The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Iñaki is not the reason of the crisis, but actions as his and that of his collaborators, they are also in the reasons of the crisis. The economic crisis has many causes. But between these reasons, it is that the politicians were squandering the public money (often for political and economic interests, and not of the citizens), that some of them were corrupt and were prospering with part of this public money and that there was tax evasion.

Iñaki and his partners gained million Euros in public money, and great part of that money it was not even invested in the projects, they did not even benefit the citizens ... part of this money went to their accounts to pay their luxuries. If these millions had been invested in serious projects, if this money had been managed well, it would have helped to create wealth or to create jobs.
I hope justice is served and the guilty parties are punished.

However, has Iñaki ben indicted? I thought he has yet to have a hearing. Is this how it works in Spain - guilty until proven innocent?

Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
The Museum of Wax of Madrid is a little private museum, the wax figures are very bad, it is not Madame Tussauds...it is not an important museum.
The owner only wants to obtain advertising and does this type of things, and calls for the press and creates absurd spectacles. When the divorce, also he did similar things with Jaime de Marichalar's sculpture.
I dont know if its true but I read the the figure changed clothes - from suit to a handball dress - and was put in the sports section.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:59 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with you chuchu, totally. I am disappointed to see how many people in several forums have already passed sentence over him. But, to my surprise, he hasn´t even been enquired in a court of law, in front of judge and jury.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I can only say that the King's reaction and message is a massive indicator of what is to come resp. of what the SRF already knows (most likely for a very long time, when they cut him from Noos and sent him to the US, hoping the issue would be dead and buried once and for all). IF there was any chance Inaki was innocent, the reaction of the SRF would have been different.

And I dont know what will be worse, that he will be convicted because of proven wrongdoing or that he will get off lightly - financial penalty or probation - because of the main guilt being "only" morally or ethically. In this case people will say, oh, he got away because of who he is what will fall back on the SRF, big time.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

This man is doomed. If he is guilty or if he is innocent.
Unless another scandal comes up to take the mind off the very dire European economic crisis.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

I just feel sorry for the king.All his longtime work is now threatened by this scandal and I just wish for overcoming this soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Before there were only press reports, now the information is based on the judicial investigation that is public. Contracts, invoices, emails, letters, finance documentation... with all that information it is impossible for the press or people not to judge.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I dont know if its true but I read the the figure changed clothes - from suit to a handball dress - and was put in the sports section.
Yes, Duke, I also heard somewhere that he was put in the sport's section together with Rafa Nadal!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The corruption trial against former minister Jauma Matas is underway, Inaki to follow
New corruption trial in Spain: ex-minister faces serious charges - Monsters and Critics
Trial begins in giant Spanish corruption scandal < Spanish news | Expatica Spain
Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Cristina won 571,000 euros in three years with the family company Aizoon

La Infanta Cristina invirti en Aizoon 1.500 euros y gan 571.000 | España | elmundo.es
Old 01-13-2012, 04:58 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Infanta Cristina won 571,000 euros in three years with the family company Aizoon

La Infanta Cristina invirti en Aizoon 1.500 euros y gan 571.000 | España | elmundo.es

Are they backing off Cristina because of her royal status ... I think she should at least be questioned as a witness, hopefully JC meant what he said "everybody is equal in front of justice".

The last thing people will believe is that Cristina is a dumb housewife who is convinced that money grows on trees or multiplies like rabbits.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Are they backing off Cristina because of her royal status ... I think she should at least be questioned as a witness, hopefully JC meant what he said "everybody is equal in front of justice".

The last thing people will believe is that Cristina is a dumb housewife who is convinced that money grows on trees or multiplies like rabbits.
Duke, look at this...

Un abogado denuncia a la Infanta Cristina ante la Fiscalía General por las actividades de Aizoon
Old 01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry, here's the translation to the previous article...

Google Traductor
Old 01-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

I see with a lot of worry the situation of the SRF. I think the more people start digging and blaming this one and that one, the more dirt (true or untrue) will accumulate the more perilous it gets. So far, it´s Iñaki and Cristina. Who will be next.? People should really think if they want to create a situation where there will be no return for nobody.
I´m not saying that if there is guilt there shouldn´t be punishment. But we are not talking of ordinary people. Their links to the Queen and King are extremely close.
I remember when there was that awful scandal with princess Margaret, how many steps were taken to preserve her (and thus the Queen)and people only found out many many years later. And believe me that was a very serious thing.
Are you Spaniards really keen to see your Royal Family desintegrate before your
eyes.? Are you ready to face the consequences? To pay the price.?
I´m very scared of this situation. I am a sensitive and even if you don´t believe in such things, please I beg of you don´t let a frontier br crossed from where there will be no return.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
I see with a lot of worry the situation of the SRF. I think the more people start digging and blaming this one and that one, the more dirt (true or untrue) will accumulate the more perilous it gets. So far, it´s Iñaki and Cristina. Who will be next.? People should really think if they want to create a situation where there will be no return for nobody.
I´m not saying that if there is guilt there shouldn´t be punishment. But we are not talking of ordinary people. Their links to the Queen and King are extremely close.
So you want people stop "digging" into Inaki`s dirty business and let him do whatever he pleases? Interesting opinion Do you think that Inaki and Cristina should be forgiven because of who they are? Well, I hope I live in a society where justice is equal for everyone (yes, King`s relatives too). If Inaki and Cristina did someting against the law and if there is enough evidence, I hope they will be punished.

Who will be next? Again, I don`t understand. As far as I know, the Urgandarins are the only members of the family associated with criminal (or at least unethical) activity. The Princes and Infanta Elena have a good reputation which isn`t harmed by the scandal. Even if Inaki was convicted and sent to jail, it wouldn`t ruin the royal family. It would be a scandal, but the Urdandarins aren`t that important. The only really important people for the institution are the Princes. Their credibility, their reputation, their hard work.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
Are you Spaniards really keen to see your Royal Family desintegrate before your
eyes.? Are you ready to face the consequences? To pay the price.?
I´m very scared of this situation. I am a sensitive and even if you don´t believe in such things, please I beg of you don´t let a frontier br crossed from where there will be no return.
Carminha, I really think that fortunately our Royal family is not going to desintegrate because of this scandal. This scandal affects Iñaki Urdangarín and also Infanta Cristina as his wife. There's always been non-monarchists in Spain but this situation has been very well managed by Casa Real. The King's reaction taking distance from suspicious and non exemplary behaviours has been very effective. People liked the King's reaction, what he said in Christmas Eve's speech saying that justice have to be equal for all Spaniards and look at the reaction of the members of Parliament: they all support the King. So, I think the situation is not a real risk for the future of Monarchy.

But I think it's a risk for the future of Cristina and Iñaki's family. This week there's a Spanish magazine claiming that Queen Sofia, cries a lot in private because of the situation. Well, obviously, as a mother and grandmother, she sees this scandal puts in great danger her daughter's reputation and the work she has done for decades. Which mother is not going to be worried for her children?

These last years Prince Felipe has worked a lot in order to have a more important role. Here, in Spain, there are many people that define themselves as "juancarlistas" (Juan Carlos supporter's), more than monarchists themselves. And that's the great challenge of Prince Felipe and the real "risk" (if it can be considered a risk) to convince this people that he can make also a good work and that he is the perfect alternative after his father... There are still many sceptics...
Old 01-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

The Prince and his wife are not strong figures.
I have read many people who are Spanish and cannot stand either one.
May I be entirely wrong in what I said, previously.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This discussion is turning into an arguement & veering off topic.Please note this is a thread on Inaki's former business investigated in a corruption case any further posts which are off topic or speculative will be deleted.

Regards
Old 01-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Aristocracy

La Caixa entregó esta semana al juez toda la documentación requerida sobre las cuentas del duque de

The translation:

Google Traductor
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

More...

El agradecimiento de Nos a Urdangarin: 'Ha enriquecido enormemente el Instituto' | España | elmundo.es

The translation

Google Traductor

El juez indaga si Gonzlez Pons contrat a Urdangarin mediante entidades 'pantalla' | Valencia | elmundo.es

The translation

Google Traductor

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal