First Communion of Miguel Urdangarín: May 28, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strange not to see Princess Irene of Greece,maybe she was there but I didn't see her in any photos .
Maybe, I didn't see infante Carlos in the pictures but every article mentions him, maybe they didn't pose for these photos.

Wonderful photos, it's been great seeing the family again, everybody looked very good, the Queen, the Princess, the Infantas and the Urdangarín ladies :flowers:

The King of Spain really likes Princess Christina's boys .
I wonder if he likes Prince Felipe's daughters on the same way ?

hmm, thats a bit mean to say. i think all of the grandparents (aka: grandfather JC) loves his grandchildren the same and the most. but this was Miguel big day, let have him more attention!!!
im sure that when Leonor gets her first communion, we will get amazing pictures with the King and Queen, they are even her godparents!!
5 months isnt much, the difference is quite a lot. Anyway, the SRF will have some giant women in the next generation (Sofia, Leonor, Irene, Victoria)
yes 5 months isnt that long, i doubt that in 5 months time Leonor will grow that tall. however, i still think that Sofia will be the most tallest of the girls, just look at it, shes just 4 years old and shes the same height as her sister! (and she even was with her head down)

Last edited:
Maybe, I didn't see infante Carlos in the pictures but every article mentions him, maybe they didn't pose for these photos.

Wonderful photos, it's been great seeing the family again, everybody looked very good, the Queen, the Princess, the Infantas and the Urdangarín ladies :flowers:

I saw the Infante Carlos & Princess Anne in one group photo,they were sitting near The Duke & Duchess of Soria.

Lovely pictures indeed! It's always nice to see all the family together and everyone seem very happy in this special event. But it's hard to believe how much Miguel has grown! I still remember him as a baby in Felipe and Letizia's wedding! :)
And about Irene and Leonor's height, maybe Irene will be tall like her father and mother, and Leonor will be like her mother. Maybe it's all about genetics.

I saw the Infante Carlos & Princess Anne in one group photo,they were sitting near The Duke & Duchess of Soria.

I watched the photos again and found them!
Casa Real has a note on the communion and only mentions the Infantas Pilar and Margarita from the King's family and Princess Alexia of Greece and her family from the Queen's family. Infante Carlos and Princess Anne are not mentioned despite being present, but I doubt Princess Irene, being the Queen's sister is not mentioned when her niece is.
Comunión de Miguel de Todos los Santos Urdangarin y de Borbón. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

I watched the photos again and found them!
Casa Real has a note on the communion and only mentions the Infantas Pilar and Margarita from the King's family and Princess Alexia of Greece and her family from the Queen's family. Infante Carlos and Princess Anne are not mentioned despite being present, but I doubt Princess Irene, being the Queen's sister is not mentioned when her niece is.
Comunión de Miguel de Todos los Santos Urdangarin y de Borbón. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

The Infante Carlos is mentioned ' Su Alteza Real el Infante Don Carlos.' but his wife Princess Anne is not .

The Infante Carlos is mentioned ' Su Alteza Real el Infante Don Carlos.' but his wife Princess Anne is not .

I must be going blind! :eek:
I would have sworn yesterday when I read it his name wasn't there! :wacko: :lol:

I must be going blind! :eek:
I would have sworn yesterday when I read it his name wasn't there! :wacko: :lol:

It might have been updated since you read it,maybe the King is following our comments :D

Alexia´s three daughters are simply gorgeous! Arietta , especially is going to break a lot of hearts!

kathia_sophia said:
hmm, thats a bit mean to say. i think all of the grandparents (aka: grandfather JC) loves his grandchildren the same and the most. but this was Miguel big day, let have him more attention!!!
im sure that when Leonor gets her first communion, we will get amazing pictures with the King and Queen, they are even her godparents!!

yes 5 months isnt that long, i doubt that in 5 months time Leonor will grow that tall. however, i still think that Sofia will be the most tallest of the girls, just look at it, shes just 4 years old and shes the same height as her sister! (and she even was with her head down)

Yes, Miguel was definitely 'in a fishbowl' the day of his very first communion. His parents and the king and queen seem to have been proud of him in the photos posted! He also appears to be quite a handsome young man!
I know HM JC and HM QS are HRH the Infanta Sofia's godparents, but I did not know they are also her sister's godparents.
Tallness is definitely a obvious trait in this royal family and in some other European royal houses. Of course, as most of us know, many of these blue-bloods are blood-related several times over. For instance, QE II/PrincePhilip, who celebrated his 90th birthday today, and King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are all descendants of HM the Queen Victoria of the British Empire. Victoria herself stood at just under 5 feet tall. Even though QEII is 5 feet 4 inches tall, the other three are not definitely height-challenged. Is HRH the Prince of Asturias the tallest royal in any European reigning house as of this date?

NotHRH said:
Yes, Miguel was definitely 'in a fishbowl' the day of his very first communion. His parents and the king and queen seem to have been proud of him in the photos posted! He also appears to be quite a handsome young man!
I know HM JC and HM QS are HRH the Infanta Sofia's godparents, but I did not know they are also her sister's godparents.
Tallness is definitely a obvious trait in this royal family and in some other European royal houses. Of course, as most of us know, many of these blue-bloods are blood-related several times over. For instance, QE II/PrincePhilip, who celebrated his 90th birthday today, and King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are all descendants of HM the Queen Victoria of the British Empire. Victoria herself stood at just under 5 feet tall. Even though QEII is 5 feet 4 inches tall, the other three are not definitely height-challenged. Is HRH the Prince of Asturias the tallest royal in any European reigning house as of this date?

Infanta Sofia's godparents are Paloma
Roscalanso and the Prince of Vildin.

Esmerelda said:
I do apologize. I did a quick fact-check and don't have a photographic memory.

I do not have photographic memory either, but your efforts are appreciated.

Esmerelda said:
Infanta Sofia's godparents are Paloma
Roscalanso and the Prince of Vildin.

Esmeralda,
I do stand corrected. Thanx!

Back
Top Bottom