The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Elena and Children

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
Sorry but are you sure that this is Beatriz de Orléans on the first set of pictures. it's definitely her on the second one.
Not, I believe that the woman of the first photos is Marisa Yoldi (of Borbón), she is wife of a cousin of the King Juan Carlos and she shares work with Jaime in Loewe.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I think you are right Assia!
The caption on the pics from Mediumphoto say that! They are wrong!
Do you know who is the lady on the pics from Mediumphoto?
They also call him "ex husband". Does anybody know when people can legally divorce after seperation in Spain (normal process)? I believe it differs from country to country, between 1 and 3 years. And if live in France and your name is Sarkozy you will be divorced within a week!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They also call him "ex husband". Does anybody know when people can legally divorce after seperation in Spain (normal process)? I believe it differs from country to country, between 1 and 3 years. And if live in France and your name is Sarkozy you will be divorced within a week!
They are separated because they want, in Spain already it is not necessary to pass for the separation before the divorce, it is possible to request the divorce directly.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Here, in Argentina, too. Divorce is a legal affait, while separation is not a formal thing. It only means that you are living separately from your husband or wife.

Vanesa.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

That is very sad but if they are not happy then they need to resolve the issue one way or another. The woman in the picture? I dont know but Im wondering if there isnt something more by the body language. If the separation is due to infidelity and a loveless marriage then maybe they should just do what needs to be done and go on especially for the childrens sake, why prolong something that isnt there anymore?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Courtier

Any news concerning the facts? In case they become divorced is there a rule how long they have to be previously separated?
Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Any news concerning the facts? In case they become divorced is there a rule how long they have to be previously separated?
I think lula answered this question, if I understand correctly in Spain people can divorce without a certain period of separation. I think in Jaimes and Elenas case they were already separated a long time before the official announcement and will divorce as soon as they have agreed on everything.

Maybe Jaime will want to have a nice piece of the money cake as he already notices that it does make a difference being Elenas husband and a member of the SRF or not:

Paloma B writes about the conveniences and advantages he enjoyed as royal consort but now times change and not for the better of Jaimes cost free extensive life style:
Vanitatis.com - Marichalar, del cese temporal a la separación real

I am sure he'll be pleased to read this
Old 03-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

El Digital Castilla la Mancha

La Infanta Elena, hacia el divorcio según publica la revista 'Semana' - 20minutos.es
Old 04-11-2008, 04:32 AM
Courtier

This is sad news that the princess and duke has seperated I hope somehow
the children will not be hurt because of this split between their parnets.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 04-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post

Besides, divorce doesn't bring happyness...Did you see the last pics of Elena these last times? She es emaciated, sad, with some anguish in her looking. Now she is "free", but I think that this "freedom" doesnt brings her any joy.

Vanesa.

Hi Vanesa-

Yes, I have seen Elena and she looks very unhappy indeed. So does Jaime to be honest. I just hope none of this does any type of permanent damage to their young children....children who are very sensitive suffer terribly in situations like this one.

I am still hoping that Elena and Jaime can work things out.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:00 AM

Is there word on whether they intend to divorce? I saw on diez minutos about elena's new house. It is very sad. I hope it is not a nasty, drawn out, bitter separation and/or divorce, or whatever. That is to say, I hope they will maintain at least a friendship, for the sake of the children. But it would be so much better, naturally, if they could somehow reconcile and stay married, because they seemed at one time to be so happy together. And a divorce would set such a sad precedent.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

We do not allow religious discussions on this board. If you have any questions feel free to contact myself or another moderator.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

According to 20minutos.es Elena is thinking talking about a divorce now. They took it from an article in Semana though:
La Infanta Elena ya habla de divorcio - 20minutos.es
Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
According to 20minutos.es Elena is thinking talking about a divorce now. They took it from an article in Semana though:
they seem so unhappy for a long a time ago (pictures of this summer etc......)
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
A divorce must be the result of all this. I can't imagine that Zarzuela would make a separation public, go through all the media coverage if there was the slightest chance of a reunion. I think they have started living separate lives a long long time ago but only made it public when Elena enforced a spatial separation and there was no way to cover this up. Since the annoucement it's only about when or who gets what and not about if or if not.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

If the Duke and Duchess of Lugo proceed with divorce, it is sad news. I had a faint hope that Infanta Elena would make up with her husband.
P.S. The hat worn Infanta Elena on the picture is too large. I wonder who chose it ...
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
A divorce must be the result of all this. I can't imagine that Zarzuela would make a separation public, go through all the media coverage if there was the slightest chance of a reunion. I think they have started living separate lives a long long time ago but only made it public when Elena enforced a spatial separation and there was no way to cover this up. Since the annoucement it's only about when or who gets what and not about if or if not.
You have a good point. The rumors out there is that Jaime hasn't agreed on the divorce yet. If that's true, Zarzuela might want to give him a little more time and doesn't want to force him to sign the paper. Duchess of Alba had a very happy 2nd marriage with the kids from the 1st marriage, I'm hoping the very best for Elena.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Courtier

I have thought that in recent pictures Elena has looked marvelous. She is wearing more make-up, really styling her hair --- like a big weight has been lifted off her. She has looked luminous.
Jaime always looked theatrical and somewhat pompous. Wearing the big black cape, attending all of the Parisian fashion shows. I had read that he dictated what Elena wore. She has always worn haute couture and looked wonderful.
Didn't Jaime have a stroke in recent years? I think that it must have affected his left side because in photos his left hand is always held in a tight fist position.
A stroke can affect your personality and moods. In recent years he is never shown smiling or looking happy.
I think that Elena dealt with everything as best she could, but in the end the happiness of her children and homelife and her own battle with having to deal with Jaime just became too much and she opted to separate.
She seems to have a strong family support system - she'll be fine.
But Jaime, who knows?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
My thoughts exactly as soon as the seperation was announced, still, I hope(d) to be proved wrong
Old 05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Commoner

Finally divorced :( I used to love Jaime's sense of fashion so much. He changed the style of Elena very much and she started to have exclusive Dior designs for her. It was la belle epoque of their marriage.

Tags
elena, infanta elena, jaime de marichalar, separation