The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2019, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
A mistake? All the times??

And there won't be anymore mistakes in the future...?

Anyway, that agreement can hardly be more clear.

It is a very sensible deal and should be agreed by other European royal families as well. I am thinking specifically of Prince Nikolai of Denmark for example, who has also used his title in his modeling career.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martha Louise send her thanks about the wishes as celebrates her birthday in Svalbard

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2wcMGbix5t/

Old 11-21-2019, 02:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martha Louise Launching her book Sensitive Kids in Sweden

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5GxVLhAMAT/
Old 11-21-2019, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos taken during an interview she has given to promote her book in Stockholm yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** rex gallery **

And this morning she was interviewed for a Swedish morning programme:

** tv4.se video: Prinsessan om sin högkänslighet: ”Reagerar på det osagda”
Old 11-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Indeed. And the promotion has caused some controversy in Norway.

Dagbladet has noticed that the authors of this book called Sensitive Children are Elisabeth Nordeng and Princess Märtha Louise.

On 7th August it was agreed that ML would in the future refrain from using her title in private commercial contexts.

However, an editor from the Swedish publisher of the book, Ane Frostad, explains that the book was sent to the printers in August and they, at the publishing agency, were not aware of any controversy in Norway regarding ML's use of her title - at the time that is. They became aware of that later, but by then the book was printed and binded.
Ane Frostad doesn't remember the exact date that book was turned over for printing but there were no mentioning regarding the title of princess was not to be used.
Ane Frostad adds that the debate regarding ML's use of her title wasn't a particular issue, so that was not discussed and they put Princess Märtha Louise on the cover just as they did with previous books by ML.

ML's manager, Carina Scheele Carlsen, says to Dagbladet, that the book was send to the printers before 7th August - so too late, too bad.

The reply by text message from the PR-chief of the NRF, Guri Varpe, is interesting:
Prinsessens tittel skal ikke brukes i kommersiell sammenheng. Vi har forstått det slik at det var vanskelig å få endret det i tide i dette tilfellet, men at dette ikke skal skje ved eventuelle fremtidige utgivelser.
"The title of the Princess is not to be used in a commercial context. We have understood that it was difficult to change that in time, in this case, but that it will not (as in must not) happen in the case of future publications."

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/derf...veret/71845243

https://www.bt.dk/kendte/prinsesse-i...rcielt-projekt
Old 11-23-2019, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

Perhaps it is time to use the same consequences for ML as Prince Andrew of the UK is experiencing from the Queen. I would not, of course, equate his alleged transgressions in the same category of Martha Louise's. But they are/have really put their royal houses in difficult positions. And really needlessly because of their greed? arrogance? selfishness? sense of entitlement??? It pains me, when I think of the hard work and sacrifices that past kings and queens, prince and princesses of Norway have put into making the royal family so admirable -- during wars and difficulties historically -- and it has come down to this clueless woman!
Old 11-23-2019, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, but what to do?

But the words from the court sounded like a direct warning to me.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosana View Post

Perhaps it is time to use the same consequences for ML as Prince Andrew of the UK is experiencing from the Queen. I would not, of course, equate his alleged transgressions in the same category of Martha Louise's. But they are/have really put their royal houses in difficult positions. And really needlessly because of their greed? arrogance? selfishness? sense of entitlement??? It pains me, when I think of the hard work and sacrifices that past kings and queens, prince and princesses of Norway have put into making the royal family so admirable -- during wars and difficulties historically -- and it has come down to this clueless woman!
Because the Princess's public duties are already confined to a handful of patronages and events and she is mainly visible in her private career, I'm not sure the renunciation of her remaining patronages would change how she is perceived by the public.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Märtha Louise has pulled an Andrew.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/norsk-kronp...u-beklager-hun
https://www.dn.no/politikk/jeffrey-e...det/2-1-715469

And in English: https://www.dn.no/utenriks/jeffrey-e...hly/2-1-716538

It is confirmed she met with Jeffrey Epstein several times at his home between 2011-2013. That is after he was convicted of sexual abuse.
They met through mutual acquaintances, ML esplains.
The meetings took place in USA but one took place in Norway.

The meeting were always social events, meaning that they were never alone.
ML decided to sever the connection with Epstein when she learned that he used to connection with her, to reach other persons.

ML has through the court issued a statement:
Jeg ville aldri hatt noe med Epstein å gjøre dersom jeg hadde vært klar over alvorlighetsgraden av hans kriminelle handlinger. Jeg burde undersøkt Epsteins fortid nærmere, og beklager at jeg ikke gjorde det.
Gjennom mitt langvarige arbeid med internasjonale helsespørsmål har jeg sett på nært hold de store skadene seksuelle overgrep påfører barn og kvinner. Vi har alle medansvar for å bekjempe seksuelle overgrep og støtte ofrene, og jeg ønsker å uttrykke min dype sympati og solidaritet med ofrene for de overgrep Jeffrey Epstein har begått.

The court and ML declines to elaborate further.
So as not to tarnish Martha Louise's name/reputation, I feel obligated to say it has since been disclosed that it was CP Mette-Marit, not Martha Louise, who was spending time with Epstein. Discussion of MM's time with the disgraced financier can be found in her General News and Information Thread.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Commoner

I am confused. Did both Martha Louise and Mette Marit meet with Epstein? Their statements sound exactly the same.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrief View Post
I am confused. Did both Martha Louise and Mette Marit meet with Epstein? Their statements sound exactly the same.
It was Mette Marit. If you click on the links Mueler provided they, at this point, name Mette Marit as the royal with Epstein connections.

While I can't speak for Mueler, maybe the newspapers were initially confused and posted the wrong name before issuing a correction?
Old 12-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

According to the article. ML never met with Jeffrey

"In a text message to the Norwegian media VG, a press officer writes that Princess Märtha-Louise has never met Epstein"
Old 12-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

You are absolutely right.

I have no idea why I thought about Märtha Louise.

Anyway, I will repost in the correct thread.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martha Louise will take part tomorrow morning 9 December at the 10th annual TEDxAmsterdamWomen conference.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B50Vq_GlAgs/