Jaime de Marichalar's Health

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasiraghiTrio

Heir Apparent , TRF Author, Royal Blogger
City
Burbank
Country
United States
Can someone explain what happened to Jaime in December 2001? Reading some articles from this time, I understand he had some kind of brain infection, or "cerebral edema" which overtook him while exercising in a gym.
After the operation, it seems he was paralyzed on his left side of body and face. Is this right? Does someone know more? Has he had other operations or medical conditions?
Thanks!

Can someone explain what happened to Jaime in December 2001? Reading some articles from this time, I understand he had some kind of brain infection, or "cerebral edema" which overtook him while exercising in a gym.
After the operation, it seems he was paralyzed on his left side of body and face. Is this right? Does someone know more? Has he had other operations or medical conditions?
Thanks!

I don't know very well, but if I understand well what that happened, Jaime of ¨Marichalar had suffering a brain stroke or an ictus - other name for this kind of illness- it's a cerebral vascular accident, some doctors said that he can be happy to be in this state today, after a lot of monstruous efforts to speak, move and so on.:neutral:

Thank you so much, adelaide. :flowers:
A stroke makes a lot of sense. This would explain how he was paralyzed on the left side of body and face, why he had to undergo much physical therapy to be able to move and speak again. This must have been unfathomably traumatic, and he was so young when this happened.

I didn't hear any specific, at least that I remember. I fgured he had had a stroke because his left side of his face drooped and he held hid left arm alot. My Grandmother had a stroke with similar results. I'm guessing he's doing better now?

I can remember that he was on the gym doing a class of "spinning". Spinning is a very strong activity, my husband his a teacher of that in the gym so I know, and I also do it myself! If you don't have your body prepared you do not stand the strain and he had problems with the blood on his brains!! (I cannot explain better in english)

he had problems with the blood on his brains!! (I cannot explain better in english)

Yes, it's that it called ictus, stroke or in french "AVC" accident vascular cerebral, may be in english VCA. As you know in clear words, it happens when the brain is not irriguated by blood during some seconds or when in your brain you have some blood haemorrhage because some little veines are broken.

Your possibilities to survive to its kind of dramatical accident depend of the time of the brain stopped because it is not irriguated or the importance of the haemorrhage, and also a very personal factor, your will to win the handicaps. In the Jaime of Marichalar 's case all the doctors were absolutly astonishing by his will to succeed to overcome the consequences of this stroke, but as everybody knows after a such stroke the total personality of the suffering is different and it's very difficult for all the family, the suffering first, to find a way of life, a total behaviour respecting the change because the illness.

Last edited:
Maybe is AVC was not so strong because he seams to be living quite well, we can notice his way of walking and her head are a bit different from normal, I think it is all, but I have never hear him talking though, so maybe his way of talking has also changed!

Maybe is AVC was not so strong because he seams to be living quite well, we can notice his way of walking and her head are a bit different from normal, I think it is all, but I have never hear him talking though, so maybe his way of talking has also changed!

It's an understament, if Jaime de Marichilar is walking - with some difficulties but whithout stick, personal "coqueterie"- he can do it with a lot of difficulties that he hid. To see the importance of his handicap, go to the Hola video of the summer, the one where Jaime of Marichilar is trying to catch his son, after that it's easy to understand how rude for him and theirs to have to live normally ( sic!) with a such trauma!:neutral:

Jaime had a serious stroke and as I understand, at one point, medical staff didn't think he would survive. To see him now is amazing when one knows how bad his condition was. Infanta Elena was constantly at his bedside and the family moved to New York for Jaime to undergo rehabilitation.

I didn't know they had moved to New York for rehab. Did the kids come too, or did they stay behind in Spain?

It seems like a lot of royals like coming to the US (for school, etc.). Must be the annomynity.

I didn't know they had moved to New York for rehab. Did the kids come too, or did they stay behind in Spain?

It seems like a lot of royals like coming to the US (for school, etc.). Must be the annomynity.

Yes, the kids were been too.

Didn't Elena teach for a while when they lived in New York? How long were they there?

I don't remember exactly, at least one winter and spring, i.e. six months at minimum, but may be I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom