one would expect such a case to last.

The case is still in the process of instruction according to the press that will close in a few weeks, probably will not even be a trial within a year. Justice in Spain is slow and fairly saturated with corruption. The case of Iñaki is linked to other political corruption cases and the overall process is very complicated.

The case is still in the process of instruction according to the press that will close in a few weeks, probably will not even be a trial within a year. Justice in Spain is slow and fairly saturated with corruption. The case of Iñaki is linked to other political corruption cases and the overall process is very complicated.

Thanks - I can only speak for Germany, things go much quicker there. We've had high profile tax evasion cases and people will usually buy themselves out. The latest one is the case of FC Bayern president Hoeness, the case became public knowledge beginning of this year. The amount of money concerned is too much to just do a buy-out. The trial will be coming March with whatever outcome, but all in all the issue is being done with in less than 2 years. Inaki's case is now public knowledge for more than 2 years, no trial in sight.

American Spanish speaking newspaper has now called also for a quick closure on this sorry case. They are quite upset that no one is taking responsibility. Rather they are passing the blame on to others, even Letizia. The once lovers of Inaki and Cristina have now started to call them spoiled and self-centered. One reporter even stated she was hurt by their actions as she always thought they were perfect in every way. Found out that her idols had feet of clay.

I feel so sorry for those children. This case will hangover their heads all their lives. Not right, but will always be brought up.

Just don't understand what Cristina and Inaki were thinking to even cause all this trouble. They had everything at one time.

From the beginning I think she was involved... I mean she knew about everything, she is is wife... it is supposed to know everything her husband does...she must know...othjerwise if it was a surprise and he is really involved she should divorce him.. and that didn't happen so she is involved...in my opinion

I don't see how a divorce would change anything.....

Rominet,
Remember a few years ago our Prince Laurent was asked to go to the Court for a Marine scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom