The Dukes of Lugo Announce Separation (2007) & Divorce (2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Los Duques de Lugo se separan- Lavanguardia.es - Noticias, actualidad, última hora en Cataluña y España

The Dukes of Lugo separate

The Dukes of Lugo have been convenient the temporary cessation of their conjugal living together what in the practice is translated in a separation of fact that, at the moment, will not have legal consequences.

As The Forefront could have confirmed in sources near the Zarzuela, the infanta Elena and her husband Jaime de Marichalar want to be had time to ponder on their matrimonial future thinking always about the well-being of their children, Felipe and Victoria de Marichalar, of 9 and 7-year-old and about their members' condition of the royal family.

Aww thats so sad. In pictures they had seemed a bit distant but I put it down to just pictures being a moment in time:ermm:

Maria Teresa Campos was right :neutral:
I hope this goes as smoothly as possible, for the sake of Froilán and Vicky:neutral:

Gosh that's sad. But somehow it was obvious that something wasn't right. What a blow for the SFR. As much as I hope that they'll get their act together and restart I feel that this might be final as I am sure everything has been tried in the past to make it work, including some good advice from King and Queen, who will definitely be horrified by this development. Will be interesting to see how Jaime's role within the SFR will change now.

This was not so unexpected like it was with Alexandra and Joachim of Denmark but it's still sad.

OH! what a sad news. All the best for them from now!

sadly my theory about royals who marry commoners is right. Commoners simply don't have enough structure to deal with all the things related to royalty. charles and diana, an aristocrat, got divorced too but this was an expection. in the good old days, royals didn't divorce. while now, we have this sad news pretty often. i guess who will be the next...

Having read so many articles hinting at a possible separation, it is not surprising to read today's news. However, it is still very sad to read the official announcement.

Los Duques de Lugo se separan- Lavanguardia.es - Noticias, actualidad, última hora en Cataluña y España

The Dukes of Lugo separate

The Dukes of Lugo have been convenient the temporary cessation of their conjugal living together what in the practice is translated in a separation of fact that, at the moment, will not have legal consequences.

As The Forefront could have confirmed in sources near the Zarzuela, the infanta Elena and her husband Jaime de Marichalar want to be had time to ponder on their matrimonial future thinking always about the well-being of their children, Felipe and Victoria de Marichalar, of 9 and 7-year-old and about their members' condition of the royal family.
Lula, thank you for providing a brief summary of the article.

sadly my theory about royals who marry commoners is right. Commoners simply don't have enough structure to deal with all the things related to royalty. charles and diana, an aristocrat, got divorced too but this was an expection. in the good old days, royals didn't divorce. while now, we have this sad news pretty often. i guess who will be the next...

I thought Jaime was an aristocrat, similar to the level of Diana?

I thought Jaime was an aristocrat, similar to the level of Diana?

yes, he is. his father is the Count of Ripalda, so obviously not just a commoner.

i checked the SRF's website but i haven't seen any announcement. probably they won't post it there...

this is sad news. any marriage breaking up is sad news especially if there are kids involved. i do hope too that this is just temporary.

They have confirmed the news but there will no be an official communiqué.

It's a sad news. I am not surprised by the news.
Already it is not a rumor, is a reality.

They have confirmed the news but there will no be an official communiqué.

It's not really a surprise for me, to be honest..but I always thought they would find a way to reconcile.That's very sad for them both, and especially for their children.

A separation is always a sad news, i thought they were going to pull it through since the rumor of their separation has been going on for quite some time.

oh no, that's awful and terrible news.:ohmy: I was hoping it was just another stupid rumour which wouldn't be true. Poor kids, and poor Jaime and Elena. Such sad news. But if it's said it's temporary, there is a possibility for them to get back together right? O, well, you can't blame me for hoping! And here I was still hoping for them to have a 3rd child.:bang:

Last edited:
Sad news but if you look at recent pictures it appeared to be on the cards. Hope things turn out well and amiacable especially for the sake of the children.

Stellad

Sad news Hope the kids will take it okay

That is very sad. I hope the best for Elena, Jaime and the kids.

Well I believe that we all already knew this was just about to happen some day, actualy the rumors started before the Princes of Asturias' wedding, but actualy I a bit surprised because the rumors were always false, and now that the Dukes were aperearing together at some events. I wish the best for them.

very sad news. I'll be sitting here hoping Felipe and Victoria are okay. :neutral:

Oh no .. :eek:

I always heard about the rumors ... but I was so hoping it wasn't true...
It's sad for the children.

It is truly sad that Dukes Lugo are to separate. I am sure that Infanta Elena exerted every effort to save her family, but did not succeed in doing it.

that's suprising. during the time of Felipe and Letizia's engagement there were many rumors that Elena and Jaime were going to wait to anounce their split until after the wedding.

that was several years ago so I had assumed that if they'd had problems they'd overcome them at this point. i guess not.

It is very sad, I do hoped rumors were not true, though everybody could tell Elena and Jaime were not happy.
I do hope the four of them will be ok.:flowers::flowers:

I've read a few posts both here and on GREMB that perhaps Jaime had some issues. What were those issues? A wondering eye? Or did he have other preferences?:ohmy:

I've read a few posts both here and on GREMB that perhaps Jaime had some issues. What were those issues? A wondering eye? Or did he have other preferences?:ohmy:

One reads that after Jaime had a stroke several years ago, he became more difficult to deal with and had anger issues. Some have stated that he prefers men over women and that Elena may had known this from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom