The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Jaime de Marichalar is ill? What ails him?

Jaime had a stroke in 2001

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ke-in-gym.html

it is said that the recovery was kind of character changing and contributed to the failure of the marriage. so the children's upbringing was probably not easy.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

They are not part of the Royal Family, and therefore who decides if they have bodyguards or not, depending on the risks they value is the Interior Ministry.

Elena has bodyguards, but I have great doubts that her children, now that they are adults, still have them. The nephews of Juan Carlos never had them, and only that the government thought that there is some kind of risk because they are more known would justify that the children of Elena had them.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
https://www.clm24.es/articulo/gente/...014237642.html
https://translate.google.de/translat...014237642.html

Most articles mention it, and it poses a problem when they attending demostrations against the Sanchez government or events hosted by right wing parties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Interesting. I didn't think they would be considered "important" enough in terms of succession for bodyguards; though the SRF is on a rocky road as it is so if true I can imagine the court are just being cautious. But attending right wing demonstrations doesn't help ease this rocky road
Do you mean that it would have been considered a milder problem (or not a problem at all) for the Royal Family if they had instead attended left wing or pro-Sanchez government events?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
They are not part of the Royal Family, and therefore who decides if they have bodyguards or not, depending on the risks they value is the Interior Ministry.

Elena has bodyguards, but I have great doubts that her children, now that they are adults, still have them. The nephews of Juan Carlos never had them, and only that the government thought that there is some kind of risk because they are more known would justify that the children of Elena had them.

Maybe you are right, and Felipe uses Elena's bodyguards, what doesn't make it any better.

There are various articles about Felipe and his escapades and usually bodyguards are mentioned.
https://www.elnacional.cat/enblau/es...50536_102.html

Quote:
Do you mean that it would have been considered a milder problem (or not a problem at all) for the Royal Family if they had instead attended left wing or pro-Sanchez government events?
There have been similar discussions about the bodyguard issues in the BRF section with Harry (who is of course a member of the BRF and has now settled down), whose state-funded bodyguards were around when he partied hard in Las Vegas and went to a costume party in a Nazi outfit:
the bodyguard has to do the job, the judgement or thinking have to do others.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Majesty

But Elena and her children are allowed to vote, aren't they?
Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Elena,Felipe Juan Froilán &Victoria Federica de Marichalar,News Part 2:June 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

Without wanting to turn this into a political discussion (just felt that I needed to clarify before words would be put in my mouth): Quite the oposite in fact. I would prefer for Elena’s children not to attend ANY political demonstrations regardless of whether they’re supporting the left or the right stance, as whilst they’re private citizens, their names are still connected to the Casa Real and traditionally royalty and politics aren’t meant to mix regardless of what “wing” a royal supports. The SRF are on thin enough ice as it is and they don’t need any more negative PR at the moment even from those who aren’t officially working members of the family.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Without wanting to turn this into a political discussion (just felt that I needed to clarify before words would be put in my mouth): Quite the oposite in fact. I would prefer for Elena’s children not to attend ANY political demonstrations regardless of whether they’re supporting the left or the right stance, as whilst they’re private citizens, their names are still connected to the Casa Real and traditionally royalty and politics aren’t meant to mix regardless of what “wing” a royal supports. The SRF are on thin enough ice as it is and they don’t need any more negative PR at the moment even from those who aren’t officially working members of the family.
I would like to reassure you that I have no intent of "putting words in" the mouth of any individual. That is the reason for asking for clarification as to whether the Spanish people would consider it a problem for a member of the king's family to attend any event of a political nature, or only right-wing but not left-wing political events. Thank you for clarifying.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I agree. I would prefer they not have any political affiliation. In this case, no PR is good PR for the SRF. My thoughts are also, if Elena is being supported by funds for the SRF, and in turn her children are benefiting from those funds, then they should not be participating in these protests. Of course, this is just my opinion.l
Old 03-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I would like to reassure you that I have no intent of "putting words in" the mouth of any individual. That is the reason for asking for clarification as to whether the Spanish people would consider it a problem for a member of the king's family to attend any event of a political nature, or only right-wing but not left-wing political events. Thank you for clarifying.

Not a problem People assuming someone has said the wrong thing without reading their argument fully has always been a huge problem in political discussions from both sides of the political spectrums, and having had many political discussions lately with both sides of the debate myself as a Brit (don’t think I need to mention the biggest political issue here in the UK at the moment ), I just wanted to clarify that!

Old 03-13-2019, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:

Exactly, and even more so that the private citizen Felipe is actually No 4 in line of the throne, as other posters have already pointed out.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Don Felipe and Doña Victoria de Marichalar are 4th and 5th in the line of Succession unlike the children of the Infantas Pilar and Margarita who were just the nephew/nieces of King Juan Carlos.

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 03-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I agree. I would prefer they not have any political affiliation. In this case, no PR is good PR for the SRF. My thoughts are also, if Elena is being supported by funds for the SRF, and in turn her children are benefiting from those funds, then they should not be participating in these protests. Of course, this is just my opinion.l
Another very good point. I'm guessing this is also the reason why Felipe Froilan and Victoria Federica have bodyguards too.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Doña Victoria de Marichalar attended a farewell party in honour of bullfighter Gonzalo Caballero who's off to Mexico.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...ero-despedida/

Translation

https://translate.google.com/transla...o-despedida%2F

Old 04-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Doña Victoria de Marichalar attended a farewell party in honour of bullfighter Gonzalo Caballero who's off to Mexico.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...ero-despedida/

Translation

https://translate.google.com/transla...o-despedida%2F

Why are they never explicitly referred to as couple in the press ?
Old 04-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The article addressed this by stating: " Victoria Federica de Marichalar*y el torero*Gonzalo Caballero*mantienen una relación*que, sentimental o no, ya que ninguno de lo dos lo ha confirmado nunca, está claro que es muy cercana"

Or: VF and G have a relation - sentimental (meaning: as a couple) or not, something that neither of them has confirmed - that is clearly really close.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Elena and Victoria were pictured in Seville:

** Pic ** bekia.es photo ** hola: La infanta Elena y su hija adelantan la Semana Santa y ponen rumbo a Sevilla ** translation **
Old 05-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Victoria attended a dinner at the Carriage Museum in Seville yesterday, May 3, part of the Feria de Abril (April Fair):

** hola: El look más elegante de Victoria Federica en su debut en solitario **

** lecturas: Victoria Federica debuta en solitario en un acto oficial **
Old 05-04-2019, 07:55 AM
Majesty

She looks so much like her mum!
Old 05-04-2019, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is it just me or does Doña Victoria de Marichalar look like she's getting taller and taller?

Old 05-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

Yes and no; it may be the shoes here, but I think she could have inherited some of her uncles genes. And I always considered her father to be quite tall.

Closed Thread

Tags
froilán de marichalar, victoria de marichalar