The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Elena and Children

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Video of Infanta Cristina talking about her sister separation

hola.com - Vídeos del día go to "Ultimos Videos Publicados"

Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Very sad news for the family, I hope they are able to overcome their troubles.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder, will he keep the title Duke of Lugo? Wasn't that title conferred on him when he married into the Royal Family?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Many think it was because of the stroke... I don't know. Things like this can be a strain to marriage, also, maybe Elena's miscarriage a few years ago...
Who knows, in the end probably only them.
It is very sad and I hope it still works out whatever way they choose to go.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
pain, I hope that he is not something bad for the royal family

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Infanta Elena picks up her daughter Victoria Federica and son Felipe Juan Froilan from school in central Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...50b282019g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...50b27ecdfg.jpg
Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM

I think that Elena is going to be all right. She has a very positive attitude. In spite of all the trouble of her separation, she smiles and is gentle with the photographers. In the other hand, Jaime must be very happy to be free of the protocol of the royalty, never more he has to smile for a photographer and is going to be more himself.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

It's sad but I was laugh when I saw on Hola the title - first photos of Elena after announcing of her separation. What people though that she would wore a mourn or penance sack or something...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
Video of Infanta Cristina talking about her sister separation

hola.com - Vídeos del día go to "Ultimos Videos Publicados"

What is Cristina saying about it?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, how unfortunate for the them. The most important people in this is the children. Lets hope they will be given privacy and time to heal.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 PM

Cristina said that couples have their ups and downs and that her sister is fine.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Commoner

I am not at all suprised.The Infanta and the Duke have been obviously rather unhappy for some time now.Remember the Royal Wedding of the Prince and Princess of Asturias?They seemed so distant from each other.In comparison to the obvious warmth and rapport between Infanta Cristina and Don Inaki.I feel really sad for the Infanta Dona Elena.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Oh my....gosh! I got so suprised! To tell the truth, I didn't see this coming. I feel sorry for them.

Even thought...I have a feeling they will divorce. I think that the reason for this choice is not Jaime's behaviour due to his stroke. I think the reason is something else that we do not know about...yet.

Either way, I hope that they will solve their problems soon and that their children would not be affected by this. I wish only the best for them.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

I'm with Polyemma that I have to say I'm a bit surprised. I mean, I read about their perceived marital difficulties a few years ago. Like others on this thread, I was of the impression things were getting better in that realm. Goes to show, one never knows.

Off topic a bit, perhaps, but does anyone know what this family's financial situation is like? Does Elena bring home the bacon? Did the duke work, hold a job, post stroke? Does Elena get an allowance from the Spanish government?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Jaime is not a commoner but from an aristrocratic background. He and Elena seemed to be a perfect match and I am sure King & Queen were more than pleased to get him as son in law.
At least the match was quite ideal in the eyes of the King and Queen. Many talks out there said the King arranged the marriage. But the marriage was not too happy from the beginning, the paparazzis saw their unnewlywed behaviors even at the honeymoon. Elena's unhappiness had lost the King all his credibilities to further arrange the marriage for Cristina or Felipe.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
At least the match was quite ideal in the eyes of the King and Queen. Many talks out there said the King arranged the marriage. But the marriage was not too happy from the beginning, the paparazzis saw their unnewlywed behaviors even at the honeymoon. Elena's unhappiness had lost the King all his credibilities to further arrange the marriage for Cristina or Felipe.
holy, that's interesting! Didn't realize it had been more or less arranged! Wonder how such a thing works though, in practice:
King to future duke of Lugo: "boy, I have a daughter, she's not the prettiest in the world but she's very elegant and smart and kind. What about it?"
Duke of Lugo: "ok, I'll think about it."
King to Elena: "found you a nice boy. You should marry him."
Elena: "well maybe...don't love him exactly, but but..well ok."

Is that how this kind of thing might go? Jee what century was this? Oh right, <last> century, lol!

But equally seriously, I always thought the two more or less liked each other. Am I wrong?!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
I'm with Polyemma that I have to say I'm a bit surprised. I mean, I read about their perceived marital difficulties a few years ago. Like others on this thread, I was of the impression things were getting better in that realm. Goes to show, one never knows.

Off topic a bit, perhaps, but does anyone know what this family's financial situation is like? Does Elena bring home the bacon? Did the duke work, hold a job, post stroke? Does Elena get an allowance from the Spanish government?
Jaime inherited +-6 millions of € 5-6 years ago from her aunt, the house when he live, very expensive, is your. He is counselor of many companies related to fashion... Loewe, Louis Vuiton... and to finances..+-16-18.

Elena is English teacher in a private primary school, "Micos", she is one of the owners and I think she receives some money from his father, but did not know how much. The King freely available in its budget for the maintenance of their house and family.

(sorry for my bad English)
Old 11-15-2007, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of the new home of Infanta Elena and her children:
Polfoto/Gallery
Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
holy, that's interesting! Didn't realize it had been more or less arranged! Wonder how such a thing works though, in practice:
King to future duke of Lugo: "boy, I have a daughter, she's not the prettiest in the world but she's very elegant and smart and kind. What about it?"
Duke of Lugo: "ok, I'll think about it."
King to Elena: "found you a nice boy. You should marry him."
Elena: "well maybe...don't love him exactly, but but..well ok."

Is that how this kind of thing might go? Jee what century was this? Oh right, <last> century, lol!

But equally seriously, I always thought the two more or less liked each other. Am I wrong?!
LOL Your post made me laugh princess olga. If is was being arranged by the Kings I don't think there was any pushing as they had been dating for some years before tying the knot. There are people out there who decide to marry mainly for partnership reasons (trust, common way of thinking etc) rather than being madly in love and I think there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe this was the case in their relationship and they thought it would be enough (it can be enough if things work out well I guess). I hope there won't be any damaging uncoverings about the reasons why they split (there might be some potential though in case those who think the sexual interest played a part). They did a statement and this should be respected. End of story.

Tags
elena, infanta elena, jaime de marichalar, separation