The Dukes of Lugo Announce Separation (2007) & Divorce (2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new family picture without Jaime is one of the worst they could have chosen ... JC's 70th Bday, everyone looks tense not even 2 months after the separation. Queen Sofia in a clownish dress, Cristina & Letizia in their worst style with funeral clothes, even Elena doesn't look good.

A lot of room for improvement...

http://www.casareal.es/familia/images/familia2010.jpg

The "new" family picture is over 2 years old and not nice ... I mean it's not that they didn't see this situation coming that a new pic was needed?

What is so difficult about taking a nice picture on the various events of the last months the whole family got together, last one at Christmas? I remember the time when they had nice private family pictures taken at non-events (eg the family pic in Zarzuela gardens before Letizia joined) ... long gone. Again something dated from an official event has to do where the King doesn't even look into the camera ...

El divorcio de la infanta Elena y Jaime de Marichalar ya es oficial

Elena's divorce, 2 divorces for Infanta Maria Pilar (her daughter and her son), 1 divorce for King's Simeon son, all the children of the Duchesse d' Albe are divorced..
Is the matrimonial life in Spain so difficult ?
Perhaps they are just doing a very poor job in picking the right spouse.

I am sure that Infanta Elena and Don Jaime would maintain civil relationships for their children's sake.
Don Jaime does not give an impression of a spotlight hungry person as well as he is not desperate in terms of finances. Thus I do not think he will talk to media or pen memoirs.

Monarquía Confidencial
What happened yesterday was a surprise.
.​
Nobody expected, after the costly divorce announcement of the Dukes of Lugo on November 25, until almost two months later, on January 21 would not be aware of their divorce in the civil register of the Royal Family. And two and half months to learn ... So much it costs to change the photos (in the image the new Royal Family) from the website of the House and remove the biography of James Marichalar?
Does the judge that he meet the conditions of mutual agreement on his laurels?
Have the changes in the royal household and those who do come the trigger for the delays?

yeah? good question... Is she using the wedding band in her finger?

Did she have to or choose to return his family's tiara, or did she keep it since it was a gift?

I believe Elena kept the tiara, I think she wore it at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding, I'll have to double check.

It was a gift and it seems she kept it, as she wore it to Victoria's wedding. I assume one of her children will inherit the Marichalar tiara.

In a recent german article about the King of Spain it was written that the King obtained quickly Elena's divorce because of Jaime's cocaine affairs ?

In a recent german article about the King of Spain it was written that the King obtained quickly Elena's divorce because of Jaime's cocaine affairs ?

There will always be speculation on the couples divorce and there have been many rumours but I guess none of them know the real truth or reasons behind it.

You are right An Ard Ri , the Press is terrible for Royals.
You are doing your moderator job quite well. I appreciate.
Kind regards MO.

Jaime can officially be called an "occasional cocaine user". He lost a lawsuit against Time Magazine and its claims last year.

What let to his divorce from Infanta Elena is speculation though.

Jaime can officially be called an "occasional cocaine user". He lost a lawsuit against Time Magazine and its claims last year.

What let to his divorce from Infanta Elena is speculation though.

Gawd...this is the first time I am hearing/reading about substance abuse!:eek:

But anyway, Jaime was not stripped of his title like Inaki...he remains Duke of Lugo?

But anyway, Jaime was not stripped of his title like Inaki...he remains Duke of Lugo?

No he is not Duke of Lugo he lost the use of that title upon his divorce from Infanta Elena and reverted by to his old style Don Jaime de Marichalar as the son of a count.

:previous: Ah, I see. Thank you. Well at least unlike Inaki he didn't need a title anyway...good for him.

I liked Jaime. He seemed...odd at times, but he was a dignified man. I miss him.

Don Jaime de Marichalar's style and titles

7 April 1963 – March 18 1995: Don Jaime de Marichalar

March 18 1995 – January 21 2010: His Excellency,Don Jaime de Marichalar, Duke of Lugo

January 21 2010 — present: Don Jaime de Marichalar

Neither Iñaki nor Jaime ever held a title.
Cristina had one and Elena has one, and their spouses were the Dukes (Consort).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom