The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Elena and Children

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is way too easy just to paint Felipe down as 'bad boy'. Read my post of 21 September 2014, 11:11 AM and see that reality is often not that simple in real life.
I read it - you are right. There's something going on with this poor child, and it's brutal to write these articles about him.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Felipe has always been bad student, and is a serious case of school failure. He has not passed the second year of secondary, when he should have already finished the fourth, which is the year in which you get the title of compulsory education.

According to Spanish law education, he can no longer repeat the year again, so it is out of formal education, he can not go to a regular school, but would have to enroll in a special course of professional training to get the secondary diploma or access to higher education. The other option is to send him to a private school abroad, where he is accepted despite not having passed in Spain.
Maybe he has some learning disability like dyslexia or ADD, which has gone unnoticed until now.

Anyway, Froilán is not a member of the Royal House and is entitled to the privacy of any ordinary citizen. I don't see why we all have to learn about his school troubles.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Having a grandson who was born with physical defects which have effected his learning, I completely understand now that not all kids can learn in a traditional setting. He is a smart boy but can't process some of the concepts required to read. I am one of the lucky ones because we can afford a private school that is working to get him into programs that work for him. In his last school they refused to believe there was anything wrong other then he was a rascal and a disruption to the classroom. He was embarrassed that he couldn't do what the other kids his age could do so he acted out. He now loves his school and his teacher, I hope that Felipe gets the special training that he deserves so he can become a functioning member of society and not feel bad about himself.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
And with their connections, he'll get a very nice job as well.

The article mentions he has a reputation for being a "rascal" in class... hmmm. when kids have undiscovered disabilities or learning disabilities, or sensory integration dysfunction, they often act out. A well-respected educator at my son's special needs school told me years ago that kids misbehave as a way of crying out for help.

I say this because a lot of parents are in denial over these things. Every kid can learn if given the right environment (although not every kid can learn calculus!) I am concerned here.
I completely agree and have witnessed the same too many times during my teaching career. I hope that Elena and Jaime are exploring as many options as they can to provide their son with an education.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is pretty normal in most countries in Europe: what is the point to let someone do the same course for the third time?
Duc_et_Pair, That is correct. If the student has not succeeded with the study courses after two times, what is the guarantee that the student will pass the courses a third time?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per Bekia,Doña Victoria is leaving the UK and returning to a school in Madrid.

Victoria Federica de Marichalar abandonará su exilio en Reino Unido para estudiar en un caro colegio de Madrid - Bekia

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 05-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Don Felipe de Marichalar attended the recent Champions League match between Real Madrid and Juventus.

https://translate.googleusercontent....CAjf4FSqHw1lzg
Old 05-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

There has been an unpleasant incident at a Madrid amusement park when Felipe tried to jump the queue in order to get on one of the attractions.
When confronted by other children he pulled the 'grandson of JC' card, don't you know who I am, 4th in line of the throne, I don't have to wait.
Then he got angry with an asian boy and called him a f***** Chinese and told him to shut up. There is testimony and even a video of the incident.
Froilán llama "puto chino" a un muchacho de 16 años - elEconomista.es
Old 05-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Majesty

i really do hope elena takes cards on this. discriminatory behaviour must not be tolerated by anyone, let alone the nephew of a king.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Nasty behaviour by this spoilt, arrogant young man. He needs taking in hand.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

Obviously, he has been treated as a little lord most of his life and now it comes back to bite them... This group can't go a month without trouble despite the new monarchs sincere efforts to show a modern loving model Royal family.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

This outburst does not seem like your self-entitled, racist royal of years gone by. I don't think it's "how he was raised" and now the chickens have come home to roost type of thing. The incident seems more indicative of mental illness. I base this in part of everything I've read about him (mostly here). There's something up with Froilan, and the signs have been there. I am more concerned than disgusted at this point (although what he said to the Asian boy is certainly unacceptable and there needs to be an apology, at the least)

I don't follow Elena too much, but wasn't her ex a little off, and was this not the reason for the divorce?
Old 05-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Royal Highness

Froilán always been rebellious behavior. Elena and Jaime need to pay attention to him. Froilán must be called to attention. These behaviors are very serious.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Very sad. But this behavior has to do with how then grew sense that parents of special or Elena because of the divorce you might spoil more the children.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Serene Highness

Wow. Isn't he already 17? His sister never made trouble and seems to be a polite and serious girl. So what went wrong with him?

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 05-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone tell me what's happened, as it appears whomever posted about it, is on my Ignore list. Therefore...So if someone please fill me in on what's happened? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-31-2015, 12:38 AM
Royal Highness

I used Google Translate to translate the article into English, and from what the article says it seems that Felipe is a very difficult and perhaps even troubled young man. I knew of his problems with school and the incident where he shot himself in the foot, but the article (in the poor translation that I read) indicates that he's been having even more issues such as poor choices of friends and promoting a nightclub?

I know that his life must be very difficult at times, what with his parents' divorce, his aunt and uncle's corruption investigation, and his grandfather's abdication, but it does seem that he's been coddled and spoiled and has developed a huge entitlement complex. I remember him being a rather mischievous child, and it seems to have carried on (and gotten worse) as he's become a teenager.

His sister seems rather quiet and serious and not into much trouble, so perhaps it's just his personality and not the way he was raised. Either way, I hope that as he matures he can pull himself together, or that his loved one's can get him whatever help he needs, even if it's just knocking down his pride and entitlement a few notches!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Can someone tell me what's happened, as it appears whomever posted about it, is on my Ignore list. Therefore...So if someone please fill me in on what's happened? Thanks!!

Tigger, apparently Felipe was at an amusement park and tried to cut a line to a ride, and tried to give the "I'm 4th in line to the throne" excuse, and made a racist remark to someone who called him out on it. That's the story that I took from the poor English translation of the article in Spanish.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Tigger, apparently Felipe was at an amusement park and tried to cut a line to a ride, and tried to give the "I'm 4th in line to the throne" excuse, and made a racist remark to someone who called him out on it. That's the story that I took from the poor English translation of the article in Spanish.

Thanks and *groan*... Just what the SRF does not need. More bad behaviour in Public that makes it into the Press. :(

Old 05-31-2015, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It appears that Froilan is quite spiteful and likes to get his own way (an opinion which I'd never had of him until now). I hope he is made aware of how offensive his remarks were to the boy whom his words were aimed at. Such an incident will most likely damage his reputation more.

And it's not like he is officially visiting the theme park, so it wasn't that wise of him to jump the que, which is an action that he should've known that at least someone was going to react to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
This outburst does not seem like your self-entitled, racist royal of years gone by. I don't think it's "how he was raised" and now the chickens have come home to roost type of thing. The incident seems more indicative of mental illness. I base this in part of everything I've read about him (mostly here). There's something up with Froilan, and the signs have been there. I am more concerned than disgusted at this point (although what he said to the Asian boy is certainly unacceptable and there needs to be an apology, at the least)

I don't follow Elena too much, but wasn't her ex a little off, and was this not the reason for the divorce?
That's an interesting thought, I also think this unfortunate incident is more to do with Froilan's personality rather than how he was raised, because his sister Victoria Federica seems more well behaved (but she does go to an English public school where most of the other students will have good manners).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
froilán de marichalar, victoria de marichalar