The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Elena and Children

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Spanish press is picking up on the topic of the extreme thinness of Victoria. There were some articles in the german press already last week, with regard to the photos taken at the funeral of Jaime's mother.
La prensa alemana se saca de la manga una polémica inexistente sobre Victoria Federica - Noticias de Casas Reales

Is Victoria still attending school in the UK? I'd not want to live in Spain as a grandchild of the Kings that is not important to the succession.
Vanitatis will 'write' anything it wants I guess,must have been a slow day for royal news

Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Spanish press is picking up on the topic of the extreme thinness of Victoria. There were some articles in the german press already last week, with regard to the photos taken at the funeral of Jaime's mother.
La prensa alemana se saca de la manga una polémica inexistente sobre Victoria Federica - Noticias de Casas Reales
The article says that Victoria is trying to emulate Letizia by becoming so thin. I think that Victoria just has her father's metabolism and naturally thin build.

The Bourbon woman all keep a close eye on what they eat. Queen Sofia is a vegetarian. She has said that they keep very little food at the Palace. When Elena and Cristina were young adults they were sent off to a spa to lose weight and both slimmed down quite a bit. Cristina says that she must exercise because, if not, instead of an "infanta" she will become an "elefante."

Old 05-29-2014, 04:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jaime and Felipe Marichalar at Madrid Amusement Park

Froilán y su padre, divertida tarde de atracciones - Diez Minutos
Old 05-31-2014, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Jaime and Felipe Marichalar at Madrid Amusement Park

Froilán y su padre, divertida tarde de atracciones - Diez Minutos

Bekia

Froilán se divierte en el parque de atracciones con Jaime de Marichalar y un amigo - Bekia
Old 06-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

elmundo confirms that victoria federica is studying in a catholic boarding school in the UK, in St Leonards-Mayfield School.

St Leonards-Mayfield School | Mayfield | LEA:East Sussex | East Sussex | The Good Schools Guide

Las bromas de la infanta Elena sobre su propio exilio | loc | EL MUNDO
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

According to Royal Musings, Froilan had bad grades in his exams this year and as a result, is attending a summer school, the Colegio Episcopal Sagrada Familia de Sigüenza. It has also been reported that he will study for seven-nine hours a day, and will only be allowed to use his phone for half an hour before he goes to bed. The summer schools costs €1,540 and apparently eleven bodyguards accompanied him on his arrival:

Royal Musings: Summer school for Froilan.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
According to Royal Musings, Froilan had bad grades in his exams this year and as a result, is attending a summer school, the Colegio Episcopal Sagrada Familia de Sigüenza. It has also been reported that he will study for seven-nine hours a day, and will only be allowed to use his phone for half an hour before he goes to bed. The summer schools costs €1,540 and apparently eleven bodyguards accompanied him on his arrival:

Eleven bodyguards?

Is the schooling, etc paid by Eleana or the SRF?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I know, eleven bodyguards seems very excessive. Just the one would've been more appropriate. I don't know who paid for the summer school, I presume Elena did but again am not 100% sure.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

this article mentions that felipe juan froilan has unfortunately repeated his 2nd course of secondary school twice. he has been sent to a boarding school in the hope he will be able to concentrate on his studies. (2nd of secondary school corresponds more or less to the class 13-14 year olds go to in spain)

La jubilaci?n del Rey Juan Carlos: piscina, paseos y gimnasio | loc | EL MUNDO
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-13-2014, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

Eleven bodyguards sounds excessive seeing as he is no longer a member of the Royal Family and is the Kings nephew.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am afraid for his future ..
A young kit has to study 7 to 11 hours a day , arriving in his school with eleven bodyguards.
Not good for his integration in his new School .
Old 07-13-2014, 06:38 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Not even the pope has 11 bodyguards, I doubt it's true. What is not true that Felipe has been struggling in school all along, he might not even finish the mandatory part.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe he is not bright. Why would he have 11 bodyguards. No one knows who he is.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Courtier

I wonder if he has a learning problem. Maybe ADHD. If so I hope it is being treated. As the Mother of 3 sons with ADHD, I know is can be very stressful,
Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Is Victoria still attending school in the UK? I'd not want to live in Spain as a grandchild of the Kings that is not important to the succession.
What an awful article! I honestly think whoever writes this is terrible. Why would you do something like this to a teenager? And of course they are trying to blame it on Letizia again

Besides, it's not abnormal to be thin at this stage for Victoria. I noticed many girls around Victoria's age are usually thinner. This will be different after 2-3 years. The press is really desperate.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Royal Highness

I feel sorry for these royal, or semi-royal, or whatever, kids in the public eye.

Victoria does not look that thin to me, and shame on the press for reporting it period, no matter what her weight.

As for Froilan, sounds like the poor kid has learning disabilities. A special school sounds like it would do more for him than summer school. Although I wonder if there isn't incredible turmoil and conflict behind the scenes in la familia de Bourbon. I'd be surprised if there weren't, and such conflict can trickle down emotionally to the kids in the form of bad grades, bad behavior, etc. I just thought that out of all the grandkids of JC, Victoria and Froilan were spared the worst of it. Perhaps not.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Sofia visits her grandson Don Felipe Juan

La reina Sof?a visita a Froil?n en el internado - Chic
Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think their father was not an easy boy and man !
I thought the problems came because of his illness , but people told me that the situation between Elena and him was already before.

Great that Queen Sofia visited him as his other grandmother died a few months ago.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I feel sorry for these royal, or semi-royal, or whatever, kids in the public eye.

Victoria does not look that thin to me, and shame on the press for reporting it period, no matter what her weight.

As for Froilan, sounds like the poor kid has learning disabilities. A special school sounds like it would do more for him than summer school. Although I wonder if there isn't incredible turmoil and conflict behind the scenes in la familia de Bourbon. I'd be surprised if there weren't, and such conflict can trickle down emotionally to the kids in the form of bad grades, bad behavior, etc. I just thought that out of all the grandkids of JC, Victoria and Froilan were spared the worst of it. Perhaps not.
Did you ever see the photos of Victoria and her sock when the Lugos were in the last years of their marriage? She frequently carried one of her socks with her especially at the photocalls. Also I never liked that the media were often camped outside their school waiting to photograph them and their parents. I always thought that the tension in the household was affecting the kids during that time.

I agree about Froilan and learning disabilities.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think the article about Victoria's weight is unnecessary. I've never liked how the Spanish press create rumours about the children - well, creating rumours about the adults is bad enough (just look at some of the things they've said about Letizia). I remember reading once that Froilan had to disguise himself from the press when he went out with friends. He's only 16 yet he already hates the media.

On another note, it was Froilan's birthday the other day. I know that Queen Sofia has visited him since it's been posted here, but I wonder if Elena or other members of the SRF visited him on his birthday. I think that it's a little harsh to leave him at the school on his birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Did you ever see the photos of Victoria and her sock when the Lugos were in the last years of their marriage? She frequently carried one of her socks with her especially at the photocalls. Also I never liked that the media were often camped outside their school waiting to photograph them and their parents. I always thought that the tension in the household was affecting the kids during that time.

I agree about Froilan and learning disabilities.
I've been looking through the earlier pages of this thread and have seen the photos of Victoria and her socks. Most members here at the time seemed to think they were just like security blankets.

Join my new group!

Tags
froilán de marichalar, victoria de marichalar