The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Elena and Children

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Nobility

Keep in mind that the list covers the past 11 years, going back to when he was about 5. If these things had all happened in the last 18 months, I would find it concerning, but over the course of a decade, not so much.

And, to be fair, the lists reflect the media's spin on his actions. What may have been typical rough-housing that got out of control suddenly becomes Froilan trying to stab his cousin. A moment when a teenager tries to show off for his friends turns into an attempted fraud with a Rolex.

But, I agree that he seems like he needs some more guidance. A bratty kid or rebellious teen is one thing, but if that kind of behavior continues, he'll be either a boorish jerk or a tragedy-in-the-making.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Did that article say that he actually tried to stab Pablo with a kebab stick after headbutting him?
It does but I only mentioned the headlines

Old 06-03-2015, 04:50 AM
Courtier

Do any of you so down on Froilan have sons and actually know what they get up to? Most of those so called incidents are just the usual stuff of boyhood, a tantrum as a 5 year, pulling a face while on the phone, roughhousing with a cousin that got out of control. all normal stuff of boyhood. The only one that really is of concern is the recent racist incident. He is 16 now and should behave better. My real concern with that incident is not so much the racist insult but rather the implied arrogance and feeling of superiority and entitlement of the ' i'm fourth in line to the throne' .
Old 06-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Royal Highness

http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainm...-1227381880504

It made a Aussie news page

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

It is all normal adolescent behaviour. Boys will loose wild hairs and settle down. It is the eternal story. Nothing to be so upset about.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

I can't help feeling sorry for him. His father suffered a stroke that changed his character when he was young, his parents are divorced, his whole family is constantly under scrutiny. He may enjoy everything that goes with wealth, that had never and will never bring automatically psychological stability. Nearly all teenagers have rebellious moments, but not everyone has his stupid moments in the paper headlines. Being a teenager and having every rebellious move on the newspapers headlines is surely not a position I envy. I wish the newspapers would let alone, it would be much better for him than being the main focus of educational discussions.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Hear! Hear! Many adolescents will do stupid things. Smoking weed, get very drunk in a weekend, engage in a brawl somewhere when tensions go high, use inappropriate words or even swearing. None of them will make the headlines. And all this while Felipe even is no Prince at all.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Royal Highness

I would add that I don't regard all these incidents as not worthy to be dealt with. They are to be dealt with appropriately to help this young boy to become a fine man. But privately, with people knowing him and able to help him, not by the whole country nor the whole royal watchers community.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I would add that I don't regard all these incidents as not worthy to be dealt with. They are to be dealt with appropriately to help this young boy to become a fine man. But privately, with people knowing him and able to help him, not by the whole country nor the whole royal watchers community.
exactly the way it should be handled.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Serene Highness

He may just be a spoiled rich kid who when he can't get his way throws a tantrum. As for him failing he may just not like school and not put any effort in to pass perhaps he wants to go another route.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

This royal uses his money and privilege to act like a giant ass | New York Post
Old 06-04-2015, 03:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I fail to see how he used his money, as the title of the article describes, to misbehave. Although his comments were appaling I think it is sad that the press uses the story for another article about 'spoiled rich kid' that people adore, while vilifying an underage boy. This should have been dealt with privately.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Don Froilán is accused of racially abusing student at a Madrid theme park | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, and I know this is two weeks old, but I didn't see anything on the Spanish forum about this incident. Thoughts?

I was really appalled. It reminded me of the kind of arrogant, entitled behavior exhibited by some other members of the family.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...heme-park.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-12-2015, 01:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Felipe Juan Froilán & Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News Part 2: June 2007 -

I think this behavior was appalling. This is no boys being boys thing, this sounds like an absolutely toxic level of privilege and total lack of consideration for others. He's 16 and if he doesn't know better then to behave that way, something's gone very wrong.

And this happened in a public space in front of witnesses where there was no expectation of privacy, so I'm glad he's being held accountable in the press

Old 06-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

A spoiled young adolescent......yes. What I would like to do is give Froilan a swift kick in the pants, but I think he hasn't had anyone actually say the word "no" to him all his life. Yes, his parents divorced and I'm sure it was rough for him and his sister and I have the feeling both children were indulged in by both parents to make up for the situation. Yes, Jaime had a stroke, but he appears to be doing well for the last several years, Froilan needs tough guidance and yes, even if he's doing poorly in school. We don't know if it's truly being unable to understand and perform his academic work or if he just doesn't give a rip and uses it to gain attention. I hate to say it and brand Froilan, but I can foresee him as being continually in trouble all his life for one reason or another.
Perhaps the military would be good for him. A military school other than in England or the US where he isn't catered too and has to learn discipline.
The trouble is, a young man has to have good academic qualifications to enter. I just see how much the military helped the Wales brothers. However, on another Royal MB, an interview was posted by Elena and she stated both children were doing well and no problems. Time will tell.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, and I know this is two weeks old, but I didn't see anything on the Spanish forum about this incident. Thoughts?

I was really appalled. It reminded me of the kind of arrogant, entitled behavior exhibited by some other members of the family.

Spain prince in racist rant at Madrid theme park - Telegraph

Yes, it was already posted... i don't know if I found it in the general news... a disgraceful incident indeed...
Old 06-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

Spain prince in racist rant at Madrid theme park - Telegraph

This incident has been discussed for over two pages on this thread now?
Old 06-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This incident has been discussed for over two pages on this thread now?
I think the message you were quoting was originally posted in another thread but moved here later (which creates a bit of a weird effect )
Old 06-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Thanks it did sound weird

Tags
froilán de marichalar, victoria de marichalar