Elena, Felipe Froilán &Victoria Federica de Marichalar, News 2:June 2007- May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm a newbie here in The Royal Forum. Having so much fun so far looking all the photos and comments you post.

Indeed Victoria Federeica is looking gorgeous. Spanish sun seems to fit her well.
And I hope Cristina is getting the best way possible with his husband situation. It was nice from her sister to go and visit her.:flowers:

Hi! I'm a newbie here in The Royal Forum. Having so much fun so far looking all the photos and comments you post.

Indeed Victoria Federeica is looking gorgeous. Spanish sun seems to fit her well.
And I hope Cristina is getting the best way possible with his husband situation. It was nice from her sister to go and visit her.:flowers:

Welcome to this forum. I agree that her sister Elena will certainly help and relax Cristina. They seem to enjoy each other's company. Nice

Last edited:
I asked this question in the forum on "Titles of the Spanish Royal Family", but got no answer, so I will ask it again here.

Froilán, as far as I understand, is a (non-hereditary) grandee of Spain under the royal decree 1368/87. Will his firstborn son be entitled then to the style of Excelentísimo Señor as it is the case of heirs to hereditary grandeeships ? Similarly, will his younger children be styled Ilustrísimo Señor as it is usual for children of hereditary grandees ?

The children of Infantas Pilar and Margrita are also all styled His/Her Excellency Don/Doña , grande de España.

However none of Pilar and Margarita's grandchildren have bee addressed with any style ,though it maybe different for Don Felipe as he is 4th in line to the throne where as Infantas Pilar and Margrita renounced their succession rites upon marriage.

Famous bullfighter declares publicly to Victoria Federica

The bullfighting fans of Victoria Federica have unveiled this weekend the intense friendship that joins him to a famous bullfighter. The daughter of the Infanta Elena went to the arena of La Malagueta (Málaga) this Saturday and there the right-hander made a toast to the young woman before finishing one of her tasks. But who is it? He is the Peruvian Roca Rey. In the last bull of the afternoon, he went to the niece of King Philip VI and said, according to Hello !: "I toast for a future together. You are the queen of my eyes. "
A phrase very commented by those present, who saw how he threw the cap to Victoria Federica, while she received it with a big smile accompanied by a friend. Undoubtedly, this gesture evidenced the beautiful friendship that exists between both and who knows if, in addition, it positioned Victoria Federica as her new amulet, because she triumphed in the bullring.
https://look.okdiario.com/casa-real...?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=notificacion
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_e...ctoria-federica-dedicatoria-roca-rey-amistad/

Last edited:
Too bad that she picked up the smoking habit. I guess the Spanish press considers her an acceptable paparazzi target now she is 18.

I didn't realise Victoria Federica already smoked - a shame (however smoking seems more common in mainland Europe and particularly Spain than it is here in England).

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realise Victoria Federica already smoked - a shame (however smoking seems more common in Europe and particularly Spain than it is here in England).

And yes, unfortunately it is quite common in Spain.

Figures for the European monarchies (there are several European republics with higher percentages):
1. Spain 29%
2. The Netherlands 25%
3. Luxembourg 24%
4. Belgium 23%
5. Norway 22%
6. Sweden 21%
7. United Kingdom 19%
8. Denmark 17%

Last edited by a moderator:
The children of Infantas Pilar and Margrita are also all styled His/Her Excellency Don/Doña , grande de España.

However none of Pilar and Margarita's grandchildren have bee addressed with any style ,though it maybe different for Don Felipe as he is 4th in line to the throne where as Infantas Pilar and Margrita renounced their succession rites upon marriage.

I asked this question in the forum on "Titles of the Spanish Royal Family", but got no answer, so I will ask it again here.

Froilán, as far as I understand, is a (non-hereditary) grandee of Spain under the royal decree 1368/87. Will his firstborn son be entitled then to the style of Excelentísimo Señor as it is the case of heirs to hereditary grandeeships ? Similarly, will his younger children be styled Ilustrísimo Señor as it is usual for children of hereditary grandees ?
Interesting question. Why would it be if his style is not hereditary? Given the current thinking to focus only on the core royal family in which even the siblings are kicked out of the casa real I don't think his children (grandchildren ofsuch a sibling) will be treated differently than those of other non-hereditary (currently only yhe grandchildren of Pilar and Margarita or are there any others?).

Last edited:
Has Victoria started university or some sort of gap year? If I remember correctly she and her cousin Pablo were born very close together and, at least according to the thread for the Urdangarin children, he graduated high school this past spring.

That being said, a quick google shows both of them were born quite late in the year. Maybe the cut off dates for Spain don’t go by calendar year and she actually has another year to go?

I didn't realise Victoria Federica already smoked - a shame (however smoking seems more common in mainland Europe and particularly Spain than it is here in England).

Unfortunately tobacco smoking is still quite common in Spain. I believe Froilán also smokes like his sister.

Interesting question. Why would it be if his style is not hereditary? Given the current thinking to focus only on the core royal family in which even the siblings are kicked out of the casa real I don't think his children (grandchildren ofsuch a sibling) will be treated differently than those of other non-hereditary (currently only yhe grandchildren of Pilar and Margarita or are there any others?).

Yes, there are numerous others. Infanta Beatriz and Infanta María Cristina (daughters of King Alfonso XIII), Infante José Eugenio, Infanta María de las Mercedes, and Infanta Isabel Alfonsa (grandchildren of King Alfonso XII) all have grandchildren (by morganatic marriages) who are still alive.

Last edited:
Victoria Federica seems to be very interested in horses. Does she ride horses competitively or just as a hobby?
I wonder what was said to warrant her expression in this photo :D

Froilán, on the other hand, on February 10th attended a mass demonstration against the government in Madrid.
The manifestation was summoned and attended by right and far right wing party that opposed the Prime Minister's intention to accept a mediator figure at the cross-party talks on Catalonia. Protesters called Pedro Sanchez a traitor and asked for immediate elections.

Apparently, Froilán asked the Casa Real for permission to attend the manifestation and allegedly it was granted because the demonstration hadn't been called by one political party only.

https://www.elmundo.es/loc/casa-real/2019/02/23/5c6ff44221efa024738b45dd.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom