Elena, Felipe Froilán &Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News 2:June 2007- May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Froilan's family sees no other way but a kind of strict foreign school for him, I'll say that they are the only ones knowing what is best for the boy... let's see!

Last edited:
He does not need to be with princes and young sheiks. He needs to be with commoners who don't give a flip snippy about who his grandpa is.

It is not to us to determine what is "needed" in the case of Don Felipe.

Very far away and very in love the perfect relationship for Felipe, Royal Family and Spain.

It is not unusual. Willem-Alexander of Orange-Nassau did his secondary education at the Atlantic College in Llantwit Major, Wales. Guillaume of Nassau did his secondary education at Institut Le Rosey in Rolle, Switzerland. Etc. It has nothing to do with perfect relationships or love but with what the parents think/thought may be best for their sons.

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
From recent reports it seems Froilan needs a serious reality check and I imagine that a U.S. Military school will give that to him. Nobody there will care at all who his family is. He can be yelled at and disciplined and will need to earn the respect of his class.

It is either going to make a man out of him ,give him a reality check and some boundries or he will get the boot.

It is not unusual. Willem-Alexander of Orange-Nassau did his secondary education at the Atlantic College in Llantwit Major, Wales. Guillaume of Nassau did his secondary education at Institut Le Rosey in Rolle, Switzerland. Etc. It has nothing to do with perfect relationships or love but with what the parents think/thought may be best for their sons.

:flowers:

I believe that in past interviews King W-A mentioned that he and his parents felt they needed a little space from each other during those adolescent years.

I believe that in past interviews King W-A mentioned that he and his parents felt they needed a little space from each other during those adolescent years.

That was indeed printed in interviews, W-A was not the world's most dedicated student, and in his teenage years he wanted to get away from the royal life, his future role etc and in Wales he could be a "regular guy"; maybe Felipe JF needs something like that too

I think this 'Military School' is kind of a high school/college that puts high emphasis on military preparation, rigor and physical strength/sports.

It is not a problem to attend college in the US or the UK even when you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so to say, as long as your parents can pay the horrendous fees (not a problem for the SRF).

Military Academy does emphasis rigor and physical sport but mostly it demands complete obedience to superiors. Discipline is the number one key here. Unless the boy is determined to focus the American Armed Forces as a career, we send our sons to Academy to learn self control, efficiency and total respect. Breaking the rules is not tolerated and the old "washing bathroom floors with toothbrush" was in my time a form of punishment for disrespect and rule breaking. It is many times the last step in trying to correct a young boy's wrong behavior before he really gets into trouble. A lot have escaped jail by attending Academy and having their lives turned around brilliantly. It works well [ in my family] and I know that their anger management programs are the best. The Academies scholastic programs are the very best and each student get many hours of personal teaching on subjects that he does not like or is not good at learning. All in all, a win-win situation for a young man that may need help that we know nothing about. These schools are also noted for not showing any favoritism and there is a code of ethics that surpasses many religions who will look 'the other way' for some. I personally think that this move for F is a wonderful choice is his family deems it necessary.

As long as guilt ridden doting Parents don't give in to the inevitable teary pleading to come home and I learned my lesson and why do hate me and this sooo unfair and so on.

Military Academy does emphasis rigor and physical sport but mostly it demands complete obedience to superiors. Discipline is the number one key here. Unless the boy is determined to focus the American Armed Forces as a career, we send our sons to Academy to learn self control, efficiency and total respect. Breaking the rules is not tolerated and the old "washing bathroom floors with toothbrush" was in my time a form of punishment for disrespect and rule breaking. It is many times the last step in trying to correct a young boy's wrong behavior before he really gets into trouble. A lot have escaped jail by attending Academy and having their lives turned around brilliantly. It works well [ in my family] and I know that their anger management programs are the best. The Academies scholastic programs are the very best and each student get many hours of personal teaching on subjects that he does not like or is not good at learning. All in all, a win-win situation for a young man that may need help that we know nothing about. These schools are also noted for not showing any favoritism and there is a code of ethics that surpasses many religions who will look 'the other way' for some. I personally think that this move for F is a wonderful choice is his family deems it necessary.
You seem to mixing up U.S military academies (Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force) and which are extremely competitive undergraduate schools for future military officers and with very rigorous entrance requirements and the many private middle and high schools calling themselves "military academies". Some of them are boarding schools while some are day schools, some are very disciplined and academic but some are just schools for kids that need someone other than their parents to raise them. We don't know which school the young man is going to so speculating on why he is being sent there is useless. Many are designed for young men and women (some are co-ed but not all) that need a strong hand in helping them to grow up.

Last edited:
I hope this will have a good outcome for Froilan and that he'll learn that his behaviour is not how he should behave.

I wonder why Queen Sofia is paying for it, though it's very thoughtful of her to do so. I love how much she cares for her grandchildren, even when they are not behaving at their best she still loves them. She seems to be a very kind and generous woman.

I think HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg spent time there as well.
The advantage of being in the US vs. in Europe is that-as another poster has pointed out-no one here is aware of the fact that he is the grandson of a king. No one will be influenced by his Royal connections.
At Sandhurst he would have been among young men of his own social rank. The fact that Froilan has no title is a mere technicality. His father is an aristocrat, his mother an Infanta.
He is a prince in all but name.
It would be fair to say that Sandhurst has extensive experience of educating and reforming young gentlemen from the upper circles of various countries/kingdoms.
I do believe that Froilan would at least needed to have graduated from high school to attend Sandhurst and he hasn't done that yet. Eighty percent of Sandhurst's cadets are university graduates though a university degree is not required for admission.
Thanks for the information! I thought that the academy accepted younger boys.

In America, Valley Forge Military Academy and Riverside Millersberg Military Academy are the two schools that I know extremely well. Both of these schools hold obedience and discipline as first rule of order. Grades second. Parents know this and expect their child to follow. Yes, some are just wealthy students that live in, but there are also quite a few that need this extra discipline. The official federal government universities {West Point, etc.} are another type altogether. Just money will not get you accepted to those institutions. You need a Letter of Recommendation from Senator or Congressmen along with extremely high grade averages. Then you must serve.

That was indeed printed in interviews, W-A was not the world's most dedicated student, and in his teenage years he wanted to get away from the royal life, his future role etc and in Wales he could be a "regular guy"; maybe Felipe JF needs something like that too
Based upon what I've observed, it appears that Beatrix and Claus were right to have W-A continue his schooling abroad. IMO it gave W-A the break from the royal spotlight and an opportunity to live a more typical student during his adolescent years. Also I'm sure it helped to improve his English skills as well. Wouldn't be surprised if W-A and Maxima give one of their daughters a similar opportunity to study abroad as well.

She remains now in Spain.
The press is everywhere , how thin she is , I feel sad for her.

I thought Victoria Federica was at St. Mary's in Ascot (England), though it obviously appears that she is back at school in Spain now. It's interesting that she is attending a British school there though, Infanta Elena must like the British education system. I guess she will do GCSEs instead of the Spanish exams then.

I really wish the press would stop commenting about her weight! Hopefully Victoria Federica doesn't see those articles...

Last edited:
For her age it's not abnormal to be lanky (skinny) especially for her height. I'm sure she'll gain some weight as her body develops more. The problem is as soon as she starts to gain weight there will be criticism about her gaining weight.

I think it's very irresponsible of the press to write these sorts of articles about the young royals. Even if Victoria doesn't read the articles herself, I'm sure people around her (friends, kids at school, neighbors, etc) will. I hope these articles don't damage her self-esteem. She seems to be a lovely young lady and the press will write about this until their is something else for them to write about.

I do think Victoria is very thin but as many have said, that's nothing to be worried about. Every child is different and Victoria will soon enter the puberty phase, which is a awkward, and often embarassing situation. Then, her body will start change as nature rules. I hope the weight issues for children and teen become a non topic and the press should just keep their mouth shut..

I don't understand how some parents let their children see these bullfights, princess, princes or not.

I had no idea there was an age requirement to attend the bullfight - is that just a local law? Aren't the bullfights shown on TV on Sunday afternoons?

I didn't know that in Spain there was a minimum age for bullfighting. In Portugal there is. I find it strange that this law exists, the Infanta Elena take their underage daughter to bullfighting.

I don't think Elena worries much. She and JC are fans of bullfighting and they are the royal family. Royal kids do a lot of things that are not 'normal' for other kids.

I've never seen Queen Sofia at the bullfights, Letizia went two or three times in the beginning but stopped going. Felipe rarely goes but hasn't stopped completely probably because as King he is expected to respect tradition. I think he went last year for the last time when he became King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom