The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Has someone read at what hour it is Irene's baptism? I imagine that it is in the evening, because I have read that the King has a hearing day in the morning. Also I wonder if they will do it in the gardens like other times have done, it is very nice, I like it almost more than when they do it in the lounges. Though with the heat that does (Madrid returns to be in alert for the high temperatures) if they do it in the garden it will have to be at the last hour because but neither the children nor the Princess Letizia are going to bear it.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

From abc:

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 19:30, in the Palace of the Operetta, the same place in which her brothers and cousins were baptized

Old 07-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
From abc:

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 19:30, in the Palace of the Operetta, the same place in which her brothers and cousins were baptized
The time is GMT + 1
Old 07-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://sevilla.abc.es/sevilla/pg0507...o_zarzuela.asp

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, the sixth grandchild of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 7:30 p.m., at the Palace of La Zarzuela, the same place where her brothers and cousins were also christened. Irene will be baptized with water from the Jordan river, and will recieve as godparents two intimate friends of Cristina and Iñaki: Rosario Nadal (wife of Kyril of Bulgaria) and Pedro Lopez Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias).

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ela_400309.htm

It will be an intimate and familiar ceremony with the gardens located in front of the main entrance of La Zarzuela as scenary. It shall be a sunny and warm evening, according to the meteorological forecasts. The archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, helped by the military archbishop, Francisco Perez, will baptize the new born with water brought from the Jordan river.
All the Royal Family (the Princess of Asturias on her fifth month of pregnancy) will attend it, as well as the paternal grandparents, Juan Maria Urdangarín and Clara Liebaert, uncles and cousins, along with some friends of the Dukes of Palma.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope that the ceremony is not very long, because these days it is hot in Spain; the women the best that go with the fan, especially the Princess Letizia. I have desire of seeing that suits go, though since it is a baptism they will go simple enough, I imagine that the Infanta Elena will surprise with someone of her suits. And to seeing like all the children go, that it is sure that they do not stop a moment, how in Miguel's baptism.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Will the baptism be televised? Or will they keep it private?
Old 07-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

It will not be televised directly, but there will be images of television and photographies.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

I'm so excited for tomorrow. I love to see the whole family together!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Will the baptism be televised? Or will they keep it private?
i think its would be private or not! i dont think its would getting set-up as LIVE on the tv in the world im sure its only in Spain i think so im not sure my answer

Sara Boyce
Old 07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know if the child of Felipe and Letizia will also be baptized at the Zarzuela or will it be done in a church since this will be the heir to the throne?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think this child will also be babtized at the Z. It will be heir of the throne in the future, yes, but the King said that for the whole family it would be just normal kid, without any differences between it and his/her cousins.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

not a lot to wait :)
does anyone know who will be there? any other royalty members except from the godparents an the spanish royal family? maybe some of the greek famiyl are there as well..
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, the Spanish Royal family's baptisms usually are low-key, so I gather that we won't see a Royal gathering, except for the Greeks, who might show up.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=LaChicaMadrilena]I think this child will also be babtized at the Z. It will be heir of the throne in the future, yes, but the King said that for the whole family it would be just normal kid, without any differences between it and his/her cousins.

Thank you!
Old 07-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050714/prens...AC-NAC-024.asp

The baptism will be attend by the whole Royal Family, as well as by the members of the paternal family of Irene, among them her grandparents, Juan Maria Urdangarín and Clara Liebaert, among other guests. Besides, also the president of the Government, José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, and his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa are expected at the ceremony.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Gentry

What time?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon
What time?
7:30 p.m. (GMT+1)
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Gentry

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
7:30 p.m. (GMT+1)
They said it in Corazon de Verano with Anne Igartiburu. I hope seeing Irene in Gente today.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
They said it in Corazon de Verano with Anne Igartiburu. I hope seeing Irene in Gente today.
Yes, Gente I imagine that already they put it and in the Telediario also. I hope that the baptism does not last a lot of time, because but they are going to melt!

Tags
baptism, christening, irene urdangarín, spanish royal family