The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Elena and Children

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I thought Victoria Federica was at St. Mary's in Ascot (England), though it obviously appears that she is back at school in Spain now. It's interesting that she is attending a British school there though, Infanta Elena must like the British education system. I guess she will do GCSEs instead of the Spanish exams then.

I really wish the press would stop commenting about her weight! Hopefully Victoria Federica doesn't see those articles...

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Courtier

For her age it's not abnormal to be lanky (skinny) especially for her height. I'm sure she'll gain some weight as her body develops more. The problem is as soon as she starts to gain weight there will be criticism about her gaining weight.

I think it's very irresponsible of the press to write these sorts of articles about the young royals. Even if Victoria doesn't read the articles herself, I'm sure people around her (friends, kids at school, neighbors, etc) will. I hope these articles don't damage her self-esteem. She seems to be a lovely young lady and the press will write about this until their is something else for them to write about.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I do think Victoria is very thin but as many have said, that's nothing to be worried about. Every child is different and Victoria will soon enter the puberty phase, which is a awkward, and often embarassing situation. Then, her body will start change as nature rules. I hope the weight issues for children and teen become a non topic and the press should just keep their mouth shut..
Old 09-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Victoria is thin but very, very tall, like her father, so maybe things look different in a few years.
Vanitatis says that Victoria had excellent grades in GB and continues her education in Spain while Frolian went to a military academy in Florida
La nueva vida de Marichalar: entre la aventura joyera y las escapadas a Barcelona. Noticias de Noticias
Old 03-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

Froilán regresa a España y continúa con la tradición familiar taurina. Noticias de Casas Reales
Old 06-16-2016, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Don Jaime de Marichalar denies that the police had to pick up his son Don Felipe Juan Froilan de Marichalar after a night of partying.

Jaime de Marichalar desmiente que la Policía tuviera que ir a rescatar a Froilán tras una noche de fiesta - Bekia

https://translate.googleusercontent....a92Q8_CmZWQRRw
Old 06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Infanta Elena and her son Don Felipe Juan Froilan de Marichalar attended a bull fight at Torrejon de Ardoz in Madrid.

La infanta Elena y su hijo Felipe disfrutan de una jornada taurina

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 07-18-2016, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Don Felipe Juan Froilan de Marichalar celebrated his 18th Birthday at a Japanese restaurant in Madrid with his father and actor Mario Casas.

Froilán sopla las velas de su 18 cumpleaños con Mario Casas y una fiesta bañada en champán - Bekia

https://translate.googleusercontent....gJnFErk0szrO6A
Old 08-14-2016, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It seems that Doña Victoria Federica de Marichalar attendance at a Bullfight has caused a bit of trouble as she is under 16 and its against the law.

El Ayuntamiento de Palma castigará la presencia de Victoria Federica en los toros - Bekia

Old 08-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't understand how some parents let their children see these bullfights, princess, princes or not.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had no idea there was an age requirement to attend the bullfight - is that just a local law? Aren't the bullfights shown on TV on Sunday afternoons?
Old 08-15-2016, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Depends on the region. In most areas it seems, some you have to be 12. As for shown on TV, so are age restricted movies and shows, leave it to parents to supervise what is watched at home.

Palma has been facing increasing pressure from protestors who want to shut it down all together to crack down on kids going.

Alcudia bullfight to have children's area to keep them out of the bullring » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin
Old 08-15-2016, 04:30 AM
Royal Highness

I didn't know that in Spain there was a minimum age for bullfighting. In Portugal there is. I find it strange that this law exists, the Infanta Elena take their underage daughter to bullfighting.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I don't think Elena worries much. She and JC are fans of bullfighting and they are the royal family. Royal kids do a lot of things that are not 'normal' for other kids.

I've never seen Queen Sofia at the bullfights, Letizia went two or three times in the beginning but stopped going. Felipe rarely goes but hasn't stopped completely probably because as King he is expected to respect tradition. I think he went last year for the last time when he became King.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't think Elena worries much. She and JC are fans of bullfighting and they are the royal family. Royal kids do a lot of things that are not 'normal' for other kids.

I've never seen Queen Sofia at the bullfights, Letizia went two or three times in the beginning but stopped going. Felipe rarely goes but hasn't stopped completely probably because as King he is expected to respect tradition. I think he went last year for the last time when he became King.
And the Infanta Cristina? She got to go some times?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
And the Infanta Cristina? She got to go some times?
I can't recall seeing her at a bullfight, ever, very much like her mother. I remember to read that both are vegetarians and do not condone killing an animal.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Yes it seems King Juan Carlos and Infanta Elena are the only bullfighting fans in the family,I don't ever recall seeing Queen Sofia attend one.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Felipe de Marichalar (article and video):

Froilán en su primera entrevista: "Se tendría que tener respeto ante un ser humano"
Old 09-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.E.Don Felipe de Marichalar speaks on tv for the 1st time

Felipe de Marichalar habla por primera vez en televisión

Old 09-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Spanish journalist Jaime Peñafiel described Don Felipe de Marichalar as a "a snobby brat with inadequate friendships".

Jaime Peñafiel carga contra Froilán: "Es un niñato pijo con amistades inadecuadas" - Bekia

Tags
froilán de marichalar, victoria de marichalar