Felipe Juan Froilán de Marichalar's First Communion: May 24, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisiñaki

Heir Apparent
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Froilán is doing his First Communion the 24th of May with his school mates of Saint Patrick's school in Madrid

Let's wait for another family gathering:flowers:

i hope to see all royal family with froilan.

Thanks for the pic at the bullfight, lula, great shot :)

And thanks for the information that Froilan will have his first communion, Cris!
How exciting, the first grandchild will have it, hopefully we'll see pics and that
they'll all have a great day to remember.

Froilán prepares himself for the Communion

The Dukes of Lugo took advantage of San Isidro's past bridge - festively in Madrid - to move to Zaragoza and to expire with the tradition of happening under the mantle of the Virgin of Pilar to their two children: Felipe - known popularly as Froilán-, that next July 17 will expire nine years old , and Victoria Federica, who has six years old.

According to the tradition, the children must expire with this rite to receive the benediction of the Virgin of Pilar before realizing the First Communion. And everything seems to indicate that the major grandson of Their Majesties the Kings will receive this sacrament in the next days, together with his companions of the college San Patricio, of Madrid, who is where he studies.

ABC.es: gente - gente - Froilán se prepara para la Comunión

FELIPE JUAN FROILÁN WILL RECEIVE the FIRST COMUNIÓN WITH HIS COMPANIONS DE COLEGIO
He will celebrate it in private with the Royal Family next 24th of May
Felipe, who is being educated, according to a director of the center “like a student more in the idea that a day will have to work to gain the life, and mainly in which is to be a good person”, will celebrate by desire of its parents, the infant Doña Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar, his first comunión with all its companions in the chapel of the school. He will wear the traditional white suit - that the center brings from Great Britain from 1959 - and will live the ceremony with the same illusion that all the other children without nothing external interferes then of the “internalization”.
As much the teaching staff, that it participates in the celebrations - that one is one of the reasons for which the comuniones of this center are celebrated in workable days, as the parents of the students defend, from always, the position of which the Sacrament is an intimate act and that not even the own family must take photographic or video cameras.
FELIPE JUAN FROILÁN RECIBIRÁ LA PRIMERA COMUNIÓN CON SUS COMPAÑEROS DE COLEGIO

Last edited:
Ja, I got the exclusive!:lol::lol::lol:
I posted it before it came on the news

Anyone knows why did they chose that date? the closest "Holy" date is Pentecost (27th of May)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing the family on the 26th for Felipe's first communion. Hopefully it will be a real family event

crm2317 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing the family on the 26th for Felipe's first communion. Hopefully it will be a real family event
the communion date is 24th of may!!

meac said:
the communion date is 24th of may!!

Sorry meac thanks for the correction:flowers: Thats even better I don't have to wait as long

FELIPE JUAN FROILÁN CELEBRARÁ SU PRIMERA COMUNIÓN MAÑANA EN LA IGLESIA DE LOS PADRES DOMINICOS

FELIPE JUAN FROILÁN WILL CELEBRATE HIS FIRST COMMUNION TOMORROW IN THE CHURCH OF THE PARENTS DOMINICANS

At the mass there will be present his grandparents, the Kings, his parents, the dukes of Lugo, and his grandmother and godmother, the countess widow of Ripalda. After the ceremony there will be a familiar celebration in the palace of the Zarzuela.

Felipe Juan Froilán, who will expire nine years on July 17 and he has been prepared for the meeting by Jesus in the Eucharist, in the college where he studies, the San Patricio, he will receive tomorrow, on May 24, at 11 a.m., his first communion in the church of "San Pedro Mártir del teologado de los Padres Dominicos " of Alcobendas (Madrid).

That in few hours we will have the photos of Felipe of COMMUNION well !!!!

lula said:
FELIPE JUAN FROILÁN CELEBRARÁ SU PRIMERA COMUNIÓN MAÑANA EN LA IGLESIA DE LOS PADRES DOMINICOS

FELIPE JUAN FROILÁN WILL CELEBRATE HIS FIRST COMMUNION TOMORROW IN THE CHURCH OF THE PARENTS DOMINICANS

At the mass there will be present his grandparents, the Kings, his parents, the dukes of Lugo, and his grandmother and godmother, the countess widow of Ripalda. After the ceremony there will be a familiar celebration in the palace of the Zarzuela.

Felipe Juan Froilán, who will expire nine years on July 17 and he has been prepared for the meeting by Jesus in the Eucharist, in the college where he studies, the San Patricio, he will receive tomorrow, on May 24, at 11 a.m., his first communion in the church of "San Pedro Mártir del teologado de los Padres Dominicos " of Alcobendas (Madrid).

familiar celebration: does that mean pictures of the entire family?

Princess Robijn said:
familiar celebration: does that mean pictures of the entire family?

I think that "familiar celebration" means they are having a family party afterwards. I'm pretty positive the party will be private but am sure we will see pics of the family outside the church.

marezdote said:
I think that "familiar celebration" means they are having a family party afterwards. I'm pretty positive the party will be private but am sure we will see pics of the family outside the church.

Today is a big day for Froilan!!, his Firts Communion !

Aww I'm sure he will be wonderful.:flowers:

Felipe Juan Froilán Marichalar and Borbón, greater grandson of the Kings, today received the First Comunión next to nineteen companions of his school, San Patricio, in a religious ceremony which they attended Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía.

Felipe, as they call to him familiarly, was placed next to his companions nine children and ten children in the three banks of the first row, whereas his grandparents, the Kings, his parents, Dukes de Lugo, and their paternal grandmother, Conception Sáenz de Tejada, countess widow of Ripalda, were in the bank that was immediately behind.

Its uncles, Prince Felipe and the Dukes of Palma de Mallorca, as well as the sister of Doña Sofía, princess Irene of Greece, followed the ceremony from the third row.

They also attended the Dukes of Soria, Infant Margarita and Carlos Zurita. Like all the parents, Doña Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, went half an hour to the enclosure before the administration of the sacrament began, in a vehicle in also went its two children, Felipe and Victoria Federica, and that Duke de Lugo lead.

The last ones in arriving, seconds before the estimated time for the religious act, were the Kings, who put for the average graphs, in spite of bad weather with strong storms that whips these days to Madrid and other parts of Spain.
The act needed their cousins, as much the children of Infant Cristina like the two children of Princes de Asturias, and Doña Letizia, whom second daughter, the small Sofía had to his, only twenty-four days ago and which feeds personally.

Lavanguardia.es - Noticias, actualidad, última hora - Gente, Moda, Sociedad, Cronica rosa - El nieto mayor de los Reyes recibe la Primera Comunión

Aww he looks so handsome in his sailor suit:wub:

Paty and InfantaLeonor, many thanks for all the links.

It's very impressive to see how this ceremony is doing to do some reflexions in the mental landscape of this young children boys and girls. I find very well that it's not a pleasure party for the photographs.

Felipe Foilan, too kind with his mariner suit:wub:

Thanks again:flowers: :flowers:

Last edited:
Little Felipe lokes so cute in his little suit. How nice to see so much of his family supporting him on this special day. I think the Queen looks so proud of her grandchild!

great photos! elena looks amazingly elegant, just as always, jaime looks really proud and victoria federica simply adorable and really trendy in her trench! she is already just as elegant as mum. such a shame letizia or froilan's cousins couldn't be there. would have been a lovely family photo!

The pictures were all lovely thanks to the posters. The royal ladies Elena, Christina and Sofia all looked very elegant:flowers:

PPE agency have some pictures from this event. The picture is only missing Letizia imo. Family look beautiful

why do they have him dressed in a "sailor suit"? If it is not a tradition, or something that they do in Spain when they make their Communion, I think he is a little too old to be dressed in this manner. I think a nice suit and tie would have looked much better on this handsome young man.
And as for his sister, why do they insist on putting those huge "Nelly Olsen" type bows in her hair!! (Those people who live in the states and have seen the Little house on the Prairie show, know what I'm talking about)
I don't mean to be mean or sound nansty, but these 2 children to not look happy in any of these pictures.(Maybe its because of the way they are dressed?:rolleyes: )
Everyone else looked very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom