Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what he thinks about all that.

Expressen wrote on Wednesday about Ari Behn's comments to norwegian TV2.

Now the couple receives support from Märtha Louise's ex, Ari Behn. The couple were married for 14 years before they divorced in 2016. They have three children together.
- I'm very proud of Märtha. She is ahead of her time, she does an important job, Ari Behn tells Norwegian TV2.
Today, Ari Behn has chosen to focus on his art career, and it was during one of his art shows that the TV channel met him. He tells the TV channel that he has met the shaman and that he likes him.
- Yes, very much, says Ari Behn, to the TV channel.
Ari Behn is also proud of how Märtha Louise has handled all the resurrection after introducing her new love Shaman Durek.
Prinsessan Märtha Louise får stöd – från exmaken Ari Behn

:previous: Well; I doubt that Ari would purposefully say that he doesn't like the Shaman in a public interview, so who knows what he thinks behind closed doors - but he seems sensible enough to be able to tolerate him and not disturb their relationship if they happen to be in the same room as each other. I doubt the Shaman would act in that way if it were the other way round, though!

In the TERRIBLY TRAGICALLY event that Crown Princess Mette Marit predeceases Queen Sonja, Princess Ingrid Alexandra will automatically become First Lady as the Senior Princess of the Court, regardless of being above or under 18.

Norway has survived without a Queen before and will survive it again should it become necessary. It won't be for a long time though. Sweden was without a First Lady between 15 June 1974 (Princess Christina's wedding) to 19 June 1976 (Wedding of the Royal Couple). During that 2 year gap The King was the only full time working royal, though Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson and Prince Bertil was part time.

I hope Queen Sonja will turn 90 in good health and as of today it's not unthinkable. She seems to be like a Duracell Bunny and in better physical health than most youngsters ;-) Tell me which other 82 year old Queen go hiking and skiing in the mountains whenever her schedule allows for it ?

And to be honest with you, i don't think many Norwegians WANT Princess Märtha Louise to even be the be symbolic Senior Princess, even if just for shorter periods during Ingrid Alexandra's education. Most Norwegians lost their patience with her already when she married Ari and had her "Angel Course"... Many Norwegians also disliked the Crown Prince's choice of wife but Mette Marit has ever since her wedding worked her way up and proved herself being worthy of her position.

Swedish publishing house Nona pauses the release plans of Shaman's book. At least for the moment.
- We are currently investigating the issue from our direction and are having a dialogue with the Norwegian publishing house, but at the moment the message is that we will also stop publishing, said Jiwar Roshan, press officer for Nona publishing house in a statement.
Shaman Dureks nya bok stoppas i Sverige _ Svensk Dam

Crown Prince Haakon commented on the book to his sister's boyfriend on Thursday afternoon.

Crown Prince Haakon told VGTV on Thursday afternoon that it is up to the publisher whether they will publish a book or not, but he had this to say about the content, as he knew it:

- We have quite different approaches to these questions. I had probably started from research on health and Norwegian health care, said Norway's heir to the throne.
https://www.vg.no/rampelys/i/9v0Pgw...smaalene?utm_source=vgfront&utm_content=row-1

I wonder if his sisters boyfriend will now sue Haakon just like he wants to sue the media for saying the same thing

Does anyone know if Martha Louise is still carrying out any duties for the royal family? Any of her patronages still staging events with her participation? I can't find any info on this. She seems to be very busy elsewhere!!

It might be hard but I really hope for her that this relationship will soon find an end and she will find an honest, sympathic man with a reputable business who will bring her back to "earth".

In a live video Friday night, Shaman Durek apologizes his words.
- I made some mistakes in a post where I said that Norway banned my book. It was a misunderstanding. It was the publisher who stopped my book. So I will regret that.
- In addition, I apologize for having generalized Norwegians. Not everyone in Norway has an issue with me. I don't want people to misunderstand the fact that Norway is a beautiful country, with beautiful people, and of course my girlfriend, who is a princess in Norway. So, of course, I have a lot of respect and love for the country.
Durek Verrett - Beklager til nordmenn - Dagbladet

:previous: Hmm, either he is intelligent enough to realize that move wasn't beneficial for him. (A lot of publicity though...) Or someone called him and convinced him to retract.
It's rarely a good idea to declare war on the press.

I'm going to say it was probably the former reason not the latter. Haakon certainly didn't seem impressed and distanced himself from the themes contained in the book so I wonder if point was made in private as well.

Does anyone know if Martha Louise is still carrying out any duties for the royal family? Any of her patronages still staging events with her participation? I can't find any info on this. She seems to be very busy elsewhere!!

The 2018 annual report from the Royal Court lists twelve events attended by her that year in her capacity as a member of the royal family, including five solo events (which I have emphasized with underlining).

1.–2. FEBRUAR
Offisielt besøk av Hertugen og Hertuginnen av Cambridge

7. MARS
Avdeling Regnbuens 20-årsjubileum, Kurland skole i Sarpsborg

12. MARS
Paralympiske Leker 2018, Sør-Korea

18. MAI
Norges Døveforbunds 100-årsjubileum, Oslo rådhus

7. JUNI
Regjeringens markering av norsk innsats i De Olympiske og Paralympiske Leker i Pyeongchang 2018

9. AUGUST
Besøk til Universitetssenteret på Svalbard og Svalbard museum

27. AUGUST
Åpning av H.M. Dronningens barndomshjem på Maihaugen, Lillehammer

29. AUGUST
Gudstjeneste i anledning DD.MM. Kongen og Dronningens gullbryllup, Oslo domkirke
Middag anledning DD.MM. Kongen og Dronningens gullbryllup

10. SEPTEMBER
Lansering av Stiftelsen VI, Olympiatoppen

17. SEPTEMBER
Lunsj for Prinsesse Märtha Louises Fond

22. NOVEMBER
Åpningsseminaret for Abloom Filmfestival «Universell utforming», Oslo

- I made some mistakes in a post where I said that Norway banned my book. It was a misunderstanding. It was the publisher who stopped my book. So I will regret that.
- In addition, I apologize for having generalized Norwegians. Not everyone in Norway has an issue with me. I don't want people to misunderstand the fact that Norway is a beautiful country, with beautiful people, and of course my girlfriend, who is a princess in Norway. So, of course, I have a lot of respect and love for the country.

Surprised the Shaman even issued an apology! He just shouldn't have made the comment in the first place.

The words that are in bold speak a lot to me. Does this mean that if ML *wasn't* a princess of Norway, would he feel differently? I seriously doubt that Norwegians needed to be reminded that ML is their princess. It tells me that the fact that ML is a princess matters more to him than he's letting on.

This is a serious case of open mouth, insert foot in my book (not the shaman's book mind you). :D

:previous:

Within the context of the above quote, I think his stress is on the fact that his girlfriend the princess is an example of a person "in Norway" who does not "have an issue with" him ("Not everyone in Norway has an issue with me").

That makes sense too. The bottom line though is that the book will not be published in Norway. That brings me to a question. Has the book been published anywhere else? I know there are publishing houses in the US that can and does publish books such as these.

He sure doesn't miss an opportunity to remind us that ML is a princess! The more I read about him, the more I'm convinced he would not be with her if she wasn't. He had a picture with Ari Behn on his IG stories ...called him "his brother" and, of course, he "loved him".

He sure doesn't miss an opportunity to remind us that ML is a princess! The more I read about him, the more I'm convinced he would not be with her if she wasn't. He had a picture with Ari Behn on his IG stories ...called him "his brother" and, of course, he "loved him".

He's a very loving man. :D

But, but, why didn't his ancestors and spirit-guides give him a heads-up in regards to the publishing house rejecting his book? :ermm:
Perhaps his spirits don't understand Norwegian?
Or have the Norwegian spirits out there in the spirit world, ganged up against him as well, and withheld that piece of information?

Me mighty confused! :ohmy:

That makes sense too. The bottom line though is that the book will not be published in Norway. That brings me to a question. Has the book been published anywhere else? I know there are publishing houses in the US that can and does publish books such as these.

Yes, it is available from Amazon. The publication date is listed as October 15.

I can't help but hope that this relationship ends... It feels hard to say but it is the truth.

I get that ML don't want to be seen as a Royal and hates the Royal protocol (strange as she had no issues in touring as "The Princess & The Shaman" but had to more or less be forced to stop misusing her title) and that she claims to be clairvoyant, but should it really be so difficult for her to find a non-weird husband with an uncontroversial job ?

In the TERRIBLY TRAGICALLY event that Crown Princess Mette Marit predeceases Queen Sonja, Princess Ingrid Alexandra will automatically become First Lady as the Senior Princess of the Court, regardless of being above or under 18.

Norway has survived without a Queen before and will survive it again should it become necessary. It won't be for a long time though. Sweden was without a First Lady between 15 June 1974 (Princess Christina's wedding) to 19 June 1976 (Wedding of the Royal Couple). During that 2 year gap The King was the only full time working royal, though Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson and Prince Bertil was part time.

I hope Queen Sonja will turn 90 in good health and as of today it's not unthinkable. She seems to be like a Duracell Bunny and in better physical health than most youngsters ;-) Tell me which other 82 year old Queen go hiking and skiing in the mountains whenever her schedule allows for it ?

And to be honest with you, i don't think many Norwegians WANT Princess Märtha Louise to even be the be symbolic Senior Princess, even if just for shorter periods during Ingrid Alexandra's education. Most Norwegians lost their patience with her already when she married Ari and had her "Angel Course"... Many Norwegians also disliked the Crown Prince's choice of wife but Mette Marit has ever since her wedding worked her way up and proved herself being worthy of her position.

Queen Sonja's mother passed when she was in her late 90s. So there is a hope that she will get older.
I want ML to retire completely from the royal duties. One more concern from me is the celebrity addiction the crown prince couple have. They should remove "friends" like Gwyneth Paltrow etc. They make the royal family/house unpopular. Stay discreet and neutral...

Queen Sonja's mother passed when she was in her late 90s. So there is a hope that she will get older.
I want ML to retire completely from the royal duties. One more concern from me is the celebrity addiction the crown prince couple have. They should remove "friends" like Gwyneth Paltrow etc. They make the royal family/house unpopular. Stay discreet and neutral...

Based on this, I think Princess Ragnhild would gladly shake hands with you...

Royalty has always been friends with celebrities from the beginning, whatever constituted celebrities or performers in the era they lived in. It's not a new thing and sometimes got Royals into questionable situations just like today. They should be mindful about who they mix with to a certain extent. However with a lot of the social/fundraiser/international circles and events they go to, it's inevitable they are going to make connections with GPs or others like her. Unless a person is a criminal or otherwise making poor choices I don't think anyone should dictate their friends. Friends with "Hollywood Royalty" is a lot less questionable than friendship with murderous regime leaders and their heirs.

Personally I think the sham man falls into a very poor choice category for a number of reasons, not least of which was the joint tour but the public shouldn't be able to "yes to friendship with Bono, no to Gwyneth coming over for tea" just for an example.

Royalty has always been friends with celebrities from the beginning, whatever constituted celebrities or performers in the era they lived in. It's not a new thing and sometimes got Royals into questionable situations just like today. They should be mindful about who they mix with to a certain extent. However with a lot of the social/fundraiser/international circles and events they go to, it's inevitable they are going to make connections with GPs or others like her. Unless a person is a criminal or otherwise making poor choices I don't think anyone should dictate their friends. Friends with "Hollywood Royalty" is a lot less questionable than friendship with murderous regime leaders and their heirs.

Personally I think the sham man falls into a very poor choice category for a number of reasons, not least of which was the joint tour but the public shouldn't be able to "yes to friendship with Bono, no to Gwyneth coming over for tea" just for an example.

In Norway the "tradition" for the royal family have been to be discreet, down to earth, neutral etc.

In Norway the "tradition" for the royal family have been to be discreet, down to earth, neutral etc.

Hence my comment on the previous page about the late Princess Ragnhild.

While I understand where you come from, in today's society it sounds a bit elitist.
Even royalty has to move with the times, although they do walk a fine line.

There is nothing wrong with royals being friends with celebrities. Often times celebrities have the fan based, media attention, and money that is very useful to royal foundations and charities.
For example, the Centrepoint charity of which the Duke of Cambridge supports received bi-Atlantic press reports and media attention when Taylor Swift attended and joined in on singing on stage with Bon Jovi and the Duke of Cambridge.

The problem is when the celebrity-royal relationship moves beyond a professional and working relationship and is publicized and known to the public.

Royals don't want to risk the royal house being "celebritized" so they must be careful.

The problem is when the celebrity-royal relationship moves beyond a professional and working relationship and is publicized and known to the public.

Royals don't want to risk the royal house being "celebritized" so they must be careful.
Overstepping that fine line is exactly what some have criticised Haakon and Mette-Marit for. Not only with celebrities but also with jet-set friends rich enough to lend them luxury yatchs something which was a big scandal only a few years ago.

Last edited:
Overstepping that fine line is exactly what some have criticised Haakon and Mette-Marit for. Not only with celebrities but also with jet-set friends rich enough to lend them luxury yatchs something which was a big scandal only a few years ago.

I think the big difference here is the idea that Martha Louise and her "shaman" were using her royal status to make a profit for themselves and celebrity "name dropping" to enhance their own agenda and stuff their own pockets.

Many, many royals can and do associate with celebrities with the idea that these "deep pockets" can and do assist in funding and bringing attention to causes and organizations that royals sponsor and patronage in their service to the people of their country.

Being a celebrity or a jet setter or filthy rich isn't a disease. They're human beings just like royals are. It all depends on the motives and reasons they have for coming together. On anything. ML and her "shaman" aren't serving their public out of the goodness of their hearts or else what they preach that will benefit mankind as a whole would come free of charge. ;)

At least that's how I see it.

Weren't they also criticised for the expenses of a 40th birthday celebration? I can't remember whether it was for Haakon or MM, but I certainly recall the couple being criticised in the Scandinavian media for the extravagant party.

Hence my comment on the previous page about the late Princess Ragnhild.

While I understand where you come from, in today's society it sounds a bit elitist.
Even royalty has to move with the times, although they do walk a fine line.

pkl was noting that Norwegian culture, rather than being elitist, is negative towards elitism, and therefore to "move with the times" in today's Norwegian society would be to move in the opposite direction from the one you suggested.

I've found the input of Royal Norway, a very informed Norwegian poster in this forum, helpful:

I urge those who are interested to read (as you did) the Wikipedia article about it. In addition to the their explanation, I must add that the Law of Jante (Janteloven in Norwegian) is much more present in Norway than in the other Scandinavian countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=Law+of+Jante&title=Special:Search

I will now try to explain how the Law of Jante has affected Haakon and Mette-Marit's popularity:

As I said in post 109: After the criticism from people/media calmed down after the wedding in 2001, both Haakon and Mette-Marit become very popular (I would say even more popular than what Frederik and Mary are in Denmark now). They got some criticism for the controversial journey they went on in 2010/2011, but it calmed down quickly. Their approval ratings were above 80% until early 2013.

This was because we liked that they were like us, we liked that Mette-Marit had a history and we liked that Haakon was a caring stepfather to Marius.

In the last 3 years, this has unfortunately changed. Let me make some examples:

They have been criticized for:

1. They took the children out of the public school etc.

Most Norwegians reacted like this: They think they're better than everyone else. They don't think that the public school is good enough for them. Who the heck do they think they are.

2. Being friends with wealthy people, politicians, actors and for going on luxury boat-trips etc.

Most Norwegians reacted like this: They are snobbish. They are not like the King. They live like royalty did in the past. They are trying to reintroduce the nobility in Norway etc.

3. Haakon: He interferes in politics, uses the royal court's money to build organizations and is bad at dealing with the media.

Most Norwegians reacted like this: He behaves like a politician. He is arrogant etc.

4. Mette-Marit: She's even worse at dealing with the media and gets cranky when she gets asked critical questions. And she uses expensive clothing.

Most Norwegians reacted like this: She is arrogant. She can't handle criticism. She is snobbish. She is too grand etc.

Queen Sonja was also criticized for being snobbish, a bit cold and too grand, but it has calmed down over the past 10 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: pkl
Back
Top Bottom