Infanta Elena & Family Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iceflower said:
Maybe it only seems as if the past had been happier, as in a retrospective you mostly choose the pics with laughter and loving gestures..
Here are some more I scanned in:

(HOLA, LECTURAS, FIS)
Great photos! ;)
Thanks, iceflower!

...sOfIa.... said:
I have heard it on the news as 'FR' , 'OI' like oy in boy and then 'LAN'.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!
That's correct, Sofia! ;)

Don't you think that the stroke that Jamie suffered aged him a lot? If you look at the engagement and early pictures before the stroke he seems younger and more handsome. I think that his ill health has had an impact upon the marriage but I seem to think that Elena must love him even if it is not shown as much in public

What do you think?

Linda 85

Last edited:
A kiss says more than thousand words...:) Elena and Jaime in 1997:

kb7ptx.jpg

(HOLA)

these pics where the time they were in love. hands and kisses.

iceflower said:
Maybe it only seems as if the past had been happier, as in a retrospective you mostly choose the pics with laughter and loving gestures..
Here are some more I scanned in:

(HOLA, LECTURAS, FIS)
i can't see the 1st two. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I reposted the pics of that post, can you see them now?

i thought this was an interesting photo: i found it in the webpage of the school where the infanta teaches english to 1st level children.

here is the webpage of the school and the source for the photo:
http://www.micosmiprimercole.com/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed very interesting to see, carlota, thank you!

Here is one more pic, if I remember it right it was taken in 2002:

m76lap.jpg

(HOLA)

What were the circumstances of the stroke?

Tinika said:
What were the circumstances of the stroke?

From www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es
December 22/2001

Saturday 22 in the afternoon. Jaime is practicing exercise, in static bicycle , in the gymnasium close to his residence . Then he began to be felt bad and went home.
•In his residence he fainted. A doctor recommended him to go to the hospital.
• Around 8 o'clock in the afternoon, a team of the 061 reports al hospital Gregorio Marañón of the urgent transfer of the duke of Lugo al central. •It was semiinconsciente and the doctors that accompany it, as well as their woman, the infant Elena, they try to maintain him awake. •After valuing his state, Jaime is entered in the Unit of Intensive Cares. •Six hours later, the Warlike doctor, leader of the UCI and part of its team report of the gravity of their state. •Al yerno of the Kings they diagnose him a cerebral heart attack with paralysis of the left side of the body.

I don't have the time right now to fix the grammatical mistakes, I'll do it tonight, sorry:eek:

Last edited:
How tall is Elena since Cristina is 1,79 m

crisiñaki said:
From www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es
December 22/2001

Saturday 22 in the afternoon. Jaime is practicing exercise, in static bicycle , in the gymnasium close to his residence . Then he began to be felt bad and went home.
•In his residence he fainted. A doctor recommended him to go to the hospital.
• Around 8 o'clock in the afternoon, a team of the 061 reports al hospital Gregorio Marañón of the urgent transfer of the duke of Lugo al central. •It was semiinconsciente and the doctors that accompany it, as well as their woman, the infant Elena, they try to maintain him awake. •After valuing his state, Jaime is entered in the Unit of Intensive Cares. •Six hours later, the Warlike doctor, leader of the UCI and part of its team report of the gravity of their state. •Al yerno of the Kings they diagnose him a cerebral heart attack with paralysis of the left side of the body.

I don't have the time right now to fix the grammatical mistakes, I'll do it tonight, sorry:eek:

So he did have some sort of heart attack? Poor soul. And I must say, he does look quite handsome in the pictures taken in the earlier years of the marriage. But at the same time, he seems to have aged quite a bit, undoubtedly due to his medical situation. It is clear he smiled a lot more in the days before that fatal night in 2001, either that, or the paparazzi only take pictures of the guy when he's in a pensive mood!

(and a note to, I believe, Dakodas's comment: I disagree that Elena only got a reasonably looking guy because she is wealthy and from a noble family.
There really <is> much more to a person than just the exterior, and a lot of people are aware of this, believe it or not. I know various good-to-great looking people whose spouses are not-so-good looking: ultimately, whatever good looks someone is blessed with, time waits for no one, and good looks eventually fade.
What remains is whether someone is ultimately a good person, yes or no, and whether they are fun to be with, interesting to talk to, gregarious, loyal, etc.
For example, I am convinced that ultimately the reason why so many people are partial to Holland's princess Maxima, is because of her vivacious personality, her intelligence combined with her sense of fun and down-to-earthness. I am convinced these very qualities made Alexander fall in love with her, much more so than her pretty face. After all, pretty faces are a dime a dozen. Heck, you can buy one if you so crave.

I'm convinced that the reason that Jaime married Elena was because he loved her: if he would have wanted to marry a 'pretty face', I'm sure with his upper-class background and, at the time, decently handsome looks, he could have done just that had he wanted to.)

Elena & Jaime, Mallorca 2003 (from www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es):

Jaime is the lucky one in the relationship because he has a woman that stands by his side in the ups and downs, most people won't do that

Last edited:
princess olga said:
So he did have some sort of heart attack? Poor soul.
quote]

Princess Olga -- what was written was that he had a "cerebral heart attack" or, in other words, a stroke. As I understand it, he only had that, not complications to his heart. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Emily said:
princess olga said:
So he did have some sort of heart attack? Poor soul.
quote]

Princess Olga -- what was written was that he had a "cerebral heart attack" or, in other words, a stroke. As I understand it, he only had that, not complications to his heart. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You're right, Emily, he suffered a stroke that paralyzed the left side of his body for a while, he's kind of okay now since the attack was on december 2001 (the worst birthday and christmas ever for poor Elena).

He spend almost a year in New York to work on his rehab with Elena and the kids

On the other hand, here are the heights of the SRF women:
Letizia: 1.67 cm
Sofía: 1.74 cm
Elena: 1.76 cm
Cristina: 1.79 cm
I found these data in an Hola magazine of 1998, except for Letizia's height that was stated in TVE website when she worked there; so I believe the information is correct

Last edited:
thank you again for the photos, rchainho!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom