Elena, Felipe Froilán &Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News 2:June 2007- May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Marika86! It's always a pleasure to see the Infanta hanging out with her kids.

I hope Froilan will adapt to his school and learn a whole lot of things. I´m sure Victoria shall miss him.
Great photos of the Infanta and her children.

Me too. Maybe Victoria didn`t want to go away from her family so soon, she seems to be a shy, sensitive and fragile (in a good way) girl. Love the photo of Froilan with a teacher who is clearly very happy to see him :lol:

Lula, when will the Infantas start school? 12 September?

Me too. Maybe Victoria didn`t want to go away from her family so soon, she seems to be a shy, sensitive and fragile (in a good way) girl. Love the photo of Froilan with a teacher who is clearly very happy to see him :lol:

It might have just been a tabloid story.

I´m glad Victoria is still in Spain and studying at the same school.IMO she is the kind of child that needs very much the proximity with her family. It was wonderful to see how close she was of little Irene during summer, as well as her other Urdangarin cousins. It will be good for her to be able to have her Father and Mother picking her up at school.

Does anyone know why Froilan goes to boarding school in England? None of the other grandchildren go away to school, so why him? I would think it would be terrible for Elena to be away from her child, she always seemed like such a hands on mother.

Does anyone know why Froilan goes to boarding school in England? None of the other grandchildren go away to school, so why him? I would think it would be terrible for Elena to be away from her child, she always seemed like such a hands on mother.

His father said it was to keep him away from the press.
He seems to be back in Spain for school this year, we saw him with his father and Victoria the other day and there are stories on the press saying he's back.

As much as I love to see pictures of all the Spanish children, I REALLY feel bad for Felipe Froilan, he looks misrable, was he hiding in one of the pictures in the backseat of the car? Knowing how cruel children can be, I wonder if he also doesn't have extra teasing at school because of the phototags hiding around. I personally think, him and Victoria should be left alone unless they are at a public functions

Thank you for the photos of the children. However, it does seem like these are the only grandchildren of the King and Queen who seem to photographed going to and from school on a regular basis. I never saw photos of Inaki and Cristina's children when they were living in Spain nor are there any of them from Washington D.C. The little Infantas seem to have also escaped the photographers as well. Is there better security for the other children than Felipe Froilan and Victoria?

There were photos of the children of Infanta Cristina when they were living in Spain, but the press of Barcelona always has been calmer and respectful than that of Madrid. Also there have been photos of them in Washington, but evidently less.

Infantas Leonor and Sofia live in an isolated palace and always they move in car and with more safety, it is more difficult to obtain photos of them.

As much as I love to see pictures of all the Spanish children, I REALLY feel bad for Felipe Froilan, he looks misrable, was he hiding in one of the pictures in the backseat of the car? Knowing how cruel children can be, I wonder if he also doesn't have extra teasing at school because of the phototags hiding around. I personally think, him and Victoria should be left alone unless they are at a public functions

I agree -
I think the media was always more interested in Felipe since he is the eldest grandchild - a male -, has had kind of a "wild" image in earlier days, plus the ballyhoo about Infanta Elena & her marriage makes these children far more interesting for the press, sad but true.

Cristina & her family always were the more "normal" family, living an idyll far from Madrid. Some boring but nice pics from time to time would do.

I saw a lot of photographs of Infanta Cristina´s children going to a fro school, when they were in Barcelona as well as in Washington, where they live now. The photographers were probably calmer than in Madrid, but it is not surprising there should be an interest in these children.- all of them. Especially since the two Infantas´children are much more visible than Leonor and Sofia. But the interest is everywhere. Not long ago there were photos of little Christian and Sverre Magnus, on their first day of school.

Thank you for the photos of the children. However, it does seem like these are the only grandchildren of the King and Queen who seem to photographed going to and from school on a regular basis. I never saw photos of Inaki and Cristina's children when they were living in Spain nor are there any of them from Washington D.C. The little Infantas seem to have also escaped the photographers as well. Is there better security for the other children than Felipe Froilan and Victoria?
There were photos of Cristina`s children going to/from school when they were living in Barcelona. Remember those cute photos of Irene with a crown on her birthday, among others? I think the paparazzis had the same access to both Cristina`s and Elena`s children, could have waited for them in front of the schools. With the Infantitas it`s different, obviously the photographers don`t have the opportunity to take pictures in front of the school which is a great solution.
I too think that Felipe and Victoria should be left alone, but they probably never will.

Thank you to all who replied to my post. :flowers: Like many of you I feel badly for Elena's children who appear to be unhappy when the paparazzi are around.

I'm glad that the other grandchildren are subject to less coverage in the press.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but was it always intended that the Infanta Elena's son would spend only one year at school in England. ?
I was surprised that he didn't return to England when school re-commenced in September

As the grandchildren of the king and children of an infanta do these kids have titles like his/her excellency?

As the grandchildren of the king and children of an infanta do these kids have titles like his/her excellency?

Yes all of them have the style "His/Her Excellency". The children of the Infantas Elena,Cristina,Pilar & Margarita have the H.E. Don/Doña style, as befits the children of a Infanta of Spain.

Example

The Children of Infanta Elena's full style & title

His Excellency, Don Felipe Juan Froilán de Todos los Santos de Marichalar y Borbón
Her Excellency,Doña Victoria Federica de Todos los Santos de Marichalar y de Borbón

(The Infantas Pilar & Margarita are not in line to the throne nor are their children)

Last edited:
Froilan and Victoria Federica, alone in Baqueira Beret
Fotos Froiln y Victoria Federica visitan Baqueira Beret

Felipe Juan Froilan and Victoria Federica enjoyed this weekend in Baqueira Beret their passion for snow skiing on the snowy mountains. But it did not go unnoticed that they were alone, accompanied only by security members of the royal family. Infanta Elena wasn't seen on the tracks, it seems that she preferred to stay in La Pleta, where the royal family has a house and that is not exposed to the media, to avoid any awkward questions about the case Urdangarin.
Since the media jumped on the controversy, the princess has significantly reduced her public appearances.

I´m so glad that he is recovered from his accident and able to go back to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom