The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Urdagarín´s former partner says that the Royal House always supervised Noos.
Diego Torres says that Duke´s attorney offered him "money and work" if he took all the blame.
In a e-mail, Urdangarín tells Corinna: "Like my father-in-law told you".
Among the new documentation is a letter from the King in seeking a sponsor.

Article:
Traductor de Google

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Oh, oh!
If the Royal House supervised Noos from the beginning, if the King knew and actually helped Inaki... This is getting uglier by day.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Urdagarín´s former partner says that the Royal House always supervised Noos.
Diego Torres says that Duke´s attorney offered him "money and work" if he took all the blame.
In a e-mail, Urdangarín tells Corinna: "Like my father-in-law told you".
Among the new documentation is a letter from the King in seeking a sponsor.

Article:
Traductor de Google
Regarding the Duke's attorney's offer; Holy, holy, holy cow! In the U.S. that's called witness tampering.

IMO, the whole royal house is going down. Sorry if that's considered off-topic, but to me both subjects are simply intertwined at this point that it will be impossible to separate the two.

Thanks to those proficient in Spanish who are keeping us updated!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, Inaki a major crook and now the King involved. Not so surprising, looks like Humpty Dumpty is about to take a major dive right off his palace walls. Thats what happens when you get a bit too comfortable and cocky thinking you are all that and a bag of chips. Good time for a wake up call Juan Carlos dont you think?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Oh, oh!
If the Royal House supervised Noos from the beginning, if the King knew and actually helped Inaki... This is getting uglier by day.
A royal can of worms is opening up
Old 02-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Assuming Senor Torres is telling the absolute truth here, the SRF can hardly be surprised by his testimony - in fact it was surely anticipated.

Has he spoken about Cristina yet?
Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Has he spoken about Cristina yet?
He has.
From the article I posted before:
"Torres hasn´t hit especially the involvement of both (Cristina and Revenga), according to sources, but he has been explicit and meticulous when it comes to exposing the operation of the foundation and has made clear that, when incorporated in assembly, it was under the guardianship of the Infanta Cristina. He has stated that both the King's daughter as his adviser were members of the board of the company and had a role as active as the other members. He also stated that José Manuel Romero Moreno, Earl of Fontao, were required to "covered the face" of the role of the Duke."

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Diego Torres has had a year to prepare his declaration... he has brought controversy, but no data that could involve legal charges. He wants the media scandal, for months he is playing with that.

Obviously the Royal Family and the House of the King knew that Iñaki had a non-profit association (that was Noos) dedicated to promoting the sport. And obviously Iñaki has sought help of relatives and acquaintances to find contacts and promote their activities. And many people worked with him in good faith, because it was supposed nonprofit.

The trouble is that the association was not well managed, contracts and invoices were not entirely legal, and the money was diverted... and many people who could work with him had no idea of that. Most data are now known only after a thorough judicial and tax investigation.

The press looks for scandalous news and gossip, and often forget the main thing is the data that really matter to justice.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately, the old saying "where's there's smoke, there's fire" comes into play. Whatever the precise details, the whole thing is becoming more and more toxic by the day. The general 'stench', along with the economic crisis, leaves the SRF in a very perilous position.

I know I'm beating a dead horse by this stage, and others here have told me I'm basically mad/stupid/ignorant, but I continue to feel that an abdication is increasingly the only chance the Borbons have of radically changing the narrative, without which I think they're probably doomed.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sometimes I would like to be several years older to see what happened in this bad soap opera
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Courtier

I smell "I'm abdicating because I'm ill" coming sooner rather than later. It may be the only way to get a breath of fresh air into this situation.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Maybe not Washington or the US,but perhaps somewhere in Europe...like Ireland where I'm the only one who'd know who they are
I live right around the corner from their house in Washington, and I can tell you that no one paid them any notice here. I saw Christina in the grocery store several times, and she appeared to go about her business alone without any attention. (Other than me, who nearly walked into a wall when I realized who she was. :-) )

I don't know if I ever saw the children, but people who live in the neighborhood or sent their kids to the same school said they were very typical, down-to-earth kids.

I hope for their sake, their parents' problems don't change that.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Diego Torres has had a year to prepare his declaration... he has brought controversy, but no data that could involve legal charges. He wants the media scandal, for months he is playing with that.

Obviously the Royal Family and the House of the King knew that Iñaki had a non-profit association (that was Noos) dedicated to promoting the sport. And obviously Iñaki has sought help of relatives and acquaintances to find contacts and promote their activities. And many people worked with him in good faith, because it was supposed nonprofit.

The trouble is that the association was not well managed, contracts and invoices were not entirely legal, and the money was diverted... and many people who could work with him had no idea of that. Most data are now known only after a thorough judicial and tax investigation.

The press looks for scandalous news and gossip, and often forget the main thing is the data that really matter to justice.
There's a fine line between "networking" and using connections effectively and exploiting for personal gain. Inaki seems to have crossed that line, although I keep hoping we'll learn that there are more innocent explanations.

The king is in a bind, though. It might be more effective for him to stay in place until the whole scandal unfolds, so nothing comes out to tarnish Felipe's reign.

And, things may turn around yet. Public opinion swings both ways. It's so low now -- for the king, Inaki, and the whole establishment -- it has nowhere to go but up.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has Inaki had his day in court yet? There does not seem to be any information from his side of the story. His partner is covering his own behind and can be expected to put spin on it that will color the royal family very poorly. Obviously there were less than ethical dealings going on but I will wait for all involved to tell their side.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=GracieGiraffe;1517735]Regarding the Duke's attorney's offer; Holy, holy, holy cow! In the U.S. that's called witness tampering.

He is one of the defendents, not a witness. No witness tampering here.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Has Inaki had his day in court yet? There does not seem to be any information from his side of the story. His partner is covering his own behind and can be expected to put spin on it that will color the royal family very poorly. Obviously there were less than ethical dealings going on but I will wait for all involved to tell their side.
Inaki appeared before the court a year ago, on February 6 and 23, 2012.
In a week's time, on February 23, he will testify again. Although I am rather more interesting to hear Carlos Garcia Revenga's testimony.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Iñaki and his partner clearly crossed the line, and there is much evidence to prove their economic crimes that they are desperately seeking escape.

Urdangarín accuses Diego Torres, Diego Torres the Royal House, because he believes that is the only way to save himself. For many people Diego Torres is trying to extort the Royal House, creating a media controversy with private emails that really have little legal validity.

Diego Torres based his defense on the shield of the Royal House knew their projects... but one thing is to know the projects and other knowing the illegal things they did after with the money. In his statement, Diego Torres was unable to explain or clarify anything about economic crimes of which he is accused... and there is extensive documentation that accuses him.

Noos was not a private company, was a non-profit organization. People who collaborated with them, including members of the Royal Family are not guilty of his managers then prove fraudsters. You can not judge things eight years later and with a lot of information previously unknown.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

i think that they should cal the Infanta to the court and just listen what she knows about it...well Inaki ruined the spanish royal credebility that'S for sure!!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here we say "jamais deux sans trois" meaning never two without three... there has been Beatrix, the Pope.... and now the King of Spain ????
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t think he´s going to abdicate any time soon. That only would increase the scandal, IMO. I think for now the best option is letting the things be.

As much as I think that JC´s abdication is the only thing that could save the monarchy right now.

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal