Infanta Elena & Family Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the first picture thread dedicated to the Dukes of Lugo.

This is a thread for you to post "new" pictures of "older" events.

Please remember to do so using an ImageShack or Photobucket account, pictures attached to the forum will be deleted by the moderators without warning to the poster.

To post pictures of the Dukes' Children, please refer to their respective threads:

Froilán: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474
Victoria: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475

Have fun and happy posting!

Last edited:
I'd like to post some photos of Infanta Elena and Don Jaime at Delphine Arnault wedding. In these she is smilling :D (hola knows how to picture a Borbón ;) ) (Administrators are, obviously, free to delete it). These pictures are from Hola magazine.

(Aren't Jaime pants tooooo short?!:eek: ) (with cousin Beltrán and wife Laura) (I love this side-looking of her hair:) )

Thanks for scanning these photos, mtbcm! :)
In the 1.st one, we can finally see a good photo of the outfit Elena took to Delphine Arnault's wedding... (and yes, Jaime's pants are as much short as his hair's shiny :D )

mtbcm said:
In these she is smilling :D (hola knows how to picture a Borbon
Casareal should get HOLA to do their official pictures:D . The Infanta looks great. And I love Laura Ponte, she is so original and does not dress like everyone else, and I also find her very beautiful

Larzen said:
Casareal should get HOLA to do their official pictures:D . The Infanta looks great. And I love Laura Ponte, she is so original and does not dress like everyone else, and I also find her very beautiful

Larzen Larzen Larzen ;) ,
Not always Laura looks so great. You must take a look to this photo of Laura and Beltrán arrived church. But I agree with you she looked great at the party. And she IS beautifull, the problem is that she always looks so serious, almost angry...:eek:

Regards and thank you for your comments and appreciations :) . You are all very kind!

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Not always Laura looks so great. You must take a look to this photo of Laura and Beltrán arrived church.
...the syndrome of the satellite dish... :p

Prinsesse Elena
POLFOTO 19.O09.2005 Infanta Elena of Spain and her husband Jaime de Marichalar attend the wedding of Delphine Arnault and Alessandro Gancia in Bazas, South West of France on September 17, 2005. Photo by ABACAPRESS.COM.

Source: Polfoto

Is it me or is Jaime's suit a little too tight? Elana looks lovely.

Infanta Elena delivered the school standard

At Madrid's Aeronauthical Tecniques School

dana press and rex features

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss these times, when Jaime seemed a much pleasant man... I don't doubt he's still a nice person, but his looks have changed so much! Poor guy!

Elsa M. said:
I miss these times, when Jaime seemed a much pleasant man... I don't doubt he's still a nice person, but his looks have changed so much! Poor guy!
You are talking about Jaime's looks? We must agree, a woman with Elena's looks would never bag someone that good looking if she were not royal or rich.

I didn't say that. Elena may not have the most beautiful face, but she has a remarkable body shape (certainly much better than many of us) and she's a cheering person one feels pleased to be with (or so she's said to be). And Jaime seemed a pleasant man as well. I just said I felt sorry for how much the stroke changed his looks and his humours... He seemed such a nice guy, when he got married and now he's always sad or... weird.

I think that Jaime de Marichalar changed due to what it happened in that December of 2001 (I find that it was in 2001).
He saw the death of so near ... that I think that he can have changed therefore.

do we have more close-up pictures of Jaime before his stroke?
i honnestly believe the stroke hasn't affect him that much. compared to most average men, he's still good looking, tall and dark, and suitable with Infanta Elena.
probably a little smile and laugh every now and then would help him for a better public image.

just exactly 10 years ago...

Infanta Elena & Jaime Marichalar on Official Visit to Thailand
December 1, 1995

(all photos courtesy of corbis)

Some pics from hola and corbis http://www.geocities.com/casiraghitrio/spain/elena.html

I think both of these kids look so much like Elena, especially Froilan. Can anyone confirm how to pronounce Froilan? I am American of Spanish descent but my Spanish is not good and I have never encountered the name Froilan other than in reference to this little cutie. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how to pronounce it, but I can't describe it, Casiraghi ;) But there are some experts around here, maybe they'll find your answer..

I scanned in some of my pics of Elena and Jaime - hope you like them!!

jb5jmf.jpg
jb5ljc.jpg
jb5l37.jpg

jb5lao.jpg
jb5lqx.jpg
jb5lzr.jpg

(HOLA, SEMANA, LECTURAS)

Elena seems to like her Chanel clutch bags. planetcher, why do you say the happy times are gone? Have the recent pics of Elena and Jaime not been so happy? I haven't seen any very new ones.

planetcher said:
The happier times, where did they all go?:(
Maybe it only seems as if the past had been happier, as in a retrospective you mostly choose the pics with laughter and loving gestures..
Here are some more I scanned in:
kb9dom.jpg
kb9cv6.jpg
kb9f8k.jpg

kb9g78.jpg
kb9ftg.jpg

(HOLA, LECTURAS, FIS)

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
Can anyone confirm how to pronounce Froilan?

I have heard it on the news as 'FR' , 'OI' like oy in boy and then 'LAN'.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Back
Top Bottom