The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Elena and Children

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Dukes of Lugo Announce Separation (2007) & Divorce (2009)

Los Duques de Lugo se separan- Lavanguardia.es - Noticias, actualidad, última hora en Cataluña y España

The Dukes of Lugo separate

The Dukes of Lugo have been convenient the temporary cessation of their conjugal living together what in the practice is translated in a separation of fact that, at the moment, will not have legal consequences.

As The Forefront could have confirmed in sources near the Zarzuela, the infanta Elena and her husband Jaime de Marichalar want to be had time to ponder on their matrimonial future thinking always about the well-being of their children, Felipe and Victoria de Marichalar, of 9 and 7-year-old and about their members' condition of the royal family.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Royal Highness

Aww thats so sad. In pictures they had seemed a bit distant but I put it down to just pictures being a moment in time

Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Maria Teresa Campos was right
I hope this goes as smoothly as possible, for the sake of Froilán and Vicky
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Gosh that's sad. But somehow it was obvious that something wasn't right. What a blow for the SFR. As much as I hope that they'll get their act together and restart I feel that this might be final as I am sure everything has been tried in the past to make it work, including some good advice from King and Queen, who will definitely be horrified by this development. Will be interesting to see how Jaime's role within the SFR will change now.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

This was not so unexpected like it was with Alexandra and Joachim of Denmark but it's still sad.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

That's sad!

La Infanta Elena se separa · ELPAÍS.com
LOS DUQUES DE LUGO ANUNCIAN SU SEPARACIÓN
Los Duques de Lugo se separan | elmundo.es

I hope the children will be fine...
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Gentry

But the articles says is temporally, right??

http://realeza.4.forumer.com
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Moderator Emeritus

OH! what a sad news. All the best for them from now!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Gentry

sadly my theory about royals who marry commoners is right. Commoners simply don't have enough structure to deal with all the things related to royalty. charles and diana, an aristocrat, got divorced too but this was an expection. in the good old days, royals didn't divorce. while now, we have this sad news pretty often. i guess who will be the next...
Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

Having read so many articles hinting at a possible separation, it is not surprising to read today's news. However, it is still very sad to read the official announcement.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Los Duques de Lugo se separan- Lavanguardia.es - Noticias, actualidad, última hora en Cataluña y España

The Dukes of Lugo separate

The Dukes of Lugo have been convenient the temporary cessation of their conjugal living together what in the practice is translated in a separation of fact that, at the moment, will not have legal consequences.

As The Forefront could have confirmed in sources near the Zarzuela, the infanta Elena and her husband Jaime de Marichalar want to be had time to ponder on their matrimonial future thinking always about the well-being of their children, Felipe and Victoria de Marichalar, of 9 and 7-year-old and about their members' condition of the royal family.
Lula, thank you for providing a brief summary of the article.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriam View Post
sadly my theory about royals who marry commoners is right. Commoners simply don't have enough structure to deal with all the things related to royalty. charles and diana, an aristocrat, got divorced too but this was an expection. in the good old days, royals didn't divorce. while now, we have this sad news pretty often. i guess who will be the next...
I thought Jaime was an aristocrat, similar to the level of Diana?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Nobility

That is really sad! I hope this is temporary!
Old 11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I thought Jaime was an aristocrat, similar to the level of Diana?
yes, he is. his father is the Count of Ripalda, so obviously not just a commoner.

i checked the SRF's website but i haven't seen any announcement. probably they won't post it there...

this is sad news. any marriage breaking up is sad news especially if there are kids involved. i do hope too that this is just temporary.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

They have confirmed the news but there will no be an official communiqué.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Commoner

It's a sad news. I am not surprised by the news.
Already it is not a rumor, is a reality.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They have confirmed the news but there will no be an official communiqué.
It's not really a surprise for me, to be honest..but I always thought they would find a way to reconcile.That's very sad for them both, and especially for their children.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Aristocracy

A separation is always a sad news, i thought they were going to pull it through since the rumor of their separation has been going on for quite some time.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

oh no, that's awful and terrible news. I was hoping it was just another stupid rumour which wouldn't be true. Poor kids, and poor Jaime and Elena. Such sad news. But if it's said it's temporary, there is a possibility for them to get back together right? O, well, you can't blame me for hoping! And here I was still hoping for them to have a 3rd child.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Courtier

Sad news but if you look at recent pictures it appeared to be on the cards. Hope things turn out well and amiacable especially for the sake of the children.

Stellad

Tags
elena, infanta elena, jaime de marichalar, separation