The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Jaime de Marichalar is ill? What ails him?

Jaime had a stroke in 2001

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ke-in-gym.html


it is said that the recovery was kind of character changing and contributed to the failure of the marriage. so the children's upbringing was probably not easy.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 03-13-2019, 08:34 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 19,263
They are not part of the Royal Family, and therefore who decides if they have bodyguards or not, depending on the risks they value is the Interior Ministry.

Elena has bodyguards, but I have great doubts that her children, now that they are adults, still have them. The nephews of Juan Carlos never had them, and only that the government thought that there is some kind of risk because they are more known would justify that the children of Elena had them.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 03-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
https://www.clm24.es/articulo/gente/...014237642.html
https://translate.google.de/translat...014237642.html

Most articles mention it, and it poses a problem when they attending demostrations against the Sanchez government or events hosted by right wing parties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Interesting. I didn't think they would be considered "important" enough in terms of succession for bodyguards; though the SRF is on a rocky road as it is so if true I can imagine the court are just being cautious. But attending right wing demonstrations doesn't help ease this rocky road
Do you mean that it would have been considered a milder problem (or not a problem at all) for the Royal Family if they had instead attended left wing or pro-Sanchez government events?
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 03-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
They are not part of the Royal Family, and therefore who decides if they have bodyguards or not, depending on the risks they value is the Interior Ministry.

Elena has bodyguards, but I have great doubts that her children, now that they are adults, still have them. The nephews of Juan Carlos never had them, and only that the government thought that there is some kind of risk because they are more known would justify that the children of Elena had them.

Maybe you are right, and Felipe uses Elena's bodyguards, what doesn't make it any better.

There are various articles about Felipe and his escapades and usually bodyguards are mentioned.
https://www.elnacional.cat/enblau/es...50536_102.html


Quote:
Do you mean that it would have been considered a milder problem (or not a problem at all) for the Royal Family if they had instead attended left wing or pro-Sanchez government events?
There have been similar discussions about the bodyguard issues in the BRF section with Harry (who is of course a member of the BRF and has now settled down), whose state-funded bodyguards were around when he partied hard in Las Vegas and went to a costume party in a Nazi outfit:
the bodyguard has to do the job, the judgement or thinking have to do others.
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 7,716
But Elena and her children are allowed to vote, aren't they?
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,928
Elena,Felipe Juan Froilán &Victoria Federica de Marichalar,News Part 2:June 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Do you mean that it would have been considered a milder problem (or not a problem at all) for the Royal Family if they had instead attended left wing or pro-Sanchez government events?


Without wanting to turn this into a political discussion (just felt that I needed to clarify before words would be put in my mouth): Quite the oposite in fact. I would prefer for Elena’s children not to attend ANY political demonstrations regardless of whether they’re supporting the left or the right stance, as whilst they’re private citizens, their names are still connected to the Casa Real and traditionally royalty and politics aren’t meant to mix regardless of what “wing” a royal supports. The SRF are on thin enough ice as it is and they don’t need any more negative PR at the moment even from those who aren’t officially working members of the family.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Without wanting to turn this into a political discussion (just felt that I needed to clarify before words would be put in my mouth): Quite the oposite in fact. I would prefer for Elena’s children not to attend ANY political demonstrations regardless of whether they’re supporting the left or the right stance, as whilst they’re private citizens, their names are still connected to the Casa Real and traditionally royalty and politics aren’t meant to mix regardless of what “wing” a royal supports. The SRF are on thin enough ice as it is and they don’t need any more negative PR at the moment even from those who aren’t officially working members of the family.
I would like to reassure you that I have no intent of "putting words in" the mouth of any individual. That is the reason for asking for clarification as to whether the Spanish people would consider it a problem for a member of the king's family to attend any event of a political nature, or only right-wing but not left-wing political events. Thank you for clarifying.
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 AM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Without wanting to turn this into a political discussion (just felt that I needed to clarify before words would be put in my mouth): Quite the oposite in fact. I would prefer for Elena’s children not to attend ANY political demonstrations regardless of whether they’re supporting the left or the right stance, as whilst they’re private citizens, their names are still connected to the Casa Real and traditionally royalty and politics aren’t meant to mix regardless of what “wing” a royal supports. The SRF are on thin enough ice as it is and they don’t need any more negative PR at the moment even from those who aren’t officially working members of the family.
I agree. I would prefer they not have any political affiliation. In this case, no PR is good PR for the SRF. My thoughts are also, if Elena is being supported by funds for the SRF, and in turn her children are benefiting from those funds, then they should not be participating in these protests. Of course, this is just my opinion.l
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:46 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I would like to reassure you that I have no intent of "putting words in" the mouth of any individual. That is the reason for asking for clarification as to whether the Spanish people would consider it a problem for a member of the king's family to attend any event of a political nature, or only right-wing but not left-wing political events. Thank you for clarifying.


Not a problem People assuming someone has said the wrong thing without reading their argument fully has always been a huge problem in political discussions from both sides of the political spectrums, and having had many political discussions lately with both sides of the debate myself as a Brit (don’t think I need to mention the biggest political issue here in the UK at the moment ), I just wanted to clarify that!
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 03-13-2019, 12:45 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Without wanting to turn this into a political discussion (just felt that I needed to clarify before words would be put in my mouth): Quite the oposite in fact. I would prefer for Elena’s children not to attend ANY political demonstrations regardless of whether they’re supporting the left or the right stance, as whilst they’re private citizens, their names are still connected to the Casa Real and traditionally royalty and politics aren’t meant to mix regardless of what “wing” a royal supports. The SRF are on thin enough ice as it is and they don’t need any more negative PR at the moment even from those who aren’t officially working members of the family.

Exactly, and even more so that the private citizen Felipe is actually No 4 in line of the throne, as other posters have already pointed out.
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:31 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 22,674
Don Felipe and Doña Victoria de Marichalar are 4th and 5th in the line of Succession unlike the children of the Infantas Pilar and Margarita who were just the nephew/nieces of King Juan Carlos.
__________________

6th of April 1199,Death of Richard the Lionheart
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 03-13-2019, 05:59 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I agree. I would prefer they not have any political affiliation. In this case, no PR is good PR for the SRF. My thoughts are also, if Elena is being supported by funds for the SRF, and in turn her children are benefiting from those funds, then they should not be participating in these protests. Of course, this is just my opinion.l
Another very good point. I'm guessing this is also the reason why Felipe Froilan and Victoria Federica have bodyguards too.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 22,674
Doña Victoria de Marichalar attended a farewell party in honour of bullfighter Gonzalo Caballero who's off to Mexico.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...ero-despedida/

Translation

https://translate.google.com/transla...o-despedida%2F
__________________

6th of April 1199,Death of Richard the Lionheart
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 04-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Doña Victoria de Marichalar attended a farewell party in honour of bullfighter Gonzalo Caballero who's off to Mexico.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...ero-despedida/

Translation

https://translate.google.com/transla...o-despedida%2F

Why are they never explicitly referred to as couple in the press ?
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 04-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 2,818
The article addressed this by stating: " Victoria Federica de Marichalar*y el torero*Gonzalo Caballero*mantienen una relación*que, sentimental o no, ya que ninguno de lo dos lo ha confirmado nunca, está claro que es muy cercana"

Or: VF and G have a relation - sentimental (meaning: as a couple) or not, something that neither of them has confirmed - that is clearly really close.
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 04-11-2019, 08:22 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 47,952
.

Elena and Victoria were pictured in Seville:


** Pic ** bekia.es photo ** hola: La infanta Elena y su hija adelantan la Semana Santa y ponen rumbo a Sevilla ** translation **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
froilán de marichalar, victoria de marichalar


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infanta Elena & Family Picture Thread, Part 1 Anna_R Infanta Elena and Children 164 04-14-2016 03:17 PM
Felipe Juan Froilán de Marichalar's First Communion: May 24, 2007 crisiñaki Infanta Elena and Children 80 08-24-2007 12:01 AM
Felipe Juan Froilán & Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News Part 1: June '03-June '07 Josefine Current Events Archive 196 06-08-2007 11:14 PM
Juan Valentín,Pablo Nicolás,Miguel & Irene Urdangarín, News Part 1: June '03-June '07 Josefine Current Events Archive 316 06-08-2007 11:11 PM
Prince Felipe, Current Events Part 2: May 2003 - June 2006 rattie21 Current Events Archive 186 06-30-2005 11:52 AM




Popular Tags
aif bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig birthday celebration bonaparte bracelets british royal family christian ix clothes countess of wessex crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife current events cypher dailyfail denmark discussão duchess of sussex duchessofsussex duke of edinburgh duke of sussex duke of york family search fashion french royalty gordon hamdan bin mohammed harry and meghan head of the house her children introduction iñaki urdangarín jack brooksbank juan carlos king letter meghan markle modernization mohammed vi nelson mandela bay northampton prince aymeric prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince of belgium prince peter princess princess benedikte princesses princess louise princess royal public image quizz relationship royal royal family rumania sarah duchess of york state visit surname tiara titles uk styles trump valois wedding windsor windsor castle windy city wivies ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises