The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2012, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its getting very close to the court date,I wonder if Don Inaki is back in Spain?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its getting very close to the court date,I wonder if Don Inaki is back in Spain?
Yes, Iñaki and Cristina are in Spain

Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Yes, Iñaki and Cristina are in Spain
Many thanks.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think she was just letting off steam,I can imagine that she's sick & tired of being asked the same questions over & over about the Duke of Palma. I still would love to have seen HRH telling that reporter to 'shut up'
Has the reporter been seen since or is he still recovering. ?

More seriously, how long is this investigation expected to take. ?
Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Inaki Urdangarin Lawyer Talks To Press In Barcelona - February 21, 2012
Getty Images - Search: ESP: Inaki Urdangarin Lawyer Talks To Press In Barcelona - February 21, 2012#
Old 02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Inaki Urdangarin to Testify in Spanish Fraud Inquiry
Getty Images - Search: ESP: Inaki Urdangarin to Testify in Spanish Fraud Inquiry#
Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

In my belgian newspaper it s written ? that Inaki has to go walking like a normal Citizen to the Judge ’s Office ?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

I think most of SRF members must think Infanta Pilar should "shut up" sometimes... Her comments don't help a lot...
And, about blaming the gossip programs for Iñaki's situation it's not fair, really. Of course, these programs are hateful and terrible treating the information but also the serious media have spread the whole situation and I do not blame them.
About Spanish justice... I would like to think be are all equal for the law, but there's people in jail for less than what Iñaki is supposed to have done... And I have no doubt that his punishment will be these last three or four months, that probably have been a hell for him... I do not think the judge is going to condemn him (a penalty, at most). And most of people will say it's because he's not guilty but most of us will think it's because who he is...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
In my belgian newspaper it s written ? that Inaki has to go walking like a normal Citizen to the Judge ’s Office ?
I do not understand... I think it's normal if he arrives to the Judge's Office like any other citizen. This would be the only thing in which he will be an equal, so... (well, I hope, probably they will find the way to spare him the humiliation...)
Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
I do not understand... I think it's normal if he arrives to the Judge's Office like any other citizen. This would be the only thing in which he will be an equal, so... (well, I hope, probably they will find the way to spare him the humiliation...)
Obviously he is not that equal ...

Amid fevered speculation that the duke will receive special treatment because of his royal connections, the investigating magistrate last week accepted a petition that his statement be heard behind closed doors and without the usual procedure of video recording the session.
He may also be allowed to be driven into the court building to avoid walking past the scores of press expected to gather for the hearing.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

For those who understand Spanish... We have just watched on TV in Spain a special program about Iñaki.
You'll find it here

http://www.lasexta.com

The program is called "laSexta Columna" and they've done a special program about Iñaki. You can not watch it right now, I've tried and it's not available yet... Maybe tomorrow!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin arrive at the Marivent Palace in Palma de Mallorca

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ko34G/610x.jpg
Old 02-25-2012, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nothing like a criminal scandal to start the hair turning grey, Inaki looks "worse for wear" in these pics, IMO!
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Nothing like a criminal scandal to start the hair turning grey, Inaki looks "worse for wear" in these pics, IMO!
He's had that grey/white streak in his hair for many years now,but he does look very tired.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Inaki Urdangarin, the husband of Princess Cristina, and his lawyer Mario Pascual Vives arrive at the courthouse of Palma de Mallorca to give evidence during the 'Palma Arena trial' on February 25, 2012 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. The son-in-law of King Juan Carlos of Spain, Inaki Urdangarin, Duke of Palma will testify in court over allegations that he misused millions of euros of public funds, allocated to organise sports and tourism events, during his time a chairman of a non-profit foundation from 2004 to 2006. Public prosecutors suspect the non-profit foundation named 'Instituo Noos', headed by Urdangarin, of siphoning away funds from public contracts awarded to companies run by Urdangarin and his business partners

Getty Images - Buscar: ESP: Inaki Urdangarin To Testify in Spanish Fraud Inquiry
Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
He's had that grey/white streak in his hair for many years now,but he does look very tired.
Yes, he looks pretty haggard and tired. I doubt that he or Cristina had much sleep last night.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Some angry looking protesters there
I imagine that Juan Carlos and family are watching these scenes on television. They will not be happy.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
I imagine that Juan Carlos and family are watching these scenes on television. They will not be happy.
No I can't imagine there's much happiness at the moment!

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal