Suggestion for baby names?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
If you have a suggestion for a name for the new baby, don't feel shy about sharing it with us here. The baby won't be born until April, but that just gives us plenty of time to guess a name.

Remember that the sex of the baby is unknown, thus we need both girl and boy names.

Have fun!

I'll start then... *sighs*

Boy names:
Magnus
Olav
Alexander
Edward
Harald
Haakon
Christian
Frederik

Should it be any of the above I think Olav is a likely candidate. It's a name from both families. But then again, Märtha and Ari could go for the combination M & A again.

Girl names:
Sonja
Marianne
Astrid
Ingeborg
Margrete

:confused:

The combination M-A would be nice.But perhaps for a boy the other way around:
A-M
-Alexander Magnus

for a girl:
-Magaretha- Astrid
-Maria-Anna

I do not hope that they will chose such traditional names .....

Don't forget to suggest names for Märtha Louise and Ari's baby due in April.

liv said:
The combination M-A would be nice.But perhaps for a boy the other way around:
A-M

I think this is a nice idea, too.

For a boy: Alexandre-Magnus or Alexandre-Mikael. (Or at least whatever the Norwegian translations/versions of these names are.) I really like Magnus- or Mikael- Ari or Alexandre.

For a girl: Marianne (after Martha Louise's best friend) or Margriet, which is a name I love.

Does anyone know of any authors either Martha Louise or Ari have mentioned as someone whose work they love or admire? I could see them naming their second child after such an individual.

The Norwegian version of Alexandre would be Aleksander/Alexander.

It is a nice name.

Alexander would be kinda nice....but maybe a bit too close to Ingrid Alexandra!

We don't really have any ideas ourselves, but you've all suggested some great ones!

I wonder if Martha Louise and Ari might be a little bit influenced in their choice of names after their stay in New York City? Perhaps they will choose a more American name for their son or daughter?

For girls HILLARY hahaha well i'm into traditional names Emily, James, Sebastian, Christina, Katherine ^__^ but i love unique, uncommon names such as Phinneas.

Alexandria said:
I wonder if Martha Louise and Ari might be a little bit influenced in their choice of names after their stay in New York City? Perhaps they will choose a more American name for their son or daughter?

Maybe. Maud Angelica's name certainly isn't very Norwegian at all.

I think Maud is a very traditional Norwegian name .

Princess Martha wanted tradtional norway names she really wanted it or names after her late grandfather's names what she wanted it!

Sara Boyce

Clarifying: Maud isn't a very Norwegian name. There are today only around 300 people or so who's called Maud in Norway. It's a name with royal history in Norway, but hasn't been very traditional among the people.

I'm certain that whatever name Ari and Märtha chooses, it will be a unique one. They seem to be very creative people. If they can tie it into family history, they'd most likely do that.

Anybody have more suggestions?

norwegianne said:
Clarifying: Maud isn't a very Norwegian name. There are today only around 300 people or so who's called Maud in Norway. It's a name with royal history in Norway, but hasn't been very traditional among the people.

I have to agree with you on that. My guess it's been more common in UK, as Queen Maud originally was a British princess. But then again the popularity of names goes up and down like a roller coaster. So it might not be very common in the UK anymore. I don't have any numbers on its popularity in the UK. Ingrid is a more common traditional Norwegian name, but that name is already taken in the Royal family :) My bet is that the new baby will also have a untraditional Norwegian name!

Last edited:
I agree, KikkiB. Untraditional Norwegian names could possibly work well. I'd think that they would be aware of the globalization and make sure that the name would be easy enough for everybody to use, though.

I do wonder whether they'll stick to the letters M and A for intitials, though. It is hard to find a naming pattern when they only have one child from before.

Ms Layevska said:
Sean-John is a nice name for a boy...

Isn't this the name of Puff Daddy/P. Diddy? :eek: Or at least some variation of it? I hightly doubt that Martha Louise and Ari would name their son after a rapper who has had extensive legal problems.

Genevieve said:
Isn't this the name of Puff Daddy/P. Diddy? :eek: Or at least some variation of it? I hightly doubt that Martha Louise and Ari would name their son after a rapper who has had extensive legal problems.

that not good idea for her baby! but Princess Martha-louise wanted names after her grandfather if boy or if girls would after her family no matters!

Sara Boyce

Louise - Isabella (or Louisa- Isabel) I strongly suspect a little girl
John (Jacques) or Jack - Anri.

The name of the little girl is Leah Isadora Behn.

This thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom