The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulation to the family. I am very happy for them:)

Old 06-06-2005, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

congratulations to the Cristina and Inaki to there new addition and to the big brothers and to the whole SRF and Inaki's family..

Old 06-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
How do you pronounce Irene in Spanish?
Using the International Phonetic Alphabet, we pronouce it like this:

[irεnə]
Old 06-06-2005, 05:59 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050...186523084.html

Infanta Cristina entered the hospital, yesterday at 9:30 a.m., with small contractions, and gave birth natural and quickly, in only fifteen minutes, shortly before 4 p.m.. The gynaecologist said that the Infanta will remain in the clinic for three days.

Don Juan Carlos received the news at the stadium of Roland Garros by a phone call. Immediately he made an euphoric gesture with his thumb and promptly received the congratulations from the personalities around him. Few minutes after this, the Royal House officially notified the birth. On the other hand, the Queen, who had accompanied the King to Paris, watched the first minutes of the final match, but, at the end of the first set, she left the stadium, to take an airplane back to Barcelona. Doña Sofia declared, at her arrival to the clinic, that she was feeling a special emotion for the fourth child of Infanta Cristina being a girl".

The Dukes of Palma also received the visit of Iñaki’s parents, Juan Maria Urdangarín and Clara Liebaert.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.nortecastilla.es/pg050606...L-DEP-190.html

King Juan Carlos assured yesterday in Roland Garros that "I am enchanted with the double result: my daughter has had a daughter and we have won", said the king, when leaving Roland Garros.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ado_336695.htm

Doña Sofía returned to Madrid, after leaving the Teknon clinic, where she passed the whole night with Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín, who momentarily let the clinic to take the children to school. This morning, the mother of the Duke of Palm, Claire Liebaert also went to the Teknon clinic.

The hospitable centre has made available to the visitors a book of congratulations for the birth of Irene. Besides, this morning begun to arrive at the clinic the traditional branches of flowers, as well as the first gifts.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Queen Sofia leaves the hospital, after passing the night with Infanta Cristina.

From GettyImages:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	155698   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	155699   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	155700  
Old 06-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Nobility

Wow. Congratulations to Inaki and Cristina on the birth of their baby daughter.
I like how they're giving her just one name, quite understated, i must say.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the family!
I love the name Irene, that's my sisters name.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2336898.htm

Infanta Cristina received this morning the visit of her cousin Cristina de Borbón dos Sicilias, wife of Pedro Lopez Quesada, who will be the godfather of Irene.

At the clinical centre of Barcelona, the Dukes of Palma are receiving as well numerous branches of flowers and little gifts for their first girl, as baby clothes and dollies. Besides, many citizens are writing their dedications in the book that the hospital made available to congratulate the birth of Irene.

On the surroundings of the clinic, there are many people watching the arriving of personalities and relatives of the Dukes of Palma, on the occasion of the birth of their daughter.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Iñaki’s mother, Clara Liebaert, leaves the hospital this morning, after visiting her grandaughter.
Photo from Terra:
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	200
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	155798  
Old 06-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Wohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

A little girl! See, you don't get online on a Sunday and these are the great news you get on Monday!

Congratulations to the parents, brothers and whole families.

I'll bet she'll be spoiled by her brothers
Old 06-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
Congratulations to the family. I'm not too fond of the name, but the meaning is most certainly beautiful. D
It's a question of language. Irene pronounced in English is not a particularly lovely name, but in Spanish the pronunciation is very beautiful.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ene_336766.htm

After visiting Infanta Cristina and Irene, the mayor of Barcelona, Joan Clos, said that 'the girl is precious, very beautiful’. The mayor, who visited the Infanta and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, during half an hour, presented them, in name of the City Hall, with a drawing made by the illustrator Pilarín Bayés. The picture reproduces a mum and dad strolling with their children (the youngest in the arms of the father), by the gardens of the Quinta Amelia de Sarria, an habitual scenery for the Barcelonan strolls of the Dukes of Palma.

The mayor explained, that the new born 'resembles Miguel', the third son of the Dukes of Palma.

On the other hand, it is expected that the president of the Generalitat, Pasqual Maragall, arrives at the Teknon clinic around 7:00 p.m..

Old 06-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Nobility

JUHU!!! I'm so happy for Cristina, Inaki and the 3 boys Congratulations!
Great that the little girl and her mother are healthy. I also really like the name Irene.

So I'm very excited too to see soon pictures of Irene.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Nobility

Diego, an user from "The Hispanic Forums", made this great captures from the Spanish programme "Corazón de Primavera". (I have never heard before the voices of Claire Liebaert and Ana Urdangarín, mother and sister of Iñaki )

-The duke leaving his children at the school:
http://www.monarquiahispanica.com/inaki2.rm

-The Queen ("I don't know yet, I'm going to see them now"):
http://www.monarquiahispanica.com/sofia.rm

-Infanta Elena ("I don't know who the baby resembles, but she is so so cute!"):
http://www.monarquiahispanica.com/elena.rm

-Ana Urdangarín ("We're so charmed because all has been very beautiful. A happy ending with three boys and a girl")
-Juan María Urdangarín, father of Iñaki ("The baby is so cute and she is very well. The mother is well... we're going to see her! she was like that yesterday... they're well, they're very well")
-Claire Liebaert ("...very well, very well. In addition the baby girl is very cute, and I love girls so..."
http://www.monarquiahispanica.com/urdangarines.rm
Old 06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

i can't see the videos because my real playr is broken.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...fantacristina/

6 JUNE 2005

It's a baby booming year for the Spanish royal family. As King Juan Carlos' son, Crown Prince Felipe, visits Japan with his pregnant wife, the monarch's daughter is celebrating the birth of her fourth child.

Infanta Cristina and her spouse, Olympic handball player Iñaki Urdangarin, welcomed 8lb 2oz Irene, who is now ninth in line to the throne, at a Barcelona hospital on Sunday. The sixth grandchild of the king and Queen Sofia is the first baby girl for the royal couple, who have three sons: Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicolas y Miguel.

The queen abandoned her courtside seat at the men's final of the French Open in Paris to jet over to Barcelona, leaving the king to see Spaniard Rafael Nadal win. At the end of the match, a clearly delighted Juan Carlos leaned down from the royal box and warmly grasped the 19-year-old's hands in congratulation, explaining why his wife had had to rush off.

The king's daughter-in-law, Princess Letizia, who is in the fourth month of her pregnancy, meanwhile continued a royal visit to Japan with her husband. The couple wound down the tour with a visit to the 2005 World Expo in Aichi before enjoying a dinner hosted by Crown Prince Naruhito in their honour.

1. Infanta Cristina of Spain, already mum to three boys, gave birth to a baby girl in Barcelona on Sunday
2. Queen Sofia, with Cristina's sons Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicolas y Miguel, was all smiles as she visited her daughter. At right, proud dad Iñaki Urdangarin
3. Meanwhile, Cristina's brother, Crown Prince Felipe, and sister-in-law Princess Letizia, continued their tour of Japan. Above, the royal couple with Crown Prince Naruhito
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks for the videos, Isabella!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

According to Hola, the Jordanian royal house sent a branch of flowers with a card from Prince Faisal Ben Al Hussein, and the Royal House of Saudi Arabia sent an original branch in form of pie, with white, pink and lilac roses, arranged on a crystal base.

Photos from Hola:
1. Juan, Pablo and Miguel leave the hospital, after meeting their new sister;
2. Queen Sofia whatches some photos of little Irene, stored in her digital camera.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	284
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	155998   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	155999  

Tags
cristina, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín